Home
NHL 17 News Post


EA Sports today announced the arrival of the NHL 17 Beta, available now to NHL Insiders. So basically if you get the NHL Newsletter and if you signed up for the beta by July 7th, you can get it today -- a full 24 hours earlier than expected.

The Beta will be available to everyone else starting tomorrow and will last through August 4 and features several modes for you to get a kickstart on your upcoming season:
  • Hockey Ultimate Team: Build. Collect. Compete. The most played mode in EA SPORTS NHL gets even better! Introducing HUT Synergy, an all-new “Team Building” system designed to challenge the way you build and play as your Ultimate Team. Pair player strengths together to create synergy in your roster and grant perks across your lineups. The all-new HUT Dynamic Sets mechanic takes collecting to a new level that replicates the biggest real-world hockey moments. Collect sets to unlock rewards, including new thematic sets, to constantly build and improve your team. With Dynamic HUT Sets, if it happens hockey, it happens in NHL 17.
  • EA Sports Hockey League: Take your EA SPORTS Hockey League team to the next level and build your brand by completing games, and leveling up your player and team to unlock customization items. Give your uniform a unique look or use the all-new Arena Creator to build the home ice you’ve always wanted.
  • Online Versus: Play NHL 17 online in a one vs. one environment. Own Every Zone with more end-to-end control with authentic goalies featuring positional awareness and Reactionary Save Intelligence, all-new Net Battles for offensive and defensive zone play, and dozens of thrilling new goal celebrations.
EA Sports is seeking feedback and opinions from the community about your playtime with the Beta. Be sure to leave impressions and thoughts on what you are playing in the comments below!

Game: NHL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NHL 17 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 drewst18 @ 07/27/16 05:15 PM
Played a couple games earlier today, was nice picking your position but ends up with a lot of 3v3 drop ins. Although I imagine that is in large part due to being day 1 of beta and not many players.

Game plays almost identical to 16 for me, a bit smoother but not very noticeable. New player types are a welcome addition, played as a puck moving Dman and passing was very crisp, then went back to my two way and it was a noticeable drop off
 
# 2 robrivera4412 @ 07/27/16 06:13 PM
Got an extra PS4 code?
I can wait till tomorrow for mine but hey if anyone's got an extra for PS4 I'd appreciate it and give my codes out tomorrow.
 
# 3 Moose Factory @ 07/27/16 06:13 PM
Already saw three huge deal breakers for me:

1. Can't adjust play time of offline HUT seasons, it's set to 5 minute periods. With delays, goals celebrations, replays, it's like 25 minutes all together. Who has that kind of time for one match? I'm married with kids.

2. Not many new face scans. How many years has Thomas Hertl been playing? Come on. Joel Ward? It's annoying to try to play a season with your favorite team when half of them have generic faces. How many more years before we can actually get a close to full league representation of these players?

3. No GameFace in create a pro, just 200+ generic faces that all look terrible. Come on! Even NBA Live had a face scan app! That worked!

But HEY those mascots look great, and I'm glad we can change the color of the seat cushions in the stadiums, thanks... NO BUY this year : (
 
# 4 Moose Factory @ 07/27/16 06:14 PM
Here are some Xbox One codes:

J2CJ3-G4FJ2-QFQ7K-DCXT4-QM3VZ

CWTX6-JDCQC-QGD6P-YR3CH-76XDZ
 
# 5 PVarck31 @ 07/27/16 06:14 PM
If anyone has an extra code PM me.

I just started playing 16 and I love it. I haven't played a hockey game in probably a decade. I think 17 is gonna be a day one buy now.
 
# 6 robrivera4412 @ 07/27/16 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Factory
Already saw three huge deal breakers for me:

1. Can't adjust play time of offline HUT seasons, it's set to 5 minute periods. With delays, goals celebrations, replays, it's like 25 minutes all together. Who has that kind of time for one match? I'm married with kids.

2. Not many new face scans. How many years has Thomas Hertl been playing? Come on. Joel Ward? It's annoying to try to play a season with your favorite team when half of them have generic faces. How many more years before we can actually get a close to full league representation of these players?

3. No GameFace in create a pro, just 200+ generic faces that all look terrible. Come on! Even NBA Live had a face scan app! That worked!

But HEY those mascots look great, and I'm glad we can change the color of the seat cushions in the stadiums, thanks... NO BUY this year : (
Damn, I haven't bought Chel since 15, was hoping this year would get back on track.
 
# 7 northwoods21 @ 07/27/16 06:20 PM
Hey guys! Love reading everyone's posts on here. I missed the NHL Beta registration and was wondering if anyone has an extra code that they would be willing to share with me? If you could PM me you would be my favorite thank you!!
 
# 8 Themayorofawsometown @ 07/27/16 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Factory
Here are some Xbox One codes:

J2CJ3-G4FJ2-QFQ7K-DCXT4-QM3VZ

CWTX6-JDCQC-QGD6P-YR3CH-76XDZ
Thanks man, I used the first code

Sent from my N9130 using Tapatalk
 
# 9 ericromain @ 07/27/16 06:37 PM
I signed up, PS4, but received no email
 
# 10 robrivera4412 @ 07/27/16 06:47 PM
Insiders gets 24 early access, all us regular folk get our beta codes tomorrow is what my understanding has been. I could be wrong, in that case I can has ps4 beta code pls? Lol.
 
# 11 seasprite @ 07/27/16 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrivera4412
Insiders gets 24 early access, all us regular folk get our beta codes tomorrow is what my understanding has been. I could be wrong, in that case I can has ps4 beta code pls? Lol.


To be an insider, all you had to do was click on a link.......


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
# 12 robrivera4412 @ 07/27/16 07:03 PM
I'm pretty sure I signed up the first day available but I'm not trippin, I can wait a day.
 
# 13 TheNinjaGuyDon @ 07/27/16 07:09 PM
 
# 14 ezio @ 07/27/16 07:13 PM
 
# 15 G_e_e_z_e_r @ 07/27/16 07:20 PM
no more codes sorry
 
# 16 bad_philanthropy @ 07/27/16 07:23 PM
One PS4 code. First one to shoot me a pm can have it.
 
# 17 stillmatic04 @ 07/27/16 07:26 PM
 
# 18 TheNinjaGuyDon @ 07/27/16 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
Sent you a PM and an email.
You rock, downloading now. See you all on the ice!
 
# 19 xandaman7 @ 07/27/16 07:31 PM
Can someone PM or email me a ps4 code please?

Email: [email protected]
 
# 20 ksthiara92 @ 07/27/16 07:37 PM
Does anyone have an extra XB1 beta code? I would really appreciate it if someone could hook me up. Thanks!
 

« Previous1234567891213Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.