Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post


As mentioned earlier this month, the winner of the Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor fight at UFC 194 would join Ronda Rousey on the cover of EA Sports UFC 2.

Well... Conor McGregor won the fight in roughly 13 seconds. If you missed it, here's a clip.

EA Sports wasted no time posting the cover on Twitter. Let us know what you think of it and the 13 second fight...

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 12/13/15 01:36 AM
Well that fight was a big waste of time smh. Did EA pay Aldo off? His chin can't be that weak. I smell a conspiracy lol. Nice cover though.
 
# 2 CaliDude916 @ 12/13/15 01:39 AM
Great cover!
 
# 3 drewst18 @ 12/13/15 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
Well that fight was a big waste of time smh. Did EA pay Aldo off? His chin can't be that weak. I smell a conspiracy lol. Nice cover though.
It wouldn't be the first time there has been a match fix in MMA, but I challenge you to go find another fix where the person who throws the match decides to do it in a fashion where they get ktfo so hard that they don't remember their name or where they are.
Sounds silly to suggest that was a fix. If it was a 5 round fight that was boring and went to decision or a sub, but to get knocked out like that... common dude...
 
# 4 rafaelpaolo84 @ 12/13/15 07:21 AM
Good cover. Wish they could at least photoshop in Conor's green shorts that he wore tonight though, as these black champion uniforms are just too bland imo.
 
# 5 Entiae @ 12/13/15 10:03 AM
I wish Conor would be wearing green like he did last night as it is my favourite piece of Reebok UFC clothing thus far.
 
# 6 jasonator @ 12/13/15 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
Well that fight was a big waste of time smh. Did EA pay Aldo off? His chin can't be that weak. I smell a conspiracy lol. Nice cover though.
Common sense bruh! It's like a punch from Marquez to Pacquiao KNOCKOUT! If it didn't happen, the fight will surely get a long way!
 
# 7 aholbert32 @ 12/13/15 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewst18
It wouldn't be the first time there has been a match fix in MMA, but I challenge you to go find another fix where the person who throws the match decides to do it in a fashion where they get ktfo so hard that they don't remember their name or where they are.
Sounds silly to suggest that was a fix. If it was a 5 round fight that was boring and went to decision or a sub, but to get knocked out like that... common dude...
Plus who cries after losing a fixed fight. Aldo was inconsolable in the ring and in the locker room after the fight.
 
# 8 aholbert32 @ 12/13/15 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaelpaolo84
Good cover. Wish they could at least photoshop in Conor's green shorts that he wore tonight though, as these black champion uniforms are just too bland imo.
What sucks is thats probably the last time he wears them. The only reason they allowed him to wear them is because they both were technically "champions" and could not both wear the champion fight kit.
 
# 9 Bigman101 @ 12/13/15 09:46 PM
I think they shoulda put rousey and Jose on the cover so it b the overrated edition.
 
# 10 milin @ 12/13/15 10:45 PM
Bigman101 how can you say that aldo is overrated? The guy was undefeated since forever.
 
# 11 Sheba2011 @ 12/14/15 01:14 PM
Get rid of the incredibly overrated Rousey and that cover would be one of the best in sports gaming.
 
# 12 Sheba2011 @ 12/14/15 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by milin
Bigman101 how can you say that aldo is overrated? The guy was undefeated since forever.
I wouldn't say he was overrated, he was one of the best fighters for a long time and beat some really good fighters including: Frankie Edgar, Kenny Florian, Urijah Faber, Mike Brown and Chad Mendea. But I would say he was overhyped coming into this fight. Most weren't even giving Connor a chance. Personally I would love to see a rematch and see what happens if the fight goes more than a round. I still think Connor would win but could be a good bout.
 
# 13 BDKiiing @ 12/14/15 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Get rid of the incredibly overrated Rousey and that cover would be one of the best in sports gaming.
Because winning 3 fights in a little over a minute is overrated....
 
# 14 fballturkey @ 12/14/15 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
I wouldn't say he was overrated, he was one of the best fighters for a long time and beat some really good fighters including: Frankie Edgar, Kenny Florian, Urijah Faber, Mike Brown and Chad Mendea. But I would say he was overhyped coming into this fight. Most weren't even giving Connor a chance. Personally I would love to see a rematch and see what happens if the fight goes more than a round. I still think Connor would win but could be a good bout.
Connor was a slight favorite for a while and only a small underdog going into the fight if I remember correctly. I don't think people were undertaking McGregor and it was tough to tell what Aldo would look like after over a year out of the octagon. The way the fight ended we still don't know what Aldo's got, although we do know that McGregor had some world class timing and quickness.
 
