11:57 AM - January 27, 2016 by aholbert32
EA has just released their EA Sports UFC 2 Ultimate Team trailer, check it out here and post your thoughts!
Although mixed martial arts is a sport of individuals, in the UFC, the most successful fighters are often part of the strongest teams. If you believe fighters aren’t born but built – this is your chance to put together the most explosive team of champions MMA has ever seen.
This is UFC Ultimate Team.
- CREATE your team of up to five fighters using the deep customization options.
- COMPETE online or offline to climb your way up the ranks and leaderboard.
- COLLECT coins from fights and use them to open Fight Packs.
- CUSTOMIZE and personalize your fighters using items from Fight Packs.
1. Upgrade Items: These items permanently improve your fighter when either equipped or applied to your fighter.
- Attributes: Find items focused in specific disciplines that can increase or decrease your fighter’s base stats. For example, applying a Tae Kwon Do boost will increase your movement and kick speed but will decrease your ground and pound.
- Perks: Equip new passive abilities such as Lightning Speed, Marathoner or Dirty Boxer to enhance your fighter
- Moves: Equip new moves to your fighter such as Lead Overhand Hook or Superman Punch off the Cage.
- Special Edition Items: High-level move items that are signature moves inspired by real world UFC fighters like Conor McGregor’s Spinning Back Kick.
- Training Items: Training boosts improve your fighter’s attributes for the next fight only.
- Fitness Items: Recover your fighter’s fitness levels which affect stamina.
Every item has up to 5 Levels represented by stars on the top left side of each item. Items with a high-level rating are more valuable as they have a bigger impact on the created fighter when equipped, with 5 being the highest level and 1 being the lowest.
Apply these items to any of your created fighters regardless of what weight class they are in.
Weight Class Items
Some items have a weight class tied to them that determines which of your fighters can use them. A strategic player will build their UFC Ultimate Team fighters in a variety of weight classes to get the most out of their items.
Enter the Store from the UUT main menu. From here you can use Coins or UFC Points to open Fight Packs and get more items. There are different packs to choose from and each pack includes a set number of items, as well as the chance to unlock rare high-quality items.
Ways to Fight
Start in Division 1 and begin the climb from a prospect to contender and contender to champion. Then, defend the belt as long as you can to move up the leaderboard. Win fights to move up spots along the Title Chase path, lose fights and you move back a spot.
Move up three spots in Title Chase to become a Contender - as a Contender, you are now eligible for a Title Fight against another Contender or a Champion. Once Champion, defend your title in Title Fights for as long as possible to build up your longest title defense streak. Move up the Team Leaderboards by winning fights and titles across all your fighters in your team. Compare your score against other players and take your team to the top of the world standings.
When you enter UFC Ultimate Team, there will be five Daily Objectives to complete. Each objective varies in difficulty and will change every 24 hours. Tasks vary from simple ones like winning a fight at middleweight or more challenging ones like landing 100 strikes in a heavyweight bout.
Completing Daily Objectives earns you Coins that can then be used to open Fight Packs from the Store.
Single Player Championships
Experience everything Ultimate Championships has to offer without facing online competition. Improve your skills here before jumping into the Octagon against other player-controlled fighters. Coin rewards in Single Player Championships will be slightly lower than in Ultimate Championships, and will not give any progress towards Daily Objectives.
Source - EA Sports