Home
PES 2017 News Post


Konami has just announced PES 2017 and revealed some of the new features and details about the game. Check it out and post your thoughts!

Real Touch

See how different players control the ball in unique and different ways based on where and how you control them, dictating the flow of the game based on how they react to the unpredictable movement of the ball.

Precise Pass

Combining Real Touch and real ball physics, passing is an art form in PES 2017. Many factors determine the speed and accuracy of the ball. The pass that is made on the best situation and timing will generate a perfect trajectory, creating a great satisfaction when a killer pass is made.

Goal Keeping

Keepers see a great jump in quality through added motions and animations, creating the most agile keepers in PES history. Attacking moments will be more dramatic than ever, bringing the best feeling of achievement when that goal is scored.

Total Team Control

Users can instantly change the attacking and defending mentality of the team, which can be tweaked and carefully controlled with simple controls, being able to immediately react to the unpredictability of the sport.

Advanced Instructions

Strategies that are quite individually defined such as Tiki-taka and Tight Marking which is strongly based on team ideology can be set in Advanced Instructions, which adds a huge variety in how you plan to win.

Corner Kick Strategies

Control the defensive strategies on a set piece, such as marking zonal or Man to Man. Offensive options also included such as specific player movement.

Adaptive AI

For the first time in a football game, the AI will learn how you play! Player and team behaviour has always been a staple of the PES series, and for PES 2017 Adaptive AI will change sports games forever.

Authentic Visuals

For PES 2017 the visuals have seen a major upgrade, offering Authentic Visuals thanks to the further incorporation of Fox Engine. Nothing has been left untouched, from player models, lighting, crowds, pitch and stadiums totally revamped. Never has a game looked so real.

Natural Player Movement

Hundreds of new animations have been added to bring the players and goalkeepers to life but it doesn't stop there. New features such as Real Touch and Precise Pass see huge benefit, giving a vast array of movements when trapping and passing the ball.

PES 2017 screenshot gallery - Click to view PES 2017 screenshot gallery - Click to view PES 2017 screenshot gallery - Click to view PES 2017 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: PES 2017Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 10 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 SilverChaosVII @ 05/25/16 10:02 AM
All we need is a file sharing feature so the kits/emblems/etc. don't have to be completed manually.

Give me that, and I really don't even care if there are any changes to the game modes. Gameplay improvement and the ability to easily get all the real teams in the game and I'm a happy camper.
 
# 2 SVCbearcat10 @ 05/25/16 10:41 AM
Can't agree more. I'm hoping that comes up at some point. Hopefully a few of these things work as advertised. This game as a much more organic feel than FIFA will ever have.
 
# 3 HenryClay1844 @ 05/25/16 10:58 AM
Not many real details here, just refining details. PES is a decent game but it is way behind FIFA in presentation, attention to detail, and roster updates. Master League needs to be improved and editing is too limited and too time-consuming. You need to be able to import more kits and share files online.
 
# 4 DBMcGee3 @ 05/25/16 11:01 AM
These are the loose ends they need to tidy up before I'll buy next year's game:

1) Goalkeepers- They are saying the right things about this, but I'll believe it when I see it, as they said the same thing last year and the keepers are still a joke.

2) Physicality/Fouls- Legacy issue here, HAS to be fixed. Not only do they miss too many fouls currently, but I've literally NEVER seen a red card in 8 months with the game.

3) CPU defensive AI- Far too much space currently, minimal build up play because the forwards are always off the races and the passing is too easy and accurate. Much it up a bit, I want to feel like I've accomplished something when I score, and I don't want to be forced into playing 10 minute games just to have realistic scores.

4) Better roster updates. This could be the most frustrating part for me, just because it reflects a lack of effort. I think they updated the rosters like 3 times all year. The transfers need to be updated within a few days, it only happens twice a year really, how hard can it be?

5) File sharing- Cmon!!!!!!

6) Sliders- No excuse to not have this.

7) Stadium creator- Had it in the past, WTF?

