Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post


A free trial for EA Sports UFC 2 is scheduled to arrive on Wednesday, July 6 through Monday, July 11. Xbox One and PlayStation 4 users can download the trial and play the full game at no charge, for 5 hours.

How to Play For Free

Xbox One
  • From Xbox Home (dashboard)
  • Tab over to Store page
  • Select “Search games store”
  • Search for “EA SPORTS UFC 2”
  • Select “EA SPORTS™ UFC® 2” from the results
  • Select the “Get it FREE” option
PlayStation 4
  • From PlayStation Dynamic menu (dashboard)
  • Select PlayStation Store
  • Search for “EA SPORTS UFC 2”
  • Select “EA SPORTS™ UFC® 2” from the results
  • Scroll down to the Demo category
  • Select the Trial
  • Select “Get Free Demo”

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 stephengreen @ 07/03/16 04:55 PM
Good idea for the week of UFC 200. Hopefully, this will extend the playerbase, and keep the game alive for a while longer.
 
# 2 Haz____ @ 07/03/16 04:58 PM
Neat idea.

Never seen any other games do this before?
 
# 3 Side Effect @ 07/03/16 10:10 PM
Does it have to be 5 straight hours?
 
# 4 stephengreen @ 07/03/16 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Side Effect
Does it have to be 5 straight hours?
The way the trial worked with EA Access was cumulative. I'm guessing it'll be the same here. Play 5 hours or until the period is up, whichever is sooner.
 
# 5 bxphenom7 @ 07/04/16 10:23 AM
This is dope
 
# 6 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 07/04/16 01:49 PM
Bout time. They should've done this a week before release.
 
# 7 Dave_S @ 07/04/16 08:32 PM
EA is really shooting themselves in the mouth here imo.

They really should have addressed high block and other issues before releasing demo, if they expect people that play demo to play online.

They also really should have included a halfway decent tutorial before releasing a demo.

I'm saying this because it's a decent amount into the current game life cycle.

Lot of dudes are probably going to be confused by what's going on in they play online, and no real offline tutorial to help.


This certainly won't boost ufc 2 sales, and could very likely hurt ufc 3 sales.

If you are releasing a demo so late, why not fix the game first. Another option would be give people more than 5 hours to figure stuff out. Chances are high of anybody trying demo goes online and runs into any of the high percentage of knuckleheads they will delete the game and never play again.

Especially because the in game instructions aren't presented very well, at all.
 
# 8 TheShizNo1 @ 07/04/16 09:14 PM
I think you're overestimating the fan that will probably try this out. the hardcore guys already have or have had this game.

I'd guess this is aimed at the more casual fan that'll be watching 200 because their hardcore MMA fan of a buddy is ordering it. The casual guy just wants to play rock em sock em and see knockouts.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
 
# 9 aholbert32 @ 07/04/16 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
EA is really shooting themselves in the mouth here imo.

They really should have addressed high block and other issues before releasing demo, if they expect people that play demo to play online.

They also really should have included a halfway decent tutorial before releasing a demo.

I'm saying this because it's a decent amount into the current game life cycle.

Lot of dudes are probably going to be confused by what's going on in they play online, and no real offline tutorial to help.


This certainly won't boost ufc 2 sales, and could very likely hurt ufc 3 sales.


If you are releasing a demo so late, why not fix the game first. Another option would be give people more than 5 hours to figure stuff out. Chances are high of anybody trying demo goes online and runs into any of the high percentage of knuckleheads they will delete the game and never play again.

Especially because the in game instructions aren't presented very well, at all.
I dont see how that would happen. Casual fans who dont give a **** about the high block or magic combos or the combo modifier will give the game a whirl and like or not.

If they dont like it...they wont buy it. If they do, they will find it on sale and likely buy it immediately. Even if they hate it, I find it hard to believe that would make them not buy a future game that wont likely be out for a year or so.
 
# 10 Dave_S @ 07/04/16 09:34 PM
I can see your point.

I just got message from friend list today asking about when the demo was available, and I couldn't help but think they better not go online in that 5 hours if they are potentially interested in game.
 
