12:54 PM - October 13, 2016 by Steve_OS
2K has just announced the debut of NHL SuperCard 2K17, a new collectible card-battling game featuring NHL players. With NHL All-Star Logan Couture gracing the cover, NHL SuperCard 2K17 is available now for free download from the App Store for iOS devices, including the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, as well as the Google Play Store and https://www.amazon.com/2K-Games-NHL-...=operasport-20 for Android devices.
Read the full press release below.
2K Announces NHL® SuperCard 2K17 Featuring NHL All-Star and San Jose Sharks Center Logan Couture
Cover athlete debuts new NHL collectible card-battling game, including more than 400 cards with current NHL players, season-based action, exhibition games and more
2K today announced the debut of NHL® SuperCard 2K17, a new collectible card-battling game featuring NHL players. With NHL All-Star Logan Couture gracing the cover, NHL® SuperCard 2K17 is now available for free download from the App Store for iOS devices, including the iPhone®, iPad® and iPod touch®, as well as the Google Play Store and Amazon Appstore for Android™ devices.
“From the huge number of current players to quick games to competitive season play, NHL® SuperCard 2K17 is an awesome way to stay virtually connected to all things NHL,” said Logan Couture. “Serving as the cover athlete for NHL® SuperCard 2K17 is a great honor, and I am excited to help further interest in NHL across sports and gaming fans as I kick off regular season action this week with the defending 2016 Western Conference Champions.”
NHL® SuperCard 2K17 invites players to build teams of NHL players, train their skill sets to full potential and hit the ice to compete in exhibition games, as well as test their capabilities in season-driven action. The game features more than 400 collectible cards in active play, with each card representing one of seven different rarity levels. Alongside cover athlete Couture, fans will find a variety of current NHL players, including Nicklas Backstrom, Drew Doughty, Claude Giroux, Ryan Kesler, Carey Price and Tyler Seguin. In addition, players may complement their gameplay experiences by purchasing individual card packs.
“We are committed to delivering unique and captivating mobile entertainment experiences for our fans, and NHL® SuperCard 2K17 represents the next chapter in our collectible card-battling game offerings,” said Harley Howe, Co-Studio Head at Cat Daddy Games. “Hockey, mainstream sports and collectible card game fans are in for an incredible adrenaline rush when they experience all the energy, excitement and action of the NHL, anytime and anywhere, on their mobile devices.”
NHL® SuperCard 2K17 includes the following features:
- EXTENSIVE ROSTER – Explore a lineup of more than 400 current NHL players, including cover athlete Logan Couture alongside Nicklas Backstrom, Drew Doughty, Claude Giroux, Ryan Kesler, Carey Price and Tyler Seguin;
- QUICK GAME – Participate in quick battle games and add new NHL players to starting lineups;
- SEASON MODE – Compete against other players in week-long NHL season simulations and earn significant rewards;
- SEASON CHAT – Communicate with other players throughout current seasons;
- RIVALS CLASH EVENTS – Pick a side and join like-minded players to compete against rivals for rewards;
- ROAD TO THE CUP – Compete against opponents, gain points and unlock cards in the game’s additional event-based mode;
- PLAYER TRAINING – Train NHL player cards in playmaking, stick handling, focus and skating to perform at their maximum potential;
- CARD ENHANCEMENTS – Increase player ratings through acquisition of various enhancement-driven cards;
- DAILY LOGIN REWARDS – Log in to play a certain number of times per month and unlock new cards.
- NEW PACK OFFERS – Take advantage of individual pack purchases and special sales in the game’s Get Cards menu.