02:41 PM - March 7, 2016 by Steve_OS
The NBA 2K series has long celebrated the history of the league and its players. Now, however, its development team is faced with an interesting, and unenviable task: how to replicate the skills of an active legend-in-the-making doing things that have never been seen before. Another series, Out of the Park Baseball, is back with its 17th edition that expands upon the historical teams that trace back all the way to 1919 with real historical minor leagues and a new Historical Exhibition Mode.
In this episode of the Press Row Podcast, NBA 2K developers Mike Wang and Scott O'Gallagher join the show to discuss why the current shooting system in place can't support what Stephen Curry has been doing and possible solutions to present him with new capabilities in 2K16 and going forward in the franchise. After that, Rich Grisham and T.J. Lauerman come on to discuss everything to do with Out of the Park Baseball 17 which is out later this month. The pre-order discount of $5 is available through March 8 and entering the promotional code "PRESS17" at checkout will take another 10% off the price.
Joining us this week:
- Bryan Wiedey (@pastapadre) PastaPadre/Hit The Pass
- Mike Wang (@beluba), NBA 2K gameplay director
- Scott O'Gallagher (@scottogallagher), NBA 2K gameplay producer
- Richard Grisham (@richgrisham) Out of the Park Developments
- T.J. Lauerman, ThatSportsGamer (@ThatSportsGamer) Hit The Pass/Out of the Park Developments
1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while youíre there
2) Email the show at PressRowPodcast@gmail.com
3) Respond to this post
Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090) and Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast), and the Windows Store, so subscribe to it and rate it too!
Run Time: 1 Hour, 13 Minutes
Lastly, check out our brand new compilation page on Audioboom, where all of our shows are easy to access from one page.