MCLAREN F1 GTR LEADS THE PACK AS
RACE DRIVER: GRIDTM "8 BALL" DOWNLOAD CONTENT LAUNCHES
8 incredible new race cars available to drive away today from Xbox LIVE® Marketplace and PLAYSTATION®Network
Thursday 4th December/... Driving over £3 million worth of top-spec racing cars down gamers’ download pipes, Codemasters® today announced the launch of the new downloadable “8 Ball” premium content pack forRace Driver: GRID™, the hit racing game of the summer, for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft® and the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system. The 8 Ball pack will be available today, Thursday 4th December, from Xbox LIVE® Marketplace (800 Microsoft Points) and from PLAYSTATION®Network (£6.29 / €7.99 / $9.99).
True to the original game’s quality ethos, the 8 Ball pack delivers eight superb high performance new cars to drive in the game’s ‘Race Day’ mode and online races. New featured cars include the McLaren F1 GTR, TVR Cerbera Speed 12, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X, Honda S2000, Nissan GT-R (S-G2008), VW Nardo, Pontiac Firebird Trans AM and the Volvo C30 (full details in Notes).
In addition to the cars, there are two new multiplayer events to compete in set on existing circuits from across Race Driver: GRID’s three continents and designed to test drivers to their very limit online. On Xbox 360, the pack will also feature four new Achievements worth 25 points each to earn from four new competitive challenges including Jack Of All Trades, Drift Master, Gas Guzzler and Clean Passing.
Each downloadable pack will require players to have a full copy of Race Driver: GRID on the appropriate format in order to experience the additional content. Details of downloadable content for the Games for Windows® edition of Race Driver: GRID will be announced shortly. For all the latest information and videos, be sure to visit www.racedrivergrid.com
THOSE “8 BALL” CARS IN FULL:
• McLaren F1 GTR – The McLaren F1 GTR wrote itself into the history books as the only GT car to ever win Le Mans outright in the modern era and is considered one of the finest examples of automotive engineering in history.
• TVR Cerbera Speed 12 – The TVR 12 smashes past 60 MPH in just under 3 seconds. Production models were planned, but they were considered too powerful to sell to the general public.
• Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X – For over a decade the Evo has been billed as a supercar slayer – now the Evo-X in GRID lets you unleash its sledgehammer aggression in the Pro-Tuned class.
• Honda S2000 – This roadster is heavily modified for drifting and has become a cult-favourite thanks to its award winning engine.
• Nissan GT-R (S-G2008) – One of the world’s hottest cars makes its debut in Race Driver: GRID in its fully tuned racing spec.
• VW Nardo – This powerful concept car made real from VW uses its 600BHP engine to rocket to 60MPH in 3.1 seconds.
• Pontiac Firebird Trans AM – The 1971 racing edition of this true American legend is a worthy addition to GRID’s exclusive group of muscle cars.
• Volvo C30 – Adding to Race Driver: GRID’s touring car roster comes the C30, Volvo’s agile, cutting edge hot-hatch straight from the STCC grid.
• Jack Of All Trades – Win an online race in each of the 8 Ball pack cars.
• Drift Master - Achieve a 99x combo in the Honda S2000.
• Gas Guzzler - Clock up over 250 miles in your favourite 8 Ball pack car.
• Clean Passing - Win a clean race in an 8 Ball Pack car from last position.
ABOUT RACE DRIVER: GRID™
Race Driver: GRID is all about the race. Every moment from the adrenalin rush at the start lights to the elation at the chequered flag – the tension, pressure, noise, and action. Featuring only the most powerful race cars – current and classic, circuit and drift – players will compete to conquer the most prestigious official race tracks and championships and then go beyond to compete in challenging city-based competitions, through to road events and urban street races.
In Europe, race prestige marques on the greatest official race circuits. Enter street competitions and race high-performance V8 muscle cars through iconic U.S. cities including San Francisco, Washington DC and Detroit. In the Far East, Japanese racing culture sets the tone where night races, including Drift racing, take drivers through neon illuminated cities and to outlying mountain roads. As the antithesis of the box-ticking, race game, Race Driver: GRID delivers races crammed with action and incident to create the most intense, the most aggressive and the most engrossing racing game for years. Whereas other titles may have lost sight that racing is the main event, in Race Driver: GRID everything builds up to creating an unparalleled race experience.