Honestly, the first 3 are the only absolute deal breakers for me. I just have zero fun playing the game right now because there are SOOOOOOO many goals, and most of them are so unworthy, just overpowered shooting and underpowered goalkeeping, with a dash of bad defending AI.

All that being said, much of what they're saying here sounds really good. Hopefully they are being truthful about it, I'm a bit skeptical given Konami's track record of post launch support.
 
# 5 talucchesi @ 05/25/16 12:09 PM
Ironically, I was just searching about PES 2017 to see when they might drop some info. I remember that they began revealing features around this time last year.

The biggest items for me:

"Advanced Instructions
and
Corner Kick Strategies"

Aka team individuality. Your move FIFA.

But it's just simply false advertising that PES will be the first game to implement Adaptive AI, FIFA has had this for year.

All if this sounds pretty great if implemented correctly. But I likely won't drop a single cent if refs are still broken
 
# 6 RoyceDa59 @ 05/25/16 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
These are the loose ends they need to tidy up before I'll buy next year's game:

1) Goalkeepers- They are saying the right things about this, but I'll believe it when I see it, as they said the same thing last year and the keepers are still a joke.

2) Physicality/Fouls- Legacy issue here, HAS to be fixed. Not only do they miss too many fouls currently, but I've literally NEVER seen a red card in 8 months with the game.

3) CPU defensive AI- Far too much space currently, minimal build up play because the forwards are always off the races and the passing is too easy and accurate. Much it up a bit, I want to feel like I've accomplished something when I score, and I don't want to be forced into playing 10 minute games just to have realistic scores.

4) Better roster updates. This could be the most frustrating part for me, just because it reflects a lack of effort. I think they updated the rosters like 3 times all year. The transfers need to be updated within a few days, it only happens twice a year really, how hard can it be?

5) File sharing- Cmon!!!!!!

6) Sliders- No excuse to not have this.

7) Stadium creator- Had it in the past, WTF?

Honestly, the first 3 are the only absolute deal breakers for me. I just have zero fun playing the game right now because there are SOOOOOOO many goals, and most of them are so unworthy, just overpowered shooting and underpowered goalkeeping, with a dash of bad defending AI.

All that being said, much of what they're saying here sounds really good. Hopefully they are being truthful about it, I'm a bit skeptical given Konami's track record of post launch support.
Could not agree more, 2 and 3 are huge for me. But if they have really have approved adaptive AI and team instructions I am all in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by talucchesi
But it's just simply false advertising that PES will be the first game to implement Adaptive AI, FIFA has had this for year.
Not really, I wouldn't call what FIFA has is adaptive AI. If you are constantly attacking down the wings teams won't do anything to stop you in FIFA or adapt to any of your strategies.
 
# 7 dubcity @ 05/25/16 02:49 PM
The improved graphics and animations sounds great, but I'm not optimistic about the "advanced instructions" actually working the way they claim. My guess it will only have a slight effect on the gameplay. Even that would be a huge improvement over PES 2016. Which (btw) was supposed to have a deep level of player instructions and tactics too, but people had to edit individual players to get them to actually do what we want. Probably will be similar this year.
 
# 8 Matt10 @ 05/25/16 04:27 PM
I always get scared when individual, fundamental, gameplay elements become features. FIFA has been doing it for years, and look how long it took (is taking?) them. Now PES....seems like back-tracking, or finding an identity of sorts.

I'll remain optimistic though, hoping they get it right.
 
# 9 asu666 @ 05/25/16 04:43 PM
Would like to see:
1. A file sharing system
2. A stadium creator
3. Better balancing of save slots (e.g., manager, emblem, etc.)
4. Custom camera
 
# 10 strawberryshortcake @ 05/25/16 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Spoiler
Precise Pass

Combining Real Touch and real ball physics, passing is an art form in PES 2017. Many factors determine the speed and accuracy of the ball. The pass that is made on the best situation and timing will generate a perfect trajectory, creating a great satisfaction when a killer pass is made.

Spoiler


I don't know how I feel about that. It could be a very good thing or could be a very bad thing. One could interpret that paragraph two different ways:

(1) A very good thing if it means that my wishes for more unforced errors and more inaccurate passes by both user and cpu; It could mean no more passing on "rails" so to speak.

