EA SPORTS™ celebrates the single largest sporting event on the planet with the only official and exclusively licensed videogame for the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™.
Experience all the emotion and passion of the world’s fiercest national rivalries as you live the dream of competing against fans from around the world for the 2010 FIFA World Cup™. Take on the challenge of leading your home nation from qualification right through to a virtual re-creation of the FIFA World Cup Final™ and feel what it is like to score the goal that lifts a nation.
For the first time ever, play out the 2010 FIFA World CupTM in a full and authentic online tournament mode. Carry the hopes and dreams of your favourite nation into battle against fans from rival countries. Compete under the same conditions your real-world heroes will face in South Africa, from the group stage through the knockout rounds to the chance to be crowned 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa TM champion. For fans of nations that failed to qualify for South Africa this is the chance to replay and re-write history. Plus, earn individual and team points to prove your nation is the best in Battle of the Nations.
Spectacularly presented in true-to-life detail, EA SPORTS 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™ features all 199 national teams that took part in qualification, all 10 officially licensed stadiums to be used in South Africa and stadiums from each qualifying region. Everything fans love about the World Cup comes to life in stunning detail, including confetti cannons, streamers, & fireworks—just like the official tournament. Plus, supporters who follow their heroes to South Africa will be in the stands waving their country’s flag, holding giant banners and cheering in their native language.
EA SPORTS 2010 FIFA World Cup features a more sophisticated, faster-paced and responsive version of the market-leading EA SPORTS football engine that drives the award-winning FIFA 11—the highest rated sports game on this console generation. Gameplay innovations capture the journey from qualification to the final tournament with home and away strategies for every nation, situational tactics in-game, and altitude affects that fatigue players faster and even impact the flight of the ball.
Additional features will be revealed leading up to the game’s retail launch.
· Win the 2010 FIFA World Cup — Compete as one of 199 teams from qualification right through to a virtual reproduction of the 2010 FIFA World Cup Final. Play in any of the 10 official stadiums that come to life with the pageantry and festivity of the 2010 FIFA World Cup™.
· 2010 FIFA World Cup Online — The first-ever full and authentic 2010 FIFA World Cup online tournament. Compete as your favourite country against rivals in the group stage through the knockout rounds to be crowned 2010 FIFA World Cup champion. Navigate the Globe to locate top countries and opponents among all 199 participating nations.
· Spectacular Presentation: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™ comes to life in spectacular fashion with all the emotion and pageantry of the official tournament, including all 10 official licensed stadiums. Experience confetti cannons, streamers, giant banners, seat cards, flags and fireworks as if you were in South Africa.
· Battle of the Nations — Represent your country in the 2010 FIFA World Cup online tournament against your rivals to win global supremacy. Earn individual and team points and prove your nation is the best. Every performance is rated, recorded and uploaded and your ratings all count towards player and nation leaderboards.
· Home & Away Tactics— CPU mimics international football by creating strategic, defensive formations for weaker teams playing away from home. Plus, weaker teams raise their level of play on their home pitch.
· Altitude Effects — Less air resistance at altitude means the ball travels faster and further. Plus, player will noticeably fatigue faster and their stamina challenged while playing in cities at higher elevations versus sea level.
· Authentic Stadiums — Compete in all 10 official stadiums of 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™.
Street Date: April 27, 2010 (NA); April 30 (EU/Asia)
© The Official Emblem and Official Mascot of the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™ and the FIFA World Cup Trophy are copyrights and trademarks of FIFA. All rights reserved. Manufactured under license by Electronic Arts Inc
*INTERNET CONNECTION required for online play.