Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post


This year The Show offers even more gameplay improvements, new game modes, and a greater ability to personalize your baseball experience. Check out some of the new things MLB The Show 16 has added. If you missed the MLB The Show 16 trailer earlier today, watch it here.

WHAT’S NEW THIS YEAR

ShowTime
  • Experience baseball's most epic moments like never before. Slow down gold glove plays, and come through in the clutch with this empowering tool that allows finer, more focused command.
Immersive Road to the Show
  • A curated in-game experience, revamped training system that includes Game Perks, and deeper personalization that acknowledges moments throughout your career.
New Game Modes
  • Stay tuned, because we’ll be announcing two new modes for The Show 2016.
Graphic Improvements (PS4)
  • MLB the Show continues to evolve in 2016, with updated graphics that make for a more authentic and immersive gaming experience.
The team also revealed 3 different editions for MLB The Show 16, as seen below.


And that's not all. The PlayStation.Blog has posted an article with a few other goodies, including some details on Road to the Show

Quote:
We’ve also made the Road to the Show experience more personalized and rewarding in 2016. A revamped training system gives you the chance to unlock Gameplay Perks as you work your way through Road To The Show (PS4 only). You can also expect a more streamlined Road To the Show experience, as a new paradigm for base-running and fielding opportunities will maximize the time you spend in situations that matter. And for the first time ever in the MLB The Show franchise, you can play an entire series of Road To The Show games without ever having to navigate the main menu between games.

Here are a few other nuggets on ShowTime...

Quote:
In MLB The Show 16, you’ll experience baseball’s most epic moments like never before with ShowTime. Using ShowTime, you can slow down critical moments for maximum control. ShowTime offers gamers a powerful new tool to help them excel in those big baseball moments.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 21 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Scott @ 12/05/15 04:07 PM
Well..I gotta get that Steelbook..
 
# 2 Steve_OS @ 12/05/15 04:18 PM
Just added some RTTS news to the OP.
 
# 3 Factzzz @ 12/05/15 04:22 PM
I guess this is the Canadian cover
Spoiler
 
# 4 breakfastcat @ 12/05/15 04:38 PM
I really want the features of the digital deluxe, but I also really want a physical copy with that steelbook. SCEA why you gotta do this to me?
 
# 5 Cowboy008 @ 12/05/15 04:41 PM
Not going to spend $100 just for the digital deluxe edition. I may get the MVP edition.
 
# 6 ryanmc564 @ 12/05/15 05:41 PM
I'm curious to know more about the "showtime" feature. At first seeing it on the video, my initial reaction was "NO" but after reading the brief description of it, it has me in intrigued because it sounds like they are trying to give you more control of the games outcome in key situations, like getting a better chance to hit the ball in the gap to clear the bases.
 
# 7 Spaced Ace @ 12/05/15 05:46 PM
Showtime feature?! Ummm... no. Don't make the game easier.
 
# 8 dhlord64 @ 12/05/15 05:56 PM
Can we get fielding that doesn't look like something out of the N64 days? Momentum doesn't exist.

Also can we actually get an Online franchise that isn't barebones and glitchy? It wasn't even touched in 15. Broken bullpen missing reliever glitch. Lack of a changing schedule from year to year. Terrible player progression. Pitchers should not gain velocity. Becomes very hard to hit in season 3 of an online franchise when a guy is throwing 101 and has a slow changeup. The game is slipping and has basically many of the same animations since the PS2 days. Lack of competition is holding this game back.
 
# 9 Denzel Washington @ 12/05/15 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhlord64
Can we get fielding that doesn't look like something out of the N64 days? Momentum doesn't exist.

Also can we actually get an Online franchise that isn't barebones and glitchy? It wasn't even touched in 15. Broken bullpen missing reliever glitch. Lack of a changing schedule from year to year. Terrible player progression. Pitchers should not gain velocity. Becomes very hard to hit in season 3 of an online franchise when a guy is throwing 101 and has a slow changeup. The game is slipping and has basically many of the same animations since the PS2 days. Lack of competition is holding this game back.
It's likely that the fielding mechanic is optional and will be non existent online. I wouldn't worry to much about it.
 
