05:04 PM - June 12, 2016 by MMChrisS
Madden NFL 17 will feature a new approach to the biggest decisions you'll make in Franchise Mode aptly titled, "Big Decisions". In a new blog post, EA details this new feature.
Below is a breakdown of the big decisions you'll face:
- Season Goal - The first big decision you’ll make as a coach or player in the regular season is to set your season goal. As a coach, you can decide whether you are going to make the playoffs or shoot low with a 7-win season.
- Injuries: Once doctors have medically cleared a player that was hurt earlier in the season, you can either play him with a lingering injury or sit him to heal to 100%.
- Acquisitions: Picking up free agents and players on the trade block is easier than ever with the new Acquisitions menu. You will be able to easily browse the available players by position and compare them to your current depth chart.
- Re-Signing Players: When your players are on the last year of their contract, you can now re-sign them using a more intuitive menu. All the information you need to decide if you want to retain the player is available.
- Spending XP: Your players progress through the season as they earn experience points (XP) from training and by completing weekly game goals, drive goals, fantasy goals, season goals, and career goals.
- Cutting Players: During the preseason, you will now be presented with a new menu layout where your coaches will recommend players to cut based on position depth and player skills. This allows you to make key decisions about player retention quickly so you can progress through the preseason.
- Free Agent Bidding: While bidding for players in the off-season, you will now be able to easily see your depth chart at the various positions so you know who to bid on.