Home
WWE 2K17 News Post


IGN has posted their WWE 2K17 hands-on impressions and tell us about the 6 biggest changes to the game that they have noticed so far. Topics include a ladder match overhaul, new roll-out system, backstage brawls, fighting in the crowd, taunting, major reversals, chain wrestling, submission changes and more.

Quote:
Finally, at long last, you can fight backstage or in the crowd again. You can either play a separate Backstage Brawl match, where you win by KO, or you can transition from any No DQ style match right into a backstage scrap. There are three separate backstage areas, and a bevy of interactive props to get nasty with. There are even a handful of backstage-only OMG! Moments to really put the hurt on your opponent with.

Game: WWE 2K17Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 SmashMan @ 08/15/16 12:32 PM
Being able to set the ladder up in 5 designated spots seems needlessly restrictive. Locking it the to right spot in the center is a good idea, because it solves a problem. The others?

Most of the other stuff sounds good, nice to get confirmation that you can go backstage in any No DQ match environment, and it's not just set as a "Backstage Brawl" match type as in recent history.
 
# 2 CM Hooe @ 08/15/16 12:37 PM
The "roll-out" mechanic in 3+ wrestler matches is one of the better ideas this series has had in a while and I can see it making triple-threat and four-way matches more enjoyable, especially against the CPU.
 
# 3 DBMcGee3 @ 08/15/16 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
The "roll-out" mechanic in 3+ wrestler matches is one of the better ideas this series has had in a while and I can see it making triple-threat and four-way matches more enjoyable, especially against the CPU.
I agree, the rollout is the best thing they mentioned.

Am I understanding that you can no longer set up a ladder outside the ring? Wouldn't it have just made more sense to set up a larger "ladder zone" in the center of the ring, and auto-center it so that it's in the right spot every time?
 
# 4 nhthelegend @ 08/15/16 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
I agree, the rollout is the best thing they mentioned.

Am I understanding that you can no longer set up a ladder outside the ring? Wouldn't it have just made more sense to set up a larger "ladder zone" in the center of the ring, and auto-center it so that it's in the right spot every time?
I hope not, because that wouldn't make any sense. I also hope that we can still do diving moves of the ladders positioned near the aprons, and that we aren't just restricted to the leaned against the rope ladders.
 
# 5 threattonature @ 08/15/16 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Being able to set the ladder up in 5 designated spots seems needlessly restrictive. Locking it the to right spot in the center is a good idea, because it solves a problem. The others?

Most of the other stuff sounds good, nice to get confirmation that you can go backstage in any No DQ match environment, and it's not just set as a "Backstage Brawl" match type as in recent history.
To me it opens up the ability to add more animations and moves that involve the ladder. If there's only those five specific spots the ladders can be placed than they won't have to worry about the physics of different moves taking you into the ropes by making it more animation based.
 
# 6 AirJordanFan93 @ 08/15/16 09:10 PM
Good additions. The Ladder match fix has been needed for years. But the best has to be the rollout feature its such an important aspect of multi-man matches and the fact it has never been in a game until this point says a lot about how these games were handled by THQ.
 
# 7 voodoo_magic @ 08/16/16 01:25 AM
It's nice to see those improvements and options available to a few things.

Along with some previous announcements 2K17 is looking really good.
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.