Home
NBA 2K17 News Post


When Paul George was announced as the NBA 2K17 cover athlete, many readers pointed out that he was wearing the Team USA jersey in the background, possibly hinting at the Olympics being involved in the game this year.

Fox Sports Australia has just confirmed the Australian National Team will be featured in the game (for the first time ever), so we will most likely hear about the other teams included and possibly what mode(s) they will be included in fairly soon.

As noted by Basketball Australia, here is the team roster.
  • David Andersen
  • Cameron Bairstow
  • Aron Baynes
  • Andrew Bogut
  • Ryan Broekhoff
  • Matthew Dellavedova
  • Dante Exum
  • Chris Goulding
  • Joe Ingles
  • Kevin Lisch
  • Damian Martin
  • Patrick Mills
  • Brock Motum
Post your thoughts!

Game: NBA 2K17Hype Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 36 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 MackZillaTV @ 07/21/16 11:02 PM
Great find, would be interesting to see how they implement the teams. Would be a shame if it's just available in PlayNOW, MyCareer would be interesting if the "Basketball World Cup" was included. Don't force people to be on Team USA.
 
# 2 stevencad123 @ 07/22/16 12:29 AM
Finally information is starting to come out. Yeah I do wonder if it will be connected into mycareer
 
# 3 Smirkin Dirk @ 07/22/16 01:34 AM
Yep Xbox Australia just confirmed it.
 
# 4 ps3veron @ 07/22/16 08:07 AM
Excellent stuff! This game's going global. Now lets go put that shrimp on the barbie... err sorry!
 
# 5 Dalsanto0026 @ 07/22/16 08:23 AM
This is pretty cool news. Looking forward to the announcement of more teams.
 
# 6 vuje85 @ 07/22/16 08:35 AM
with multi nation athlete cover, maybe other national teams
 
# 7 cthurt @ 07/22/16 08:51 AM
Nice find, but I will save my excitement till after we see how its implemented, I still have the bad taste in my mouth of 2k13's Dream Team addition only being in play now mode smh.
 
# 8 HakeemOlajuwon @ 07/22/16 09:14 AM
oh god , tournament Fiba/Olympic never been so close

i just find this
Apparantly,the 2 new bonus are : Dream Team 92 playable in quick match and PG USAB jersey
http://nba2k4life.com/2016/07/21/nba...national-team/
 
# 9 Mintsa @ 07/22/16 09:20 AM
Nice.....GREAT NEWS !!!

I love that the 92 dream team is back in.

Hopefully they got Chuck back again.
 
# 10 daveberg @ 07/22/16 09:24 AM
Nice, but not really my kind of thing. Even being from the UK i'd rather them leave out a possible British team in favour of an actual NBA team - which is what I buy the game for, to play with NBA teams both past and present, not teams from other leagues across the globe.

2k could make major coin and have a whole new game dedicated to that, just a thought.

Still, nice news for some, not really for me.

Hope we get some more classic teams in this year.
 
# 11 DBMcGee3 @ 07/22/16 09:26 AM
This is always cool, hopefully they get enough national teams for some sort of tournament mode. You've got a teabag coming your way very soon, Mr. Bairstow.
 
# 12 Mauer4MVP @ 07/22/16 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
Nice, but not really my kind of thing. Even being from the UK i'd rather them leave out a possible British team in favour of an actual NBA team - which is what I buy the game for, to play with NBA teams both past and present, not teams from other leagues across the globe.

2k could make major coin and have a whole new game dedicated to that, just a thought.

Still, nice news for some, not really for me.

Hope we get some more classic teams in this year.
I think they added some classics for sure.

I will say that there is a ton of value in adding the Olympics. It's not my thing either, but to some people it's everything.
 
# 13 Gosens6 @ 07/22/16 09:33 AM
Please God, Let these teams be tied into MyLeague somehow.
 
# 14 Mauer4MVP @ 07/22/16 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Please God, Let these teams be tied into MyLeague somehow.
That'd be pretty freaking sweet. And if it impacted fatigue for the following year.
 
# 15 Gosens6 @ 07/22/16 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
That'd be pretty freaking sweet. And if it impacted fatigue for the following year.
Being able to play FIBA or Olympic style tournaments throughout the years would be phenomenal.

Tie in the D-League and Euro Teams as well and I may never turn this game off.
 
# 16 daveberg @ 07/22/16 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
I think they added some classics for sure.

I will say that there is a ton of value in adding the Olympics. It's not my thing either, but to some people it's everything.
Yeah, this is true, each to their own and all that jazz. Sure some folk will be hyped for this.

Sure they'll get some good use out of the addition - hell if indeed the 92 Dream team are in, even I'LL play against the global squads, if included!
 
# 17 Gosens6 @ 07/22/16 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
Yeah, this is true, each to their own and all that jazz. Sure some folk will be hyped for this.

Sure they'll get some good use out of the addition - hell if indeed the 92 Dream team are in, even I'LL play against the global squads, if included!
Sup, Dave. Always loved your commitment and dedication to the classic squads. There's no doubt in my mind that they've added more for this season. Can't wait to check out your edits for these teams. Always top notch.
 
# 18 schnakenpopanz @ 07/22/16 09:42 AM
I think 12 teams limit to Olympics is a short list. I am thinking of at least 24 team just to have a good tournament mode or Qualifying process for the Olympics etc.

4 Teams from Asia/Oceania:
China
Japan
New Zealand
Australia

2 Teams from Africa
Senegal
Nigeria

6 Teams from North and South America
Argentina
Brazil
USA
Kanada
Puerto Rico
Venezuela

12 Teams from Europe
Germany
France
Italy
Spain
Russia
Turkey
Greece
Serbia
Croatia
Lithuania
Israel
Slovenia
 
# 19 NolaTexan @ 07/22/16 10:09 AM
This would be amazing if it tied into MyPlayer.. sorta like FIFA does when joining your national team. Man I'm too excited this year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
# 20 SeaTownGamer @ 07/22/16 10:11 AM
I hope there is an Olympic style tournament mode.
 

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.