Home
NBA Live 16 News Post


NBA Live 16 has arrived in The Vault for EA Access members. For those of you that might still be unaware, EA Access is an Xbox One exclusive, allowing members to try upcoming EA games prior to release, offering 10% off all EA digital purchases and more. It also gives users access to The Vault, which houses a growing library of EA games subscribers can play as much as they want. Users can subscribe to EA Access for $4.99 per month, or $29.99 for a full year.

Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 CavsFanSteve @ 05/24/16 11:50 PM
I still wish they'd bring online team play back. I always preferred it on Live over 2K

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
 
# 2 kwebbvols4423 @ 05/25/16 08:37 AM
Nice, looking forward to trying it out.
 
# 3 DBMcGee3 @ 05/25/16 09:00 AM
Even for free, it's a ripoff.
 
# 4 Sheba2011 @ 05/25/16 09:30 AM
EA Access has more than paid for itself over the course of this past year. I wish more companies would do something like this.
 
# 5 scottyp180 @ 05/25/16 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
EA Access has more than paid for itself over the course of this past year. I wish more companies would do something like this.
It still amazes me that people hate on the access program, mostly a result of blind hate towards EA because EA is obviously the evil empire of the gaming world and can no good.

Paying for one year of Access and downloading even one 2016 sports title already makes the purchase worth it. Madden 16 is still selling for $30+ from most places. Between all the Vault games and the trial games Access has been well worth the price. I'm gladly renewing my subscription when it runs out.
 
# 6 Thoughtuhadme @ 05/25/16 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
It still amazes me that people hate on the access program, mostly a result of blind hate towards EA because EA is obviously the evil empire of the gaming world and can no good.

Paying for one year of Access and downloading even one 2016 sports title already makes the purchase worth it. Madden 16 is still selling for $30+ from most places. Between all the Vault games and the trial games Access has been well worth the price. I'm gladly renewing my subscription when it runs out.
Yeah what he said...
 
# 7 Inzombniac @ 05/25/16 08:20 PM
So I finally get the full game working after the struggles with the free trial of the game during March Madness. Start up a Rising Star mode, play through the majority of the game with all the upcoming draftees...around 1 min left in the 4th quarter the game freezes. Like is just stuck on a screen shot of an inbound and doesn't move from there. I'm cursed with this game series. Last year, I would play Rising Star and every other game it would freeze on a free throw making it so you would have to start the game and start it over. I wanted to give it a fair chance but when the first game you play of the game mode does this, it's hard to really have that much faith.
 
# 8 DBMcGee3 @ 05/26/16 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
It still amazes me that people hate on the access program, mostly a result of blind hate towards EA because EA is obviously the evil empire of the gaming world and can no good.

Paying for one year of Access and downloading even one 2016 sports title already makes the purchase worth it. Madden 16 is still selling for $30+ from most places. Between all the Vault games and the trial games Access has been well worth the price. I'm gladly renewing my subscription when it runs out.
I think it depends on the person. For me personally, EA just doesn't make many good games, FIFA being the only one I have remotely enjoyed in recent years. Also, I lose interest in a sports title pretty quickly after a season ends, which is typically about the time these games make it to the vault. FIFA is a great vault game this year because of the Euro Cup, but usually I'm ready for a break by May.

All that being said, anyone stoked for getting NBA Live is most likely in for a big disappointment. I had the biggest case of 2k fatigue, and still couldn't make it through 1 whole game of Live. It looks and plays like it was made 5 years ago. Whoever made that Pro Am trailer last summer deserves some serious credit for the polish they were able to put on this turd.
 
# 9 Bigman101 @ 05/26/16 07:24 PM
Is it just me but live looks better than 2k
 
# 10 Justonepost @ 05/27/16 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigman101
Is it just me but live looks better than 2k
It's not you. One look in the screenshot thread on these boards shows the best player models in any sports game ever.
 
# 11 DBMcGee3 @ 05/27/16 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigman101
Is it just me but live looks better than 2k
Screen shots and watching the game in motion are very different. The animations in Live are so incredibly bad, and there's really nothing in terms of signature animations.

I won't even drive the lane in Live because the contact animations make my eyes bleed.
 
# 12 Calvenn @ 05/27/16 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
Screen shots and watching the game in motion are very different. The animations in Live are so incredibly bad, and there's really nothing in terms of signature animations.

I won't even drive the lane in Live because the contact animations make my eyes bleed.
Try the sliders I posted earlier in the slider thread. You will see some good contact all over the floor! Also, though the animation quality can be improved, they look best in Action Cam and there are some fantastic animations in the game!
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.