Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post


EA Sports has posted another Madden NFL 17 trailer. This one is a developer diary on the authenticity in the game. We've posted a small GIF above, but watch the full trailer here.

Check it out and post your thoughts.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 SolidSquid @ 07/10/16 04:38 PM
Confused by the first sentence,"from the moment you first picked up a pigskin everything was made to mimic the NFL if it didn't feel real it didn't matter", How does that lend itself to authenticity? animations look good but the test will be how often or not often they trigger. The JJ Watt catch was awesome but once again i don't wanna see it 100+ times in one season of CFM. Eric Berry wears two single arm sleeves not those lower half sleeves, but they can't give him 2 shooter sleeves bc it would just look like he was wearing long sleeve, it's a little thing but it's something equipment guys notice and detracts from authenticity.

All in all my expectations have been tempered since the hype train started but I'm still looking forward to playing this iteration.
 
# 2 TheBleedingRed21 @ 07/10/16 04:39 PM
Damn. I love the new jukes. Look so gooddddd. That was a good video. Dang I'm so pumped for some football!
 
# 3 PVarck31 @ 07/10/16 04:46 PM
Well that looked really damn good.
 
# 4 msdm27 @ 07/10/16 04:51 PM
The game looks beautiful! I hope there is enough animation variety to keep gameplay fresh.
PS: Funny how such a little detail like as a one-arm sleeve, even if not the one we need, adds so much realism to the players.
 
# 5 SageInfinite @ 07/10/16 04:56 PM
This is the least I've looked forward to a Madden since 11. Idk what it is, maybe if I play it I'll feel different, but the hype this year for me is nonexistent. The ball carrier jukes look great this year though.....
 
# 6 charter04 @ 07/10/16 05:15 PM
He said it was the most authentic football game ever. I hope M17 backs that up.

I'm looking forward to it.

Ps. I know later he says the most authentic Madden ever but, at first he says football game ever.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
# 7 oneamongthefence @ 07/10/16 05:23 PM
So JJ Watt caught a pass on that fg fake. Can we do this in game or is it a preset package?

Sent from my LG-AS991 using Tapatalk
 
# 8 TheBleedingRed21 @ 07/10/16 05:51 PM
Made a GIF of the jukes + Gurley truck, so beautiful.

via GIPHY

 
# 9 jpdavis82 @ 07/10/16 05:59 PM
Bucs new video boards

Some more screen caps



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
# 10 SolidSquid @ 07/10/16 06:10 PM
Is the pre game stuff cut scenes or real time?
 
# 11 extremeskins04 @ 07/10/16 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
This is the least I've looked forward to a Madden since 11. Idk what it is, maybe if I play it I'll feel different, but the hype this year for me is nonexistent. The ball carrier jukes look great this year though.....
So wait, for what we've gotten the past 8-10 years, and now that we have practice squads, full editing of players, full GM mode back, live ticker, and a new commentary team, you're LESS hyped??

Forgive me for being thoroughly confused.
 
# 12 SolidSquid @ 07/10/16 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
So wait, for what we've gotten the past 8-10 years, and now that we have practice squads, full editing of players, full GM mode back, live ticker, and a new commentary team, you're LESS hyped??

Forgive me for being thoroughly confused.
We are ten years older with a lot less time on our hands lol. These incremental improvements don't do as much for some as they do for others and that's ok
 
# 13 Jrocc23 @ 07/10/16 06:30 PM
Don't forget that snap count? Look like bobbled snaps are in that I didn't know about. Seems like it won't be completely random.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
# 14 J ROCK 05 @ 07/10/16 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
Don't forget that snap count? Look like bobbled snaps are in that I didn't know about. Seems like it won't be completely random.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I caught that too, does this mean bobbled snaps are in?


Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
 
# 15 SageInfinite @ 07/10/16 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
So wait, for what we've gotten the past 8-10 years, and now that we have practice squads, full editing of players, full GM mode back, live ticker, and a new commentary team, you're LESS hyped??

Forgive me for being thoroughly confused.
Besides the new commentary, none of the other stuff would get me hyped anyway. Not saying Madden 17 is gonna suck or no one should be happy or hyped, it's just for me personally, this game has given me no incentive to be hyped.....
 
# 16 PVarck31 @ 07/10/16 06:38 PM
Animations across the board look much better in this video. I hope that translates to the final product.
 
# 17 SageInfinite @ 07/10/16 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Animations across the board look much better in this video. I hope that translates to the final product.
Besides the new jukes I really didn't notice anything else....
 
# 18 PVarck31 @ 07/10/16 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Besides the new jukes I really didn't notice anything else....
Everything just looked smooth and nothing wonky stood out. Player movement looked good I thought. Just my observation.
 
# 19 SageInfinite @ 07/10/16 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Everything just looked smooth and nothing wonky stood out. Player movement looked good I thought. Just my observation.
I respect that. I just wish it was more footage we hadn't seen before as well. I feel like 80% of that was taken from videos released already. The JJ Watt catch was a nice animation though. Also love the juke stuff as I stated before. Just wish they overhauled the base running animation to go along with it. The transition from those smooth realistic animations to that other stuff just doesn't match up....
 
# 20 PVarck31 @ 07/10/16 06:59 PM
I agree sage. Still some transition work to be done for sure.

I'm really excited for the new jukes though. I couldn't juke anyone to save my life in 16.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.