Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post


A new Madden NFL 16 roster update has just arrived, just in time for the playoffs to start this weekend. Check out the blog here and the sortable spreadsheet of all changes here.

GOING UP
  • Tyrann Mathieu +3 (94)
  • Eric Berry +3 (93)
  • Kirk Cousins +4 (85)
  • Arik Armstead +5 (82)
  • Russell Wilson +1 (95)
  • Whitney Mercilus +4 (88)
  • Johnathan Joseph +3 (91)
  • Julio Jones +1 (98)
GOING DOWN
  • Andre Smith -6 (73)
  • Richard Sherman -3 (93)
  • Charles Clay (-3) (86)
  • Vontae Davis (-4) (89)
  • Anquan Boldin (-3) (86)
  • NaVorro Bowman (-3) (88)
  • Aqib Talib (-2) (89)
  • Desmond Trufant (-2) (89)
  • Marcell Dareus (-2) (91)
  • Patrick Peterson (-2) (93)

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 23 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Cavicchi @ 01/08/16 06:22 PM
The NFL tackle leader, Navarro Bowman, is going down to an 88, shocking!
 
# 2 iFnotWhyNoT @ 01/08/16 08:03 PM
I'll never understand how players can go up in ovr when they are injured. Mathieu hasn't played since week 15. Not hating, just confused.
 
# 3 ggsimmonds @ 01/08/16 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
The NFL tackle leader, Navarro Bowman, is going down to an 88, shocking!
Leading the league in tackles is pretty meaningless.

I'm actually pleased to see some big names show up on the going down list. In the past once a player has reached the 90+ group they tend to get embedded a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFnotWhyNoT
I'll never understand how players can go up in ovr when they are injured. Mathieu hasn't played since week 15. Not hating, just confused.
The current guy rating rosters relies more on PFF than ideal. He probably looked at the end of season final grades, saw Mathieu graded very highly, and decided he needed a ratings boost.
 
# 4 Cavicchi @ 01/09/16 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Leading the league in tackles is pretty meaningless.

I'm actually pleased to see some big names show up on the going down list. In the past once a player has reached the 90+ group they tend to get embedded a bit.


The current guy rating rosters relies more on PFF than ideal. He probably looked at the end of season final grades, saw Mathieu graded very highly, and decided he needed a ratings boost.
I don't think leading the NFL in tackles is meaningless.
 
# 5 scottyp180 @ 01/09/16 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
I don't think leading the NFL in tackles is meaningless.
Not meaningless but also not a good indicator of a defensive players overall talent. Sure he can tackle but how is he in pass coverage (man or zone)? How about physical attributes (speed, strength)? Pass rush? Defending the run? A lot more to defensive than just tackles.

And 88 is still a good rating. It's not like they are treating the guy like a bum
 
# 6 Cavicchi @ 01/09/16 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
Not meaningless but also not a good indicator of a defensive players overall talent. Sure he can tackle but how is he in pass coverage (man or zone)? How about physical attributes (speed, strength)? Pass rush? Defending the run? A lot more to defensive than just tackles.

And 88 is still a good rating. It's not like they are treating the guy like a bum
Speed? I don't know what you're getting at there--he is no slowpoke.

Pass Rush? What's wrong with him in that regard? I don't see any glaring weaknesses in his abilities. I do consider tackling very important for any MLB.

The problem with 49ers is not Bowman. He is having a great year and that was said by some NFL sports writer. However, one wouldn't think he's having a great year looking at his rating of 88--not in Madden where Superstars get ratings in the mid to high 90's.
 
# 7 ggsimmonds @ 01/09/16 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
I don't think leading the NFL in tackles is meaningless.
Meaningless was the wrong word. It is not meaningless, but it tells us little about the quality of a player. It is probably the least important stat for a linebacker. Your original post implied that Bowman should be higher than 88 by virtue of leading the NFL in tackles. That is wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
Speed? I don't know what you're getting at there--he is no slowpoke.

Pass Rush? What's wrong with him in that regard? I don't see any glaring weaknesses in his abilities. I do consider tackling very important for any MLB.

The problem with 49ers is not Bowman. He is having a great year and that was said by some NFL sports writer. However, one wouldn't think he's having a great year looking at his rating of 88--not in Madden where Superstars get ratings in the mid to high 90's.
An 88 is not a bad player. It does not imply that he has any flaws. Besides, scotty wasn't speaking on Bowman in particular I think, he was speaking in general on why the tackle stat is not that important.
 
# 8 Cavicchi @ 01/09/16 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Meaningless was the wrong word. It is not meaningless, but it tells us little about the quality of a player. It is probably the least important stat for a linebacker. Your original post implied that Bowman should be higher than 88 by virtue of leading the NFL in tackles. That is wrong.