(2) A very bad thing if passes are even more accurate and precise considering the passing game is already entirely too accurate as it stands now. One can essentially ping pong pass his way through the defense or protect the ball and run the clock out after scoring 1 goal and simply playing keep away the rest of the way all game long.

Don't know if i should be optimistic or skeptical.
 
# 11 jaa1980 @ 05/25/16 05:38 PM
file sharing
More customization
Goal keepers fixed
Fouls and cards
Sliders
In Depth Career Mode

I they fixed or added these, might get me to come back to PES, until then I am having fun with FIFA still.
 
# 12 Ermolli @ 05/25/16 06:44 PM
I don't know but I feel like I keep seeing the same features almost every single year; better passing, animations, graphics, control and goalkeepers. I mean, they keep saying the goalkeeping will be improved since PES 2014 and it's still bad. These could've improved over the years but still these had minimal improvements so they announcing these features does nothing to me.

I really disliked PES 2016 for several reasons, bad keepers, inconsistent animations, lack of fouls/issues with physicality, fast gameplay, too much space, not good defending AI, perfect shooting and passing, minimal improvements on Master League, a stale become a legend, lack of sliders and roster sharing, etc. They've so much work to do and I don't think they'll nail what they want to achieve, it felt to me that the game is getting more arcade which really annoys me.

Still I'll read any news about the game and will play the demo before making a decision.
 
# 13 maltliquor23 @ 05/25/16 08:08 PM
Same box notes different year. One day, we may get fouls back.
 
# 14 bxphenom7 @ 05/25/16 09:05 PM
Is the BPL license exclusive to EA or is Konami just not willing to pay for it? Same question for Bundesliga?
 
# 15 jrose57 @ 05/25/16 11:20 PM
Do we have J-LEAGUE finally? Both divisions are what I am asking for just like the past!!!
 
# 16 talucchesi @ 05/25/16 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59

Not really, I wouldn't call what FIFA has is adaptive AI. If you are constantly attacking down the wings teams won't do anything to stop you in FIFA or adapt to any of your strategies.
Saying it's never been in a soccer video game and correct inclusion are two different things. For example FIFA's AI will anticipate you cutting in the from the wings if done multiple times, the defenders to recognize the offensive moves of the User pretty well. But to your point yea, attacking down the wings is plentiful due to Fullbacks not staying wide defensively
 
# 17 Burge88 @ 05/26/16 08:38 AM
I really enjoyed last years game, it being my first time playing, but the only way I would consider buying it this year is if there is a way for people to share files so I don't have to import them myself! They add that, then I may end up buying this instead of FIFA.
 
# 18 KennyJ1976 @ 05/27/16 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxphenom7
Is the BPL license exclusive to EA or is Konami just not willing to pay for it? Same question for Bundesliga?
I believe both are exclusive to EA but at least PES has a generic BPL that can be edited so no big deal. As for the Bundesliga, l don't know what the deal is as to why there isn't even a generic league. It sucks having to create it myself the past couple of years.
 
# 19 Monsieur Aymeric @ 05/27/16 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyJ1976
I believe both are exclusive to EA but at least PES has a generic BPL that can be edited so no big deal. As for the Bundesliga, l don't know what the deal is as to why there isn't even a generic league. It sucks having to create it myself the past couple of years.
The Bundesliga is even more locked up by EA than the Premier League. Because you just need to upload the kits for the BPL. All the players already have their real names. With the Bundesliga you have to build it from scratch (except for three german teams in the Champions League) : team names, emblems, players names & specs etc. A daunting task.

As for the upgrades for PES2017, just give me a filesharing system la NBA2K and better refs and I'll buy it.

The thing with PES is that it's not about presentation or whether Messi has the right boots in the game or not, it's about the gameplay. And as stated earlier on this thread, PES just feels so organic.
 
# 20 3mir @ 05/27/16 03:03 PM
Would like to see

PC next-gen version
 

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.