# 10 videobastard @ 12/05/15 06:24 PM
No mention of a new commentary team. They would of had my interest if gary thorne and harold reynolds were part of the new to the show list.
 
# 11 eric7064 @ 12/05/15 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmc564
I'm curious to know more about the "showtime" feature. At first seeing it on the video, my initial reaction was "NO" but after reading the brief description of it, it has me in intrigued because it sounds like they are trying to give you more control of the games outcome in key situations, like getting a better chance to hit the ball in the gap to clear the bases.
To early to judge but my initial reaction is no as well. I don't want it to be easier. Or get me "In the moment" Baseball is a Rocket fast gm. Not quick time events.

Can't wait for online franchise details though.
 
# 12 ryanmc564 @ 12/05/15 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobastard
No mention of a new commentary team. They would of had my interest if gary thorne and harold reynolds were part of the new to the show list.
Did you not see the deluxe ultra mega edition package for mlb 16 the show? It only cost 2.5 million dollars but in that package it includes your very own personal 3 man commentary crew who will personally sit in your living room and commentate every game you play.
 
# 13 Nero84 @ 12/05/15 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobastard
No mention of a new commentary team. They would of had my interest if gary thorne and harold reynolds were part of the new to the show list.
I knew there had to be someone on planet earth who liked Harold Reynolds. Here he is everyone please don't point and laugh.
 
# 14 bukktown @ 12/05/15 07:06 PM
Interesting choice going "max Payne bullet time".
Will you need to have amphetamines in your inventory to trigger it?
 
# 15 videobastard @ 12/05/15 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero84
I knew there had to be someone on planet earth who liked Harold Reynolds. Here he is everyone please don't point and laugh.
Whats wrong with reynolds? I dont get it. Any improvement over what we have been stuck with years i welcome.
 
# 16 WaitTilNextYear @ 12/05/15 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobastard
Whats wrong with reynolds? I dont get it. Any improvement over what we have been stuck with years i welcome.
He sucks. A lot. Spews clichés and I've never heard much insight from him at all which is horrible for someone who actually played in MLB. The pairing of him with Joe Buck is a worst case scenario broadcast team. Please no.
 
# 17 videobastard @ 12/05/15 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
He sucks. A lot. Spews clichés and I've never heard much insight from him at all which is horrible for someone who actually played in MLB. The pairing of him with Joe Buck is a worst case scenario broadcast team. Please no.
I dont care for joe buck, would rather have gary thorne as the lead. Reynolds seemed decent to me never really gave it much thought of who else could pair with thorne.
 
# 18 bluengold34_OS @ 12/05/15 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
He sucks. A lot. Spews clichés and I've never heard much insight from him at all which is horrible for someone who actually played in MLB. The pairing of him with Joe Buck is a worst case scenario broadcast team. Please no.

Easy - I like Reynolds, and you hurt my feelings by your hurtful comments.
 
# 19 WaitTilNextYear @ 12/05/15 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmc564
Did you not see the deluxe ultra mega edition package for mlb 16 the show? It only cost 2.5 million dollars but in that package it includes your very own personal 3 man commentary crew who will personally sit in your living room and commentate every game you play.
I'm holding out for the ultra RIAA triple platinum truffle fondue Bentley Rolex edition where it does everything that the deluxe ultra mega edition package does and it will walk my dog once every 5 hours while I play.
 
# 20 dhlord64 @ 12/05/15 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denzel Washington
It's likely that the fielding mechanic is optional and will be non existent online. I wouldn't worry to much about it.
I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about fielding in general. Players turn on a dime. Accelerate to top speed immediately. No respect for momentum. The animations just look bad too.
 

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.