# 15 Sheba2011 @ 12/18/15 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdolski
Because winning 3 fights in a little over a minute is overrated....
Because everyone proclaiming you one of the greatest fighters of all time after just 12 fights, many of those against weaker opponents doesn't qualify you as overrated. Because getting knocked out by the first real competition you faced doesn't qualify you as overrated....
 
# 16 aholbert32 @ 12/18/15 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Because everyone proclaiming you one of the greatest fighters of all time after just 12 fights, many of those against weaker opponents doesn't qualify you as overrated. Because getting knocked out by the first real competition you faced doesn't qualify you as overrated....

Nobody credible ever called her one of the greatest fighters of all time. People have called her one of the greatest women fighters of all time or even the greatest women fighter ever. Those statements are absolutely legitimate given what she's done.
 
# 17 fballturkey @ 12/18/15 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Nobody credible ever called her one of the greatest fighters of all time. People have called her one of the greatest women fighters of all time or even the greatest women fighter ever. Those statements are absolutely legitimate given what she's done.
I saw 'most dominant fighter of all time' thrown around by a lot of people, and it was arguable that she was up until Holm happened. Others can argue it's because he weight class was badly underdeveloped but she can only fight the other people that are out there.

Personally I think Mighty Mouse is the most dominant but it's definitely arguable among a few people, and Rousey is one of them.
 
# 18 Sheba2011 @ 12/19/15 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Nobody credible ever called her one of the greatest fighters of all time. People have called her one of the greatest women fighters of all time or even the greatest women fighter ever. Those statements are absolutely legitimate given what she's done.
Credible or not plenty of people were still throwing that term out and that's what makes someone overrated and overhyped. For the past year anytime I saw anything Rousey related the following terms were attached to it: "greatest of all time", "most dominant fighter" "greatest in history" etc. Although I would say Kevin Iole of Yahoo is one of the better and more credible MMA writers.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/it-s-ti...174449507.html
 
# 19 aholbert32 @ 12/20/15 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Credible or not plenty of people were still throwing that term out and that's what makes someone overrated and overhyped. For the past year anytime I saw anything Rousey related the following terms were attached to it: "greatest of all time", "most dominant fighter" "greatest in history" etc. Although I would say Kevin Iole of Yahoo is one of the better and more credible MMA writers.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/it-s-ti...174449507.html
Yeah, I only care about credible opinions on MMA. There are plenty of *******s on Twitter, Reddit and comments sections that have crazy opinions.

Regarding Iole, reading the article he makes a good point. Before the Holm fight, she was the most dominant fighter in the UFC. She beat her last 3 opponents in under a minute and was dominating her division. No one else was doing that.

Also even after the Holm fight, she is still the greatest womens MMA fighter of all time. I dont get why certain people get so worked up about the greatest womens fighter in the world being considered ONE of the best fighters in the world. No one is saying she would beat Werdum or Jones or Dos Anjos. Just that she was a dominant champion.

Mighty Mouse is the #1 P4P fighter in the world. Why? Because he's dominant. I dont see anyone objecting to calling him one of the greatest fighters of all time. Whats with the double standard?
 
# 20 redsox4evur @ 12/20/15 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Yeah, I only care about credible opinions on MMA. There are plenty of *******s on Twitter, Reddit and comments sections that have crazy opinions.

Regarding Iole, reading the article he makes a good point. Before the Holm fight, she was the most dominant fighter in the UFC. She beat her last 3 opponents in under a minute and was dominating her division. No one else was doing that.

Also even after the Holm fight, she is still the greatest womens MMA fighter of all time. I dont get why certain people get so worked up about the greatest womens fighter in the world being considered ONE of the best fighters in the world. No one is saying she would beat Werdum or Jones or Dos Anjos. Just that she was a dominant champion.

Mighty Mouse is the #1 P4P fighter in the world. Why? Because he's dominant. I dont see anyone objecting to calling him one of the greatest fighters of all time. Whats with the double standard?
And the same thing has been said about Jon Jones before his incident. And has probably been said about most champions at some point during their title reign, for the lack of a better term.
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.