Over the weekend 18-year old Pavan “Pavan” Lakhat from Yuba City, CA emerged from the field of 32 Madden NFL 19 Club Championship finalists to win the EA Major belt, $100,000, a seat at the series’ upcoming Madden NFL 19 Bowl and two tickets to last night’s Super Bowl LIII.
As back-to-back NFL club champion representing the Oakland Raiders and in only his 3rd EA Major appearance, his journey was not an easy one; Pavan had to get past some seriously big names in Madden NFL including “Blocky” and “Echo Fox Joke.”
The young competitor posted at least 23 points in all five of his games during the four-day live finals. Here’s a snapshot of his path to victory.
- Round of 32: Daniel “WarDaddy” Delgado (Chiefs) 27-10
- Round of 16: Jeffrey “Turbo Jeff” Taroon (Broncos) 28-21
- Quarterfinal: Raidel “Echo Fox Joke” Brito (Browns) 26-14
- Semifinal: Abbott “Blocky” Lopez (Dolphins) 23-10
- Final: Ryan “ibestrafing” Danczak (Vikings) 38-24
Each of the four semifinalists (see tournament bracket) including Abbott “Blocky” Lopez, Hassan “GOS” Spall and runner-up Ryan “ibestrafing” Danczak – who takes home a respectable $75,000 – have earned spots at Madden NFL 19 Bowl as well.