03:36 PM - May 11, 2016 by Steve_OS
EA Sports has been unable to recover from the attempted reboot of NBA Live as NBA Elite while at the same time seeing their competition flourish to become a juggernaut. Itís been six years but the company has yet to produce a quality and compelling product since that fiasco and in the process consumers have lost all confidence in the Live brand. The series simply canít escape its past.
Knowing that a shake-up was necessary EA yesterday confirmed the first report of Live being pushed back to 2017. Despite that acknowledgement uncertainty will continue to surround the series as thereís no guarantee it will again see the light of day on consoles. If it makes it back as currently scheduled the form in which it does could be very different than what consumers have become accustomed to with traditional annualized sports games.
Joining us this week:
- Bryan Wiedey (@pastapadre) Pastapadre/Sporting News/Hit The Pass
- Rich Grisham (@richgrisham) Out of the Park Developments/Hit The Pass
- Owen Good (@owengood) Polygon
1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while youíre there
2) Email the show at PressRowPodcast@gmail.com
3) Respond to this post
Run Time: 46 Minutes
Donít forget about your chance to own Out of the Park Baseball 17 for 10% off! Just go to ootpdevelopments.com, click on the OOTP 17 banner, then enter the promotional code "PRESS17" at checkout to take another 10% off the price.