Home
FIFA 17 News Post


EA Sports is now the official video game partner of Bayern Munich. FIFA 17 will feature Allianz Arena, recreated with the Frostbite engine. You can see an image of it below.


Many of the players, including Neuer, Lewandowski, Costa, Coman, and Müller will have new and updated head scans.

Last month, EA agreed to a 3 year exclusive partnership with Juventus, starting with FIFA 17.

FIFA 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view FIFA 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view FIFA 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view FIFA 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view FIFA 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view FIFA 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view FIFA 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view FIFA 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: FIFA 17Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 bigeastbumrush @ 08/01/16 06:08 PM
Sick and tired of these exclusive partnerships.
 
# 2 Sparkles @ 08/01/16 06:20 PM
Yea I'm pissed about all these exclusives. Just have all the teams represented with the same treatment and call it a day. Whoever implements the teams better impacts the customer's decision. Not the exclusivity of each team. God damn
 
# 3 Big Bankhead @ 08/01/16 07:07 PM
I'm tired of it as well. It makes me not want to support either game.
 
# 4 KTBFFH @ 08/01/16 07:59 PM
On the bright side, those star heads look incredible. Can't wait for release.
 
# 5 bxphenom7 @ 08/01/16 08:23 PM
*sigh* smh
 
# 6 KennyJ1976 @ 08/01/16 10:23 PM
This is getting absolutely ridiculous and I blame it solely on EA. As if you guys don't have enough exclusive licenses in your game. I know Konami just did an exclusive with FCB, but can you blame them. I have an idea EA, you guys just got a new game engine, a new story mode, and a new cover star. How about using those things to sell your game. Unfortunately, this exclusive license BS between the 2 companies is only going to get worse and the gamers are the ones who will suffer because of it.
 
# 7 BL8001 @ 08/01/16 11:05 PM
FCB deal but I am sure they won't unlock the practice mode they ship on the disc, nor have a proper team practice/training mode that is present on last gen versions of fifa.

Add on catalog unlocks not working and gifting of catalog items that are added not working not being fixed.

Also add on fut catalog items not increasing transfer list or watch list size.

Also would like to mention last years gui change removed being able to play weekly highlights and your teams home page game not being able to play.

The game is riddled with bugs and legacy things not working. Yet they trot off and suckle up to Bayern as an FU to konami.

Meanwhile we suffer their neglect of fixing this mess they make.
 
# 8 KennyJ1976 @ 08/02/16 04:27 AM
I've been looking around and I can't find anything saying Bayern Munich or Juventus are exclusive to FIFA. Maybe these deals just gives EA more access to these clubs. I hope this is the case because PES can't afford to lose anymore teams or stadiums.
 
# 9 stocksy @ 08/02/16 05:03 AM
To be honest I think the wording of both this and the Barca announcement are intentionally confusing.

A few years back Manchester United was official partners with a non EA game and get Old Trafford and Manchester United was fully licensed and featured in the game.

FIFA has always has stacks and stacks of licensed teams and stadiums and PES has not. That's just the way the different companies have always done it. EA throw bags of money at it and secure the casual fans and Konami didn't.

PES was the underdog and the cool kids liked that and the editing aspect. It actually helped it become a cult classic.

I don't think fully licensed it would have got the following it did.

I hope FIFA continue to get the licenses and have as many real life league structures and tournament as possible.

I like to play and invest time in a football game with a realistic Vitual world I can manage and play in.

FIFA have always given me that, PES have never tried... I don't like the master league... It's not realistic.

I still buy PES most years and enjoy the odd game/cup in it but my main football fix comes from the manager mode in FIFA which is getting better all the time.

Complete premier league stadiums was a joy last year.

I'd like Alan smith off the commentary and more classic kits/teams but other than that FIFA is always a solid choice for me
 
# 10 TripleJay_X @ 08/02/16 09:49 AM
since i'm Bayern Munich fan i'm kinda excited for full 3d-scan, but the faces still look ...... vivid....is that the right word? or maybe, plastic?!

F.e. Neuer looks bad, so does the image with Vidal (which seems to have pretty odd lightning)
Coman looks good

The overall lightning still doesn't convince me. Especially in replays it should have a Cinematic touch with lots of details.
 
# 11 KTBFFH @ 08/02/16 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksy
To be honest I think the wording of both this and the Barca announcement are intentionally confusing.

A few years back Manchester United was official partners with a non EA game and get Old Trafford and Manchester United was fully licensed and featured in the game.

FIFA has always has stacks and stacks of licensed teams and stadiums and PES has not. That's just the way the different companies have always done it. EA throw bags of money at it and secure the casual fans and Konami didn't.

PES was the underdog and the cool kids liked that and the editing aspect. It actually helped it become a cult classic.

I don't think fully licensed it would have got the following it did.

I hope FIFA continue to get the licenses and have as many real life league structures and tournament as possible.

I like to play and invest time in a football game with a realistic Vitual world I can manage and play in.

FIFA have always given me that, PES have never tried... I don't like the master league... It's not realistic.

I still buy PES most years and enjoy the odd game/cup in it but my main football fix comes from the manager mode in FIFA which is getting better all the time.

Complete premier league stadiums was a joy last year.

I'd like Alan smith off the commentary and more classic kits/teams but other than that FIFA is always a solid choice for me

Didn't this same thing happen last year with Real Madrid? I believe Real Madrid was in PES 2016 as well. It was just an "official partnership" as far as having better access to facilities and face scanning, etc.
 
# 12 dubcity @ 08/02/16 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleJay_X
since i'm Bayern Munich fan i'm kinda excited for full 3d-scan, but the faces still look ...... vivid....is that the right word? or maybe, plastic?!

F.e. Neuer looks bad, so does the image with Vidal (which seems to have pretty odd lightning)
Coman looks good

The overall lightning still doesn't convince me. Especially in replays it should have a Cinematic touch with lots of details.

FIFA faces have been weak for years and years. Their photo scan process is pretty weak. It's like they don't adapt the scans to the player models thoroughly enough. Whereas PES faces look like they are hand-sculpted and lifelike.
 
# 13 KG @ 08/03/16 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
FIFA faces have been weak for years and years. Their photo scan process is pretty weak. It's like they don't adapt the scans to the player models thoroughly enough. Whereas PES faces look like they are hand-sculpted and lifelike.
Yeah I always thought PES looked much more photo-realistic when it comes to graphics/lighting. EA has always had weird textures to me.




From what I can tell, these "official partnership" are just more/better access to the clubs. There's no chance in hell that EA would get outbid by PES for an "exclusive" partnership with Barca.
 
# 14 TripleJay_X @ 08/03/16 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Whereas PES faces look like they are hand-sculpted and lifelike.
probably, likely for ps4/xb1, but the PC version will use again the crappy graphics-engine the last-gens use (i've read it today somewhere)...which is, for me, a non-starter.

Still not sure if i'll skip FIFA this year (or buy it on a 15 bucks sale someday ). Up to now, seen nothing really amazing so far....and since EA Sports is asking for the full price every year, it must have some cool new stuff
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.