Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post


After revealing the entire EA Sports UFC 2 roster last week, EA has begun highlighting specific ratings this week. Today they reveal the ratings for the ground fighters in the game.

If you scroll through the fighters on the official website, you can see the ground fighter rating for every fighter in the game, except for Mike Tyson. Check them all out and let us know what you think.

Previously released ratings:EA Sports UFC 2 ships on March 15 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. EA Access subscribers can play the full game for 10 hours on March 10.

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Serengeti95 @ 03/02/16 05:09 PM
First one I click on is Werdum. He's the champion, yet EA still doesn't know his ground game is possibly the best in the sport and certainly not equal to his striking. I'd be more forgiving if he wasn't like the heavyweight champion of the world. Sorry, but come on.

Brian Ortega is only 85 on the ground. lol. He's not as well known so it's more understandable at least. I still wish they'd put more effort in and do their research or get knowledgeable people to help them out.
 
# 2 pdandy @ 03/02/16 05:20 PM
Fun to look at but more interested in the individual nested ratings rather than the overalls. How do move levels, perks, general ratings (health, strength, etc.), individual rating weights, etc. impact those overalls? Too many unknowns to make use of these overalls.
 
# 3 Serengeti95 @ 03/02/16 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdandy
Fun to look at but more interested in the individual nested ratings rather than the overalls. How do move levels, perks, general ratings (health, strength, etc.), individual rating weights, etc. impact those overalls? Too many unknowns to make use of these overalls.
I didn't play the first game because of the bad reviews. Are you saying these ratings don't matter too much then? How they play in game often contradicts the ratings somewhat?

Honestly tho, a lot of these are pretty off and I haven't even looked at that many.

Nick Diaz has an 87 ground game. Gunnar has an 86. These are the kinda guys you just shouldn't be getting wrong. I know it's just a game but the realism needs to at least be decent. I'm mad.

Also what's with some fighters ratings being so skewed when they're playable in different divisions. Aldo is better than Conor at lightweight. Where is the logic there?

Kinda reminds me of Reebok's incompetency when it comes to their knowledge of the sport. I mean it's not that bad but you get the point.
 
# 4 jeremym480 @ 03/02/16 05:52 PM
If I recall correctly, in the last game the attributes that made up Ground Rating was ground control, passing, takedowns and takedown defense. I assume it's the same for this game. If so, some fighters may get their rating knocked down some due to being weak in a particular area... For example, Nick Diaz may be lower than you expect because his takedown rating reduces his total overall ground rating.
 
# 5 fballturkey @ 03/02/16 05:54 PM
The problem with an overall ground rating is that it's taking into account ability to transition, ability to block transitions, submissions and ability to get out of submissions, and probably some of the physical attributes like stamina thrown in as well. So yeah, the OVR or the overall for ground/clinch/SU doesn't necessarily mean that much to how the fighter will actually do on the ground.

I agree that Werdum was robbed though.

Edit: I think I read that takedowns are under Clinch now but I could be wrong.
 
# 6 Serengeti95 @ 03/02/16 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
The problem with an overall ground rating is that it's taking into account ability to transition, ability to block transitions, submissions and ability to get out of submissions, and probably some of the physical attributes like stamina thrown in as well. So yeah, the OVR or the overall for ground/clinch/SU doesn't necessarily mean that much to how the fighter will actually do on the ground.

I agree that Werdum was robbed though.

Edit: I think I read that takedowns are under Clinch now but I could be wrong.
Nick and Gunnar are both great at all of those things tho (other than wrestling). I mean even with this taken into account... a lot of the ratings are still off. I don't mean to come off as whiny and negative but these things need to be said or there's no possibility of them changing.
 
# 7 fballturkey @ 03/02/16 06:09 PM
I think Gunnar took too much of a hit for the Maia fight. It's Maia, he does it to everyone.

Nick I honestly don't know enough about his ground game to say.
 
# 8 Serengeti95 @ 03/02/16 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
I think Gunnar took too much of a hit for the Maia fight. It's Maia, he does it to everyone.

Nick I honestly don't know enough about his ground game to say.
Yeah def could have been the Maia fight but as you said he does that to everyone. There's even a video of Frank Mir (former heavyweight champion known for great BJJ) talking about Maia raping him on the mat. Even uses that phrasing haha. At least Maia has a high rating.

As for Nick, he's a 3rd degree black belt under Cesar Gracie. Tells you all you need to know.
 
# 9 JoeMimic @ 03/02/16 06:34 PM
CM Punk and Woodley have the same ground rating c'mon now.
 
# 10 jeremym480 @ 03/02/16 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
The problem with an overall ground rating is that it's taking into account ability to transition, ability to block transitions, submissions and ability to get out of submissions, and probably some of the physical attributes like stamina thrown in as well. So yeah, the OVR or the overall for ground/clinch/SU doesn't necessarily mean that much to how the fighter will actually do on the ground.

I agree that Werdum was robbed though.

Edit: I think I read that takedowns are under Clinch now but I could be wrong.
Yeah, I just checked and attributes are way different/more in depth this year. Here's what Woodley' ground stats looked in UFC 1 vs UFC 2.

Attachment 117078

Attachment 117079

Here's CM attributes for comparison Attachment 117080
 
# 11 fballturkey @ 03/02/16 10:08 PM
I wouldn't call it way more in depth. They added GnP and top/bottom but the submission stuff was just moved over from the old 'submissions' bucket they got rid of when they added clinch. It's nice that fighters have separate top and bottom ratings though.
 
# 12 thegut @ 03/02/16 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Yeah, I just checked and attributes are way different/more in depth this year. Here's what Woodley' ground stats looked in UFC 1 vs UFC 2.

Attachment 117078

Attachment 117079

Here's CM attributes for comparison Attachment 117080
So EA feels that a 37 year old WWE star that has zero MMA fights under his belt would be better at submission defense then a 15-3 Woodley that has never been submitted? Also CM Punk is better off his back when Woodley has 6 submission victories to Punk's 0?
 
# 13 BDKiiing @ 03/03/16 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegut
So EA feels that a 37 year old WWE star that has zero MMA fights under his belt would be better at submission defense then a 15-3 Woodley that has never been submitted? Also CM Punk is better off his back when Woodley has 6 submission victories to Punk's 0?
Probably not. Probably just giving him half *** ratings because how much of a draw he is, and it'd be stupid to make him unusable.
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.