12:29 AM - March 29, 2016 by jyoung
R.B.I. Baseball 16 is available now for PC (on Steam $19.99) Xbox One ($19.99), Android ($4.99) and iOS ($4.99) and should be available later today for PlayStation 4 ($19.99) users. Play a few games and post your thoughts!
UPDATE: It is now available for PlayStation 4 users.
Make the play
- Make the play with your favorite Major League Baseball team and win the World Series!
- R.B.I. Baseball 16 features new fielding moves like dives, wall catches, pump-fakes and more!
- R.B.I. 16 features enhanced lighting and graphics, revamped defensive AI and improved batting system.
- Track your season stats by team, player and league leaders across multiple seasons. Sim through games in Season mode!
- Modify your lineup with complete MLB rosters or play classic R.B.I. Baseball 16-player rosters. Downloadable roster updates throughout the 2016 season.
- Take your skills to the next level and compete online (Console and PC versions only)
- Defense: A redeveloped defensive AI will introduce new fielding capabilities including dives, wall catches, fake throws and more. This system will give users more control than ever before in making defensive plays.
- Baserunning: Built in part from MLBAM's award-winning tracking technology, Statcast™, baserunners' abilities will be driven by on-field metrics from the 2015 MLB season.
- Batting: An improved batting engine will feature variable perfect timing. For the best outcome, swing earlier on inside pitches and later on outside pitches.
- Pitching: With a reworked pitching strategy AI, pitchers will play to their individual strengths. For example, a pitcher who features a wide range of velocity will mix speeds more often.
- Season SIM: During season mode play, sim a game or multiple games to quickly advance through the season and into the postseason -- should the team win its division or earn a Wild Card spot.
- Lineup: Modify a team's lineup pregame or in-game, including substitution strategies such as double switches. Lineups can be set from a franchise's 40-man roster or the game's classic 16-player rosters.
- Graphics: All 30 MLB ballparks will feature a new lighting system based on actual geographic locations, field views and additional hi-resolution realistic design elements.