Home
NASCAR Heat Evolution News Post


Dusenberry Martin Racing and Monster Games have been working on a NASCAR Heat Evolution patch, with plans to release it in the coming weeks. While no official release date has been announced, check out some of the details below.

Quote:
You may notice a few fan suggestions are missing from the list. Don’t worry! We’re looking into them. Some updates require more development time than others and may have to wait until the next title release. Nonetheless, we’re here listening to your feedback.
Online
  • Address issue of players driving backwards
  • Set physics type option
  • Allow setups option
Features
  • Add additional drivers
  • Adjust screen size option on console
  • Miller Lite paint scheme integration
General
  • Update engine sounds
  • Improve caution flag sensitivity
  • Fix engine issue when using “Full Damage”
  • Polish fuel windows
  • Other improvements and fixes

Game: NASCAR Heat EvolutionReader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 1 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 Aggies7 @ 10/08/16 11:31 AM
I see the Miller Lite integration. Haven't played the game yet, is Kevin Harvick's Busch Light scheme in the game.
 
# 2 bravesfan1984 @ 10/08/16 01:21 PM
I haven't played for a while but is the patch out since you see the Miller Lite scheme?
 
# 3 Aggies7 @ 10/08/16 06:32 PM
I'm basing comment off of patch notes. I don't believe the patch is released yet
 
# 4 legacyme3 @ 10/09/16 02:55 AM
"Add additional drivers"

Any idea who?
 
# 5 TerryLabonte44 @ 10/10/16 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I see the Miller Lite integration. Haven't played the game yet, is Kevin Harvick's Busch Light scheme in the game.
It'll be in there too, Monster Energy as well for Kurt Busch and 5 Hour Energy for Clint Bowyer

the credits show those sponsors as well
 
# 6 spoofrice11 @ 10/10/16 02:52 PM
Does this game have any extra/retired drivers? Like in Football there are some Free agents that are no longer in the league.
- Guys like Jeff Burton or Jeff Gordon?
 
# 7 brandon27 @ 10/11/16 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoofrice11
Does this game have any extra/retired drivers? Like in Football there are some Free agents that are no longer in the league.
- Guys like Jeff Burton or Jeff Gordon?
No. There are some non-cup drivers that float around in the lineup to fill it out, but they're all current to my knowledge.


As for this patch, it's encouraging they're working on things... but based on what they've released as details, it's not good enough. The fact they haven't mentioned attempted improvements to the framerate, or more player customization options to driving model and difficulty options (traction control, stability, racing line, ABS etc) is disappointing.

I guess we have to wait and see what's included in "other fixes". I'm glad they're working on it post release though, because there is a long ways to go. Something is better than nothing though, so I'm thankful for that.
 
# 8 Murph @ 10/11/16 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
No. There are some non-cup drivers that float around in the lineup to fill it out, but they're all current to my knowledge.


As for this patch, it's encouraging they're working on things... but based on what they've released as details, it's not good enough. The fact they haven't mentioned attempted improvements to the framerate, or more player customization options to driving model and difficulty options (traction control, stability, racing line, ABS etc) is disappointing.
What'd I'd like is a flat out 'Easy' or 'Rookie' difficulty setting for the young ones in the house. 'Normal' doesn't cut it.
 
# 9 StoneCalf @ 10/11/16 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
As for this patch, it's encouraging they're working on things... but based on what they've released as details, it's not good enough. The fact they haven't mentioned attempted improvements to the framerate, or more player customization options to driving model and difficulty options (traction control, stability, racing line, ABS etc) is disappointing.

I guess we have to wait and see what's included in "other fixes". I'm glad they're working on it post release though, because there is a long ways to go. Something is better than nothing though, so I'm thankful for that.
I agree with all that.

I may be out of line here, but I'd like to see them improve and address some other issues (including some that you mentioned) before dishing out more DLC frills. I don't want to purchase more paint schemes and "challenges". I'd prefer to see that effort go toward better racing a.i. (less rubberbanding effect), more hud options, better post-race results, etc.

As it is, I feel like I paid full price for a bare bones game with significant issues, and I am almost repulsed at the idea of paying for DLC, especially until some of these core issues are addressed.
 
# 10 brandon27 @ 10/12/16 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCalf
I agree with all that.

I may be out of line here, but I'd like to see them improve and address some other issues (including some that you mentioned) before dishing out more DLC frills. I don't want to purchase more paint schemes and "challenges". I'd prefer to see that effort go toward better racing a.i. (less rubberbanding effect), more hud options, better post-race results, etc.

As it is, I feel like I paid full price for a bare bones game with significant issues, and I am almost repulsed at the idea of paying for DLC, especially until some of these core issues are addressed.

Exactly, that other thread outlining all their DLC for October really got me angry. It's a bit of a slap in the face. Granted, it's all pretty cheap stuff which is nice to see, but still... I don't think they should be playing around with DLC packages right now, although I'd think there's a decent chance these paint scheme packs were done long ago and just slowly being released. I'm sure it'll get bought though by some players though, and hopefully they can use that extra revenue to further develop the core game itself for more fixes down the road. Any progress is good progress for the game though.
 
# 11 Turbojugend @ 10/12/16 10:03 AM
Yeah, the thing to remember is those DLC pack schedules have likely been set for months now. And they'll probably keep coming.

I'm okay with paying extra for DLC these days, but with HE it's the content that bugs me. It's 2016, let's not pretend that new paint schemes are anything but re-skins. Perhaps there are additional licensing costs involved, but that's why you go the PES route and let us do our own skinning. Uploadable/sharable paint skins would add a lot of replayability to this game, we'd be able to race as who we want whenever we want.

My suggestion to DMi would be to look at what other sports games let us do with customization these days. Held in that light, $15 a month for new skins is a bit silly.
 
# 12 spoofrice11 @ 10/13/16 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
No. There are some non-cup drivers that float around in the lineup to fill it out, but they're all current to my knowledge.


As for this patch, it's encouraging they're working on things... but based on what they've released as details, it's not good enough. The fact they haven't mentioned attempted improvements to the framerate, or more player customization options to driving model and difficulty options (traction control, stability, racing line, ABS etc) is disappointing.

I guess we have to wait and see what's included in "other fixes". I'm glad they're working on it post release though, because there is a long ways to go. Something is better than nothing though, so I'm thankful for that.
Thanx for the response.

So if I wanted Jeff Burton in the game since he was always my favorite driver, can I create him? What about adding people to the Sprint Series? (Like replacing a team in NBA 2K?)
How is the customization and creativity on this game? Are there many options?
 
# 13 polyduster @ 10/13/16 11:45 AM
Looks like the PC version got the patch yesterday on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582...34136879544107

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 
# 14 bravesfan1984 @ 10/13/16 02:06 PM
Appears the console patches are live now. Fingers crossed the fixes improve the game!
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.