Home
NBA 2K17 News Post


JFox Entertainment has posted his NBA 2K17 hands-on impressions, including Pro-Am and gameplay details. Check it out and post your thoughts.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 10/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 1 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 ataman5 @ 08/31/16 05:40 AM
It'll be a looong day.. Hate work!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
# 2 MarkWilliam @ 08/31/16 05:52 AM
I liked;

"NBA 2K17 is amazing"

and

"It looked like they got new stuff and all that stuff"

 
# 3 Leasim96 @ 08/31/16 05:55 AM
Dammit - just when i was going to sleep - i'll just leave it for later so i can be hype or som.
 
# 4 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/31/16 05:57 AM
The pro am news sounds good . I'm going to give the shot stick shooting a try this year .
 
# 5 Perdrix @ 08/31/16 06:00 AM
I still don't understand what kind of boost you get for using the analog stick to shoot. It seems an unnecessary complication to be honest.
 
# 6 Smirkin Dirk @ 08/31/16 06:27 AM
Interesting that he said defenders were falling over too often.
 
# 7 DC @ 08/31/16 06:32 AM
Of course he probably signed a NDA, but I enjoyed hearing him speak on the level of skill it is going to take to use the shot stick. Interested in being able to see how the layups work now that they have release points, something LONG overdue IMO.

Also he mentioned that shooting jumpers with the stick gives you a boost.

Will be spending a lot of time in practice mode again

Negatives: Didn't like hearing him say people were falling after getting crossed so much, but I am sure that is something they will alter
 
# 8 Hustle Westbrook @ 08/31/16 06:40 AM
Apparently green releases are automatic makes again. Complete nonsense 2K. Get that arcade crap out of the game man.

That just damn near killed my hype for this game.
 
# 9 stillfeelme @ 08/31/16 06:46 AM
I hope Beluba left in absolute controls for the shot stick. If you have to aim on certain angles that will make it way harder to shoot
 
# 10 eaterofworlds888 @ 08/31/16 07:03 AM
I don't like the sound of ANY of that analog shooting crap. Just sounds complicated.
 
# 11 Goffs @ 08/31/16 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
I hope Beluba left in absolute controls for the shot stick. If you have to aim on certain angles that will make it way harder to shoot
I'm sure it's in but aiming on broadcast will be a challenge....
 
# 12 MarkWilliam @ 08/31/16 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
I'm sure it's in but aiming on broadcast will be a challenge....
Button play it is (for us broadcast guys)..... I'm sure Czar and a lot of the other sim guys ball with broadcast (or at least used to). I wonder their take on this new aiming mechanic.....
 
# 13 The 24th Letter @ 08/31/16 07:27 AM
So if I am on broadcast shooting an elbow jumper, I have to aim diagonally toward the basket? That would take some major getting used to...
 
# 14 stillfeelme @ 08/31/16 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
I'm sure it's in but aiming on broadcast will be a challenge....
I play on broadcast as well absolute controls. I think I am ok on timing. I think I just want one direction I have to aim instead of aiming in 180 degrees depending on where I am on the court.

I purposely have been playing 2K16 practicing on straight up and down shooting getting ready for 2K17 on absolute controls. I mean even broadcast has a slight angle to it. I don't want to be missing shots because I am off by 5 degrees on aiming.
 
# 15 Repituar @ 08/31/16 07:42 AM
Pick up your sticks, Billy....pick up your sticks

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/b9vgt4/chappelle-s-show-make-a-wish---uncensored
 
# 16 The 24th Letter @ 08/31/16 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
I play on broadcast as well absolute controls. I think I am ok on timing. I think I just want one direction I have to aim instead of aiming in 180 degrees depending on where I am on the court.

I purposely have been playing 2K16 practicing on straight up and down shooting getting ready for 2K17 on absolute controls. I mean even broadcast has a slight angle to it. I don't want to be missing shots because I am off by 5 degrees on aiming.
As long as the aiming window isnt overly small, I think I'm good with it too....
 
# 17 stillfeelme @ 08/31/16 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
So if I am on broadcast shooting an elbow jumper, I have to aim diagonally toward the basket? That would take some major getting used to...
Exactly what I am thinking hoping for absolute controls haha.
 
# 18 Hustle Westbrook @ 08/31/16 07:52 AM
The absolute control scheme is a damn life saver.
 
# 19 stillfeelme @ 08/31/16 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iam31yearsold
You don't get why only having to use ONE BUTTON for every single shot is really lame?

Like...in Madden, how many people think that all RB moves should just be mapped to one button?
Or FIFA, they have TONS of controls...buuut they just let you use one button.

This is 2k. They created one of the most intricate stick controls, 3 pages long with all these moves, and...oh...but you could also press ONE BUTTON.

Being 'good' at 2k means nothing...because...you only have to push one button. SUPER CASUAL. Competitive gaming is built on personal skill and mastering the controls and concepts of the game.
I agree I think the stick skills will show individual creativity with the elite dribblers more than any basketball game has ever gone before. If they don't have absolute controls I will learn to aim though because they are giving you a boost for shooting with stick. This sounds like a good challenge
 
# 20 ksuttonjr76 @ 08/31/16 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Apparently green releases are automatic makes again. Complete nonsense 2K. Get that arcade crap out of the game man.

That just damn near killed my hype for this game.
I wouldn't worry too much about that. Belbua can change the shooting percentages on the fly. I'm pretty sure he'll create a thread to get community feedback on the shooting late September or early October. I can tell you right now that the "sim" players are going to want a lower success rate while the MyPlayer/casual users are going to want it the same or higher.

The only mistake he made last year was that he made the changes too soon after release. IMHO, one month should be long enough for the community to get used to the shooting unless people are putting up ungodly FG%'s.
 

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.