Assetto Corsa News Post

Previously available for PC users, Assetto Corsa is available now for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 users. Check out the trailer here and post your impressions of the game after a few laps.

• Tailored to perfection - Over eighty cars are available to choose from, plus special editions, reproduced in collaboration with the most prestigious automotive manufacturers, each one authentic and unique in both characteristics and handling.
  • Legendary Circuits including Silverstone Circuit, Monza, and Nürburgring-Nordschleife, all recreated using Laser Scan technology so that each bump, curb and slope is a perfect match to the real counterpart.
  • Precision Physics bring a new dimension to the car and track, from tyre flat spots & heat cycles to the dynamic simulation of the tyre rubber deposited on track and recreated light conditions based on geographical coordinates.
  • Multiple Race Modes include Career mode, special and unique events and challenges. Fully customizable single player and multiplayer modes include quick races, race weekends including free practice sessions, qualifying session, drift challenges and more!
  • Tuning & Driver Assist profiles allow the overall racing experience to be further modified by adjusting everything from car attributes to collision damage to let players of any proficiency with a joypad or supported racing wheel.

Game: Assetto CorsaHype Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
Assetto Corsa Videos
Member Comments
# 1 trey2k198003 @ 08/30/16 12:37 PM
Is this a free game or something?
# 2 JMD @ 08/30/16 12:45 PM
Ok , I love racing games. I have more racing games then any other type in my collection. I haven't played a ton of Assetto yet but I'll tell you my thoughts so far. I have it on the PS4.

Graphics - Sub par , cars and tracks look decent but dated. I'm seeing some frame rate issues also, usually happens when turning a corner, the environment stutters a bit.

Controls - if you are going to use a controller try these settings. I've spent 2 hours running practice laps with the same car on the same track trying to get the ridiculous looking steering wheel movement under control. This is what I've got so far.

In options under advanced:
Vibration 0%
Speed sensitivity 5%
Steering speed 0%
Steering dead zone 50%
Steering filter 45%
Steering gamma 220%
These are a lot less herky jerky then the default settings.

The game as I said looks a bit dated. As I play it I keep getting reminded of the game Race Pro that was out for the Xbox 360. That was a solid racing game but didn't look as pretty as others, same here.

So far most of my time has been spent in practice mode testing. I did run two races, one on medium, and one on easy. The medium race the A.I. was gone in the first 100 feet, they blew me away. On easy it took them half a lap to completely lose me. Seriously I got my butt handed to me in both races.

I'm going to need more time for a final decision but at this point I don't see the need to buy this game. It's good , but not great. It has some nice tracks and cars but a game like Project Cars is better in every way. I wish I spent the money on F1 2016 instead. I'll be back after I get some serious hours in and see if my opinion changes.
# 3 JMD @ 08/30/16 03:09 PM
Well after spending a couple more hours with the game I can't recommend it. There are other racing games out there that are much better.
# 4 Pappy Knuckles @ 08/30/16 04:36 PM
I didn't think the game looked very good, so I'm not surprised by your impressions. Guess I'll stick to F1 being my next racer.
# 5 dave360 @ 09/05/16 08:07 AM
I was less than impressed with it on PC even with mods and tracks. I think it might be a good buy when its $20 or less.
# 6 BSDShoes @ 09/08/16 06:05 PM
I like AC on PC, however racing against AI is pretty bad and from what I'm hearing, it's bad on console versions too.

If you're into racing sims, wait for the game to go on sale or drop in price.