03:18 PM - February 13, 2017 by smiley3
Game Informer has just posted their interview with MLB The Show 17 game designer, Ramone Russell, giving us 48 more details about the game, including Diamond Dynasty, smarter A.I. (as well as more less-than-perfect-but-realistic), new ball physics, the importance of animations, and much more.
They have also included a couple of screenshots showing off the faces of Max Scherzer and Anthony Rizzo from MLB The Show 16 vs. MLB The Show 17.
We have listed some of the details below. Make sure to read the full article here and post your thoughts.
- The game has over 1,000 new gameplay animations, including non-perfect/mistake animations, which the game didn't have in the past.
- Russell estimates that there are somewhere between 25-50 new home run swings.
- Uniform detail has also improved, including a slider for sleeve length.
- Russell says the team is doing something for PS4 Pro, but can't talk about it yet.
- The old 17 heads used through the years are gone and have been replaced by 49 heads based on different archetypes.
- There are 22 new facial hair sets, including some modeled after players such as Josh Donaldson and Dallas Keuchel.
- The team is doing different body modeling for the game to represent more body types. This includes a new husky body type and sliders for hips, glutes, shoulders, and spine length in the player creator.