12:29 PM - April 10, 2017 by Steve_OS
Coming off a win by MLB The Show 16 of the Press Row Podcast Sports Game of the Year Award, MLB The Show 17 reaches the marketplace with naturally high expectations.
The series went big with Ken Griffey Jr. on the cover and found within various modes of play in the game, story-like elements for Road to the Show, new simulation features for Franchise Mode, and more content in Diamond Dynasty which looks to remain the consumer-favorite team-building mode. Server issues however have plagued the game since release marring what otherwise would have been widely-favorable impressions.
This super-sized episode of the Press Row Podcast features a full panel of the best evaluators of sports video games in the business examining all major aspects of MLB The Show 17.
Joining us this week:
- Bryan Wiedey, Pastapadre/Hit The Pass/Sporting News (@pastapadre)
- Rich Grisham, Hit The Pass/OOTP Developments (@richgrisham)
- T.J. Lauerman, ThatSportsGamer (@ThatSportsGamer)
- Chris/MillenniumOS, Operation Sports (@MillenniumOS)
- Kat Bailey, USgamer(@the_katbot)
- Owen Good, Polygon (@owengood)