An 88 is not a bad player. It does not imply that he has any flaws. Besides, scotty wasn't speaking on Bowman in particular I think, he was speaking in general on why the tackle stat is not that important.
He should be higher than 88. One of our local newspapers lists Bowman and Keuchly as MLB on first team defense--that's Keuchly and Bowman. They are both on Pro Bowl roster. Yes, I think tackles is most important--shows play recognition and ability to tackle.

Okay, tell me who are the better MLBs than Bowman and Keuchly? On second thought, I'd take what our sports writers say over what you say.
 
# 9 ggsimmonds @ 01/09/16 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
He should be higher than 88. One of our local newspapers lists Bowman and Keuchly as MLB on first team defense--that's Keuchly and Bowman. They are both on Pro Bowl roster. Yes, I think tackles is most important--shows play recognition and ability to tackle.

Okay, tell me who are the better MLBs than Bowman and Keuchly? On second thought, I'd take what our sports writers say over what you say.
So does being the second best MLB necessitate that Bowman be rated 90+?
If this pattern is the same for every position, do you know how many players would be rated higher than 90? Sorry but I disagree with that.

You think tackles are the most important stat for a linebacker?

Interceptions
Forced fumbles
Sacks
Fumble recoveries
Tackle for loss

In my opinion tackles are less important than each of those.
 
# 10 itzmotto @ 01/10/16 11:17 AM
all season the spread sheet bin mia.. learn to do it correctly next year smh
 
# 11 Cavicchi @ 01/10/16 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
So does being the second best MLB necessitate that Bowman be rated 90+?
If this pattern is the same for every position, do you know how many players would be rated higher than 90? Sorry but I disagree with that.

You think tackles are the most important stat for a linebacker?

Interceptions
Forced fumbles
Sacks
Fumble recoveries
Tackle for loss

In my opinion tackles are less important than each of those.
I'm surprised you would ask that question knowing there are many MLBs rated over 90.

The bottom line here on Bowman is he is considered by sports writers to be first team inside linebacker, aside from making pro bowl: Keuchly and Bowman. Sports writers know more about what constitutes best players at MLB than I do.
 
# 12 B_T_33 @ 01/10/16 03:39 PM
-7 tackling for Kwon alexander... he hasn't played the last 4 games of season.. wtf

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
 
# 13 Review @ 01/10/16 05:38 PM
25+ players end the season at 97 overall? Madness. I don't agree with everything Dan Berens says but I'll take his player rating system and ideas over the current one.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
# 14 ggsimmonds @ 01/10/16 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Review
25+ players end the season at 97 overall? Madness. I don't agree with everything Dan Berens says but I'll take his player rating system and ideas over the current one.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Jesus, that is ridiculous.

Something needs to change soon. For real.
 
# 15 iBlievN5 @ 01/10/16 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Jesus, that is ridiculous.

Something needs to change soon. For real.
so a little over 1 per position is ridiculous? I don't think that's bad at all. There was some great play in the nil this year and none of the players over 97 don't deserve it.
 
# 16 BB_Dynasty @ 01/11/16 08:56 AM
I hate that they down everyone who is injured. They're not playing bad, they are just not playing. Also as a Bills fan and somebody who watched them play every Sunday I cannot fathom why Marcel Dareus had such a significant decrease.
 
# 17 juggalotusx @ 01/11/16 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Review
25+ players end the season at 97 overall? Madness. I don't agree with everything Dan Berens says but I'll take his player rating system and ideas over the current one.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
you do realize that players like eric berry and many others are rated terrible with his system. When I first say it I was like ok this is good lower rated players but just look at the spread most players are at 65, Why it makes no sense players need to be rated on how well they play over a period of time.
Now I do think madden needs to rethink all the extra stuff like trait development,consistancy should be how consistant a player is everygame and not just for practice xp. drop the how fast they get xp traid of development.
 
# 18 DCEBB2001 @ 01/11/16 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggalotusx
you do realize that players like eric berry and many others are rated terrible with his system. When I first say it I was like ok this is good lower rated players but just look at the spread most players are at 65, Why it makes no sense players need to be rated on how well they play over a period of time.
I don't want to derail this thread, but I must say that this statement has a ton of misconception in it. I won't get into details as to why that is the case in this thread, but I will refer you to another if you want to discuss it further:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...er-2015-a.html

It seems as though you are not fully understanding how players are rated and why a guy like Berry was "rated terrible" back in July. If you could care less and don't want to know, then we will just leave it at that, but I must protest this part of your statement.
 
# 19 Geodude @ 01/13/16 08:12 AM
It looks like there were wholesale changes to punter and kicker attributes. Does anyone know the logic behind this?
 
# 20 juggalotusx @ 01/13/16 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodude
It looks like there were wholesale changes to punter and kicker attributes. Does anyone know the logic behind this?
What do you mean by wholesale?
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.