Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post


EA Sports has posted another quick Madden NFL 17 video, this one featuring designer blitz improvements. Check it out and post your thoughts.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 4thQtrStre5S @ 06/06/16 01:52 PM
Much better video, as far as more game play to view, at first glance; I liked the coverage. Will continue to analyse it, of course.
 
# 2 jpdavis82 @ 06/06/16 02:03 PM
In case anyone wanted to see Cam's cleats


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
# 3 jfsolo @ 06/06/16 02:04 PM
I wish that they would finish the video without switching the camera view. You get a better gameplay read by seeing what is still going on with all of the players away from the ball. Good vid though.
 
# 4 sebennayx @ 06/06/16 02:06 PM
Nice, two full plays to break down. Looked much better than previous clips.

Coverage initially looked good...needed a perfect throw from Cam to hit the TE corner.
Wasn't Clay's assignment the B gap to open up the C gap for the ILB? Was that user controlled?
Liked the disguise and look of the line play on the overload. Liked the line play on both actually.

Edit: Coverage looked great on both plays. Loved the backside DB play on the first, definitely not spot dropping anymore! Loved that the LT rode with the DE too. Defense looks good in both, real good.
 
# 5 roadman @ 06/06/16 02:07 PM
And a nice wrap up tackle at the end.
 
# 6 z.arthur23 @ 06/06/16 02:12 PM
Anybody else notice how receiver (B) on the first play didn't have an icon available until he was about 20 yards down the field? I wonder why that was as it didn't appear as if he was slipping or anything. Maybe there's something tied to QB awareness and having to make reads based on who's initially open, or maybe that's just how it is haha

Either way it looks great!
 
# 7 Cowboy008 @ 06/06/16 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by z.arthur23
Anybody else notice how receiver (B) on the first play didn't have an icon available until he was about 20 yards down the field? I wonder why that was as it didn't appear as if he was slipping or anything. Maybe there's something tied to QB awareness and having to make reads based on who's initially open, or maybe that's just how it is haha

Either way it looks great!
That was in last year.
 
# 8 DeuceDouglas @ 06/06/16 02:47 PM
One thing that's kind of an underestimated addition or improvement that you can kind of see in this video is how much tight coverage improves how the pass game plays out. In M16, Olsen breaks to the corner and gets a ton of separation on the safety and makes the catch in stride with plenty of room to run. Here, because of the tight coverage it triggers a WR/DB interaction and makes the play look WAY better. Jury is still out on if man will be this tight but this is promising.
 
# 9 Gilley @ 06/06/16 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
In case anyone wanted to see Cam's cleats


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The cleats look nice and most importantly that tackle animation looked really good.
 
# 10 Cowboy008 @ 06/06/16 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
And a nice wrap up tackle at the end.
Wasn't that tackle in 16?
 
# 11 cthurt @ 06/06/16 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Wasn't that tackle in 16?


Yea I don't see much difference in the tackle either.
 
# 12 Lexicon @ 06/06/16 03:07 PM
Play looked good. I'm glad that route won't be as open as it's been.

Dat clipping on the tackle tho. Arm went right through his leg.
 
# 13 mrprice33 @ 06/06/16 03:10 PM
Note that Ha-Ha Clinton Dix is a steam/flat zone and sticks with that corner route


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
# 14 Datninja619 @ 06/06/16 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
In case anyone wanted to see Cam's cleats


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Womp. Defenders arm is going through Cam's leg

Coverage looked tight in this clip. I Like how the slot corner on the 1st clip didn't just run to his zone. He actually took a step inside, because the WR did but maintainted his outside leverage. I look forward to seeing more defensive clips
 
# 15 justin23IU @ 06/06/16 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilley
The cleats look nice and most importantly that tackle animation looked really good.
Yes, and note how his hand actually disappears in to Cam's leg. Lifelike.
 
# 16 mrprice33 @ 06/06/16 03:23 PM
There's apparently never been clipping in a videogame before


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
# 17 Cowboy008 @ 06/06/16 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
Womp. Defenders arm is going through Cam's leg

Coverage looked tight in this clip. I Like how the slot corner on the 1st clip didn't just run to his zone. He actually took a step inside, because the WR did but maintainted his outside leverage. I look forward to seeing more defensive clips
No sports game will ever be able to get rid of clipping 100%.
 
# 18 Lexicon @ 06/06/16 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
There's apparently never been clipping in a videogame before


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That wasn't just a bit of clipping. His arm went through Cam's leg. Completely.
 
# 19 TheBleedingRed21 @ 06/06/16 03:33 PM
You know you have a good video when people resort to complaining about animation clipping.

It happens.
 
# 20 roadman @ 06/06/16 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
Yea I don't see much difference in the tackle either.
I wasn't saying there was, I know the last video, people were pointing a player should have done a wrap tackle.
 

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.