Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post


EA Sports has continued revealing their Madden NFL 17 player ratings today, as they announce the top 5 tight ends in the game. More detailed ratings can be seen in the official blog.

Check them out and post your thoughts!
  • Rob Gronkowski (Overall 99)
  • Greg Olsen (Overall 93)
  • Delaine Walker (Overall 93)
  • Tyler Eifert (Overall 90)
  • Jimmy Graham (Overall 89)
Previously released Madden NFL 17 player ratings:

Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 Brooke2011 @ 07/26/16 12:04 PM
I see Gregg Olsen did not get a face scan .... Hopefully there is a generic face that is closer to his to change it too
 
# 2 Blazzen @ 07/26/16 12:14 PM
I gotta figure it's cause Greg won't do the face scan. I wonder why?

I heard pro football focus was really down on his run blocking and that's very apparent in his ratings.
 
# 3 Cowboy008 @ 07/26/16 12:18 PM
I know he's on the cover but I don't think anyone should be a 99.
 
# 4 Find_the_Door @ 07/26/16 12:25 PM
Witten should have the highest catch at the position. Recorded zero drops last year (not the first time). Guy still gets open despite lacking top end athleticism, his awareness should be the highest at the position, route running should be top 5, catch in traffic top 5, release shkuld be top 3.

The only thing holding him back should be the measureables (even at this stage of his career).
 
# 5 DeuceDouglas @ 07/26/16 12:26 PM
A little surprised that Kelce isn't in there. The 3-bar RB mask on Graham looks fantastic. Somewhat surprised they didn't scan the Gronk mask being that he was the cover athlete as well as the same style with eye-bars. Both seem to be fairly popular.
 
# 6 Hova57 @ 07/26/16 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I know he's on the cover but I don't think anyone should be a 99.
I bet u his injury is really low

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
 
# 7 extremeskins04 @ 07/26/16 12:32 PM
I know I'm a Pats fan but Gronk literally changes the game on the field with his play. And this is coming from a fan that believes Rodgers and Brady are pretty neck and neck as far as being the #1 QB.

Gronk is a 99. I also think Kelce is atleast a 95 and he got the shaft by not being on this list.
 
# 8 Hova57 @ 07/26/16 12:34 PM
Yea Kelce kinda got the shaft I think he's better than walker

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
 
# 9 Cowboy008 @ 07/26/16 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
A little surprised that Kelce isn't in there. The 3-bar RB mask on Graham looks fantastic. Somewhat surprised they didn't scan the Gronk mask being that he was the cover athlete as well as the same style with eye-bars. Both seem to be fairly popular.
According to Equipment Guru Kelce is ranked 8th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Witten should have the highest catch at the position. Recorded zero drops last year (not the first time). Guy still gets open despite lacking top end athleticism, his awareness should be the highest at the position, route running should be top 5, catch in traffic top 5, release shkuld be top 3.

The only thing holding him back should be the measureables (even at this stage of his career).
Witten is ranked 9th.
 
# 10 redsox4evur @ 07/26/16 12:42 PM
Yea no problem with Gronk as a 99. He is arguably one of the greatest TE's of all time alongside Tony Gonzalez. And it's hard for me to pick just one. He is a great pass catcher that can actually block (looking at you Jimmy Graham).


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
# 11 noplace @ 07/26/16 12:51 PM
Jordan Reed should be high on the list as well. Unstoppable last season..
 
# 12 baller768 @ 07/26/16 12:56 PM
I wonder who 6 and 7 are if Kelce is 8. Maybe Julius Thomas and Jordan Reed?
 
# 13 SolidSquid @ 07/26/16 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Jordan Reed should be high on the list as well. Unstoppable last season..
You're not kidding. Thinking about that Kirk Cousins comeback last season still makes me sick. No one on our team could cover Reed.
 
# 14 jfsolo @ 07/26/16 01:12 PM
Kane said that Reed was 6th.
 
# 15 J.Cole @ 07/26/16 01:27 PM
Lol IMO Graham at 5 is a joke so many more tight end so we're more deserving than him but Reed alone definitely should have been 5th.
Graham (12gms) 48 rec 605 yards 2 TDs
Reed (15gms) 87 rec 952 yards 11 tds
I understand that you don't want to Overrate or underrate someone after one season but you could have even put Travis Kelce or Witten in there and it would have been more understanding.
 
# 16 devinmr711 @ 07/26/16 01:42 PM
Jordan Reed is not a Top 5 tight end. LMFAO Who makes these ratings???
 
# 17 MoneyOvaHuds @ 07/26/16 01:50 PM
I wonder what Zach Miller is going to be
 
# 18 seasprite @ 07/26/16 01:51 PM
Seems many are really still ignoring individual ratings and only looking at the overall..................
 
# 19 cthurt @ 07/26/16 02:09 PM
Jordan Reed should be at 5 instead of Graham, wasn't like Graham was playing good before his injury, guy stood out like a sore thumb in that Seattle offense.


Jordan Reed on the other hand was Cousins safety blanket for the second part of the season and it led them to making the playoffs.
 
# 20 Datninja619 @ 07/26/16 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
Yea Kelce kinda got the shaft I think he's better than walker

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Totally agree. Kelce was my best Fantasy football player. He was a scary player with the ball in his hands. I think Kelce should be 93 OVR and Walker be #6

Looks like RBK has a HUGE impact on OVR rating though and his AWR is high I'm assuming.
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.