Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

PostGamePodcast has posted a couple of Madden NFL 17 videos. The first one showing off the new commentary in the game.


The second Madden NFL 17 video gives us a gameplay overview.


Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 Dazraz @ 06/20/16 05:01 PM
The highlight using the Broadcast Cam looked almost photo realistic. Lighting is really impressive. A pity that the Passing Game is unworkable with this angle. Loving the commentary, at last we have personality in the game. This is the most hyped I've been for a Madden game in a long long time.
 
# 2 BayRaider510 @ 06/20/16 05:04 PM
Way better than Nantz and Simms. Plus I like how they talk to each other and crack jokes.
 
# 3 SolidSquid @ 06/20/16 05:11 PM
The very first play in the 2nd video has me excited. You see #25 carry the vert but break on aikens corner route WHEN THE QB BEGINS TO THROW. In the replay shot you see that as Aiken is making the catch #25 is already on a path down hill to make a play. Now he doesn't make the tackle but he still affects the play. In previous years #25 wouldn't have broke on the route until Aiken caught it leaving a 10 yard cushion of easy yardage.
 
# 4 PVarck31 @ 06/20/16 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
The very first play in the 2nd video has me excited. You see #25 carry the vert but break on aikens corner route WHEN THE QB BEGINS TO THROW. In the replay shot you see that as Aiken is making the catch #25 is already on a path down hill to make a play. Now he doesn't make the tackle but he still affects the play. In previous years #25 wouldn't have broke on the route until Aiken caught it leaving a 10 yard cushion of easy yardage.
That was impressive. It's so refreshing to see this game moving closer and closer to real football mechanics.
 
# 5 Big Bankhead @ 06/20/16 05:33 PM
Watching the gameplay has me excited for trying the new game. When flacco threw the INT and he didn't warp tackle the corner on the sideline, that was great to see. Too many times in Madden 16 defenders would warp from 5 yards out to make a tack and from what I've seen from the game, they really did a good job at removing the tethering.
 
# 6 ShaiLeGran @ 06/20/16 05:35 PM
All really good and well, but they sure need to add players celebrating TOGETHER after touchdowns. There is not enough interaction between players during cutscenes like sacks, TD's, etc
 
# 7 BayRaider510 @ 06/20/16 05:44 PM
Hope the new swat feature will reduce interception numbers.
 
# 8 jpdavis82 @ 06/20/16 07:18 PM
This is a good look at commentary, nearly 4 minutes uninterrupted of Bucs Bills
https://youtu.be/NDzF_efTjVM


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
# 9 DickDalewood @ 06/20/16 07:30 PM
Man, the commentary sounds so much better. I think half of it is simply that Nantz and Simms couldn't act for ****. Lol.
 
# 10 jfsolo @ 06/20/16 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Man, the commentary sounds so much better. I think half of it is simply that Nantz and Simms couldn't act for ****. Lol.
They were just there to get a check.
 
# 11 Cowboy008 @ 06/20/16 07:56 PM
The commentary sounds a lot better than it used too.
 
# 12 brandon27 @ 06/20/16 08:34 PM
Looking good! AWesome to see the phins featured in a video quite a bit! Stadium improvements look great! Gameplay improvements looking really good too! Commentary sounds much more alive and exciting than Simms and Nantz... not that it's hard to out excite those guys though. lol

That second video, around the 3:30 mark, I have a bit of concern. Great to see the live ball and all that stuff, but how on earth does Joe Flacco catch Reshad Jones?
 
# 13 mrprice33 @ 06/20/16 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
Looking good! AWesome to see the phins featured in a video quite a bit! Stadium improvements look great! Gameplay improvements looking really good too! Commentary sounds much more alive and exciting than Simms and Nantz... not that it's hard to out excite those guys though. lol

That second video, around the 3:30 mark, I have a bit of concern. Great to see the live ball and all that stuff, but how on earth does Joe Flacco catch Reshad Jones?
Ratings were more or less randomized at EA Play. Not sure why they did it that way, maybe to keep ratings leaks from happening?
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.