# 11 aholbert32 @ 07/04/16 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
I can see your point.

I just got message from friend list today asking about when the demo was available, and I couldn't help but think they better not go online in that 5 hours if they are potentially interested in game.
If they go online, they will just think "I suck and I need to get better at the game". Most people playing this game have no idea about the meta.
 
# 12 Dave_S @ 07/04/16 09:46 PM
I'm not talking about the meta. I'm talking about the high percentage of people that play on ps4 that play like knuckleheads that will detract people from playing.

I think the in game instruction is terrible, and should be fixed. I believe EA said themselves more patches will be released. So if they've waited this long why not wait for finished version of the game .

Always so disagreeable alholbert, always.
 
# 13 GameplayDevUFC @ 07/04/16 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
If they go online, they will just think "I suck and I need to get better at the game". Most people playing this game have no idea about the meta.
If they go online, they'll likely be playing a lot of other people who are going online for the first time.
 
# 14 GameplayDevUFC @ 07/04/16 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
So if they've waited this long why not wait for finished version of the game .
The game was finished a while ago, all that's being done now are some minor tweaks.

And why not wait until all the tweaks are done with?

Besides the fact that it will never be done, UFC 200 and IFW are pretty good reasons to do it now.
 
# 15 Dave_S @ 07/04/16 10:23 PM
Sometimes it feels like minor tweaks have resulted in pretty drastic changes in online gameplay. Wasn't UFC 1 finished at some point for quite a decent period of time before the 2nd game was released?

If EA suspected new users would ever be playing the game they would be doing them and a large portion of the community a good service by revamping tutorial.
 
# 16 aholbert32 @ 07/04/16 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
I'm not talking about the meta. I'm talking about the high percentage of people that play on ps4 that play like knuckleheads that will detract people from playing.

I think the in game instruction is terrible, and should be fixed. I believe EA said themselves more patches will be released. So if they've waited this long why not wait for finished version of the game .

Always so disagreeable alholbert, always.
Welcome to OS.

Here, if I (or any of the thousands of other registered users) disagree with you, we are going to say so. I dont have a problem if people disagree with me as long as you say why and your reason makes sense. Debate is encouraged here as long as it is constructive and not an attack.

For example, I disagree with a bunch of the stuff you say here. Just because the game is being patched doesnt mean that it isnt "finished". Just because there are some "knuckleheads" playing online doesnt mean that people will automatically get a bad impression of the game.

The fact is this is week is one of the biggest weeks in UFC history so it makes sense that EA would want to bring attention to the game and give people a chance to try it. Its not going to scare people away and its not gonna scare people from buying UFC 3 when or if it comes out.
 
# 17 Dave_S @ 07/04/16 10:30 PM
I wasn't talking about you disagreeing with me dude, that's completely understandable. In general you disagree with everyone, at least in mma section.

Big Cee and others may love the game in its current form, and that's fantastic.

I'm my and other people's reality this mythical forcefield high block needs tweaked, saying the game is finished with current system of forearms in front of face defense is nonsensical imo.

If the turtle block if the future of the franchise, well I can't imagine supporting that in the future, not that my $60 will be missed by EA or anything.
 
# 18 Dave_S @ 07/04/16 10:36 PM
There is no weak block in the game Big Cee.

.
 
# 19 Dave_S @ 07/04/16 10:42 PM
My original statement of game not being finished was based on EA saying more patches are coming out. Wether or not it's minor tweaks in my vocabulary that's not a finished a game.

Me saying the game isn't finished because of the blocking is completely opinion based.

Me saying the game isn't finished because gameplay patches are still coming is a factual statement, the way my mind works.
 
# 20 aholbert32 @ 07/04/16 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
I wasn't talking about you disagreeing with me dude, that's completely understandable. In general you disagree with everyone, at least in mma section.

Big Cee and others may love the game in its current form, and that's fantastic.

I'm my and other people's reality this mythical forcefield high block needs tweaked, saying the game is finished with current system of forearms in front of face defense is nonsensical imo.

If the turtle block if the future of the franchise, well I can't imagine supporting that in the future, not that my $60 will be missed by EA or anything.
Nah thats not true at all. Look at me being disagreeable again.
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.