Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post


EA Sports posted a new blog detailing Presentation improvements in Madden NFL 17.

Quote:
"Madden NFL 17 on Xbox One and PlayStation®4 brings even more authenticity to Broadcast Presentation this year. From the beginning sequence of heading into game you will notice the “rock concert” feel that you see so often on real NFL Broadcasts."

And with that, we begin to learn about some of the new improvements coming to the Presentation in Madden NFL 17.
  • Each stadium and jumbotron has been updated to improve authenticity at each venue around the NFL.
  • Pylon cams are now part of the game.
  • New camera angles on the field.
  • In-game stat overlays now will be shown over replays as well as live.
  • Multi-Cam is a new camera angle which can target multiple players in one cut after a play concludes.
  • Players and the UI exist with one another in a 3D environment.
  • The look and behavior of coaches has been improved on the sidelines so that they look and act more lifelike.

What do you think of Madden NFL 17's presentation improvements?

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 15 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 DeuceDouglas @ 06/08/16 11:41 AM
Pylon cam could be really cool to see in action. Don't like the "rock concert" player intros at all. Maybe if they were only for Primetime/Playoff games but I just don't like the look of them. Also didn't like this part:

Quote:
And where you'll really see this come to life is in Franchise mode playing as a coach. We've centered much of the post play camera presentation around your coach's reaction to big plays, big stops and all the other action on the field.
It already felt like there was way too many shots of coaches post play, there definitely didn't need to be more focus on that IMO.

I was honestly expecting a bit more out of presentation but they did add a bunch of new stuff last year so it makes sense that there wouldn't be as much this year.
 
# 2 mrprice33 @ 06/08/16 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Pylon cam could be really cool to see in action. Don't like the "rock concert" player intros at all. Maybe if they were only for Primetime/Playoff games but I just don't like the look of them. Also didn't like this part:



It already felt like there was way too many shots of coaches post play, there definitely didn't need to be more focus on that IMO.

I was honestly expecting a bit more out of presentation but they did add a bunch of new stuff last year so it makes sense that there wouldn't be as much this year.
Give it time.
 
# 3 dietdoubledew @ 06/08/16 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Pylon cam could be really cool to see in action. Don't like the "rock concert" player intros at all. Maybe if they were only for Primetime/Playoff games but I just don't like the look of them. Also didn't like this part:



It already felt like there was way too many shots of coaches post play, there definitely didn't need to be more focus on that IMO.

I was honestly expecting a bit more out of presentation but they did add a bunch of new stuff last year so it makes sense that there wouldn't be as much this year.
Outside of the tired old commentary I think the presentation was one of the strongest points of Madden 16. Small improvements are all they could really do and I'd prefer it that way if they're putting the time into more important things.

I do like the coach stuff though if the coach looks like an actual coach and not just a statue.
 
# 4 TheBleedingRed21 @ 06/08/16 11:45 AM
I'm curious when they said slow down the interception moments and stuff, is that slowed in game or replays?

I like the idea of focusing on your coach during franchise especially if they fixed the weird aninations and give you better creation options.
 
# 5 smiley3 @ 06/08/16 11:45 AM



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
# 6 mrprice33 @ 06/08/16 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
I'm curious when they said slow down the interception moments and stuff, is that slowed in game or replays?

I like the idea of focusing on your coach during franchise especially if they fixed the weird aninations and give you better creation options.
Replays. They slow it down and highlight the player. It looks really cool.
 
# 7 smiley3 @ 06/08/16 11:47 AM
So new improvements to halftime show? Post game show? Pre game? Oh well!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
# 8 Brooklynbks4 @ 06/08/16 11:47 AM
Really like what I'm hearing atmosphere has been a big part of why I enjoy the sport. Having that in Madden increase the gameplay on its own as well. Keep it coming EA!!
 
# 9 J ROCK 05 @ 06/08/16 11:49 AM
So no mention of an in game ticker of other games, no pre or post game, or expanded halftime with scores/highlights from around the league?

Or is that more on the CFM side of things?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
 
# 10 jeremym480 @ 06/08/16 11:49 AM
Does this mean no ticker?

Hopefully, the replays aren't zoomed in like they have been. I always liked the way NCAA did their replays and would like to see Madden adopt something like that. What I mean is I want to see how a play develops not just what the ball carrier does. Nothing about this blog really excites me that much, but may it will be better in action than what I have pictured in my head.
 
# 11 MajorSupreme @ 06/08/16 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J ROCK 05
So no mention of an in game ticker of other games, no pre or post game, or expanded halftime with scores/highlights from around the league?

Or is that more on the CFM side of things?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Definitely more of a CFM thing.
 
# 12 DeuceDouglas @ 06/08/16 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J ROCK 05
So no mention of an in game ticker of other games, no pre or post game, or expanded halftime with scores/highlights from around the league?

Or is that more on the CFM side of things?
Stuff like that would likely be a part of the CFM blog I'm guessing. Presentation overall is more important when it comes to CFM as well so there could be a few more things that we won't find out about until then.
 
# 13 smiley3 @ 06/08/16 11:51 AM
I think a game ticker if there is one will be in the CFM blog


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
# 14 mrprice33 @ 06/08/16 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Does this mean no ticker?

Hopefully, the replays aren't zoomed in like they have been. I always liked the way NCAA did their replays and would like to see Madden adopt something like that. What I mean is I want to see how a play develops not just what the ball carrier does. Nothing about this blog really excites me that much, but may it will be better in action than what I have pictured in my head.
There are a variety of replay types in the game. Some are close ups, some are wide angles, some are both.
 
# 15 mrprice33 @ 06/08/16 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Stuff like that would likely be a part of the CFM blog I'm guessing. Presentation overall is more important when it comes to CFM as well so there could be a few more things that we won't find out about until then.
All I will say is not every presentation element has been announced yet.
 
# 16 jeremym480 @ 06/08/16 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
There are a variety of replay types in the game. Some are close ups, some are wide angles, some are both.
That's good. I can't wait to see it in action.
 
# 17 J ROCK 05 @ 06/08/16 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
All I will say is not every presentation element has been announced yet.
So has your favorite thing been announced? Or more to come?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
 
# 18 mrprice33 @ 06/08/16 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J ROCK 05
So has your favorite thing been announced? Or more to come?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
It was the new announcers. They are FANTASTIC
 
# 19 smiley3 @ 06/08/16 11:59 AM
CFM presentation info?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
# 20 ginix @ 06/08/16 12:04 PM
Still not a fan of that whole 'rockstar' thing, don't see anything like that during NFL games. Would be all right if it was only for prime time games, but ultimately it's going to be something I skip after the first time.

Pylon cam has potential to be cool but my big worry is the sideline catches will still be jank (catches called incomplete when they're in by two yards and vice versa) cheapening the whole idea.

The coach thing looks great, anything that can add more authenticity is a good thing (love the addition of the surface tablet). Will be interested to see if they've improved how custom coaches look otherwise there might be a weird disconnect. Overall, really happy with that.

The rest of it I'm hesitant on purely because I'm not a fan of going 'beyond the usual broadcast' but I'm willing to give it a chance.

Yikes, my breakdown sounds negative but in reality I'm happy with what they're trying to do but as with most things I need to see it in action first.
 

« Previous1234567Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.