Home
NBA 2K16 News Post


Another NBA 2K16 roster update has arrived today, making Steph Curry the top rated current player in the game. Curry is now an overall 95, while LeBron James stays at 94. Also of note, Kobe Bryant has gone down to an overall 78, the same rating as teammates Lou Williams and Jordan Clarkson.

GOING UP
  • Kawhi Leonard +1 (91)
  • Blake Griffin +1 (90)
  • Paul George +1 (90)
  • Andre Drummond +1 (87)
  • Jimmy Butler +2 (88)
  • Kyle Lowry +1 (85)
  • Brandon Knight +3 (84)
  • Draymond Green +1 (84)
  • Hassan Whiteside +1 (83)
  • Giannis Antetokounmpo +1 (82)
  • Rajon Rondo +1 (82)
  • Kemba Walker +2 (82)
  • Avery Bradley +4 (81)
  • Jonas Valanciunas +1 (81)
  • C. J. McCollum +1 (80)
  • Andre Iguodala +3 (80)
  • Harrison Barnes +3 (80)
  • Manu Ginobili +1 (80)
GOING DOWN
  • Chris Paul -1 (89)
  • Carmelo Anthony -1 (86)
  • Dwight Howard -1 (84)
  • Marc Gasol -1 (84)
  • Klay Thompson -1 (83)
  • Nikola Vucevic -1 (81)
  • Reggie Jackson -1 (80)
Each roster update contains accessory and team color changes.

To see a more detailed breakdown of the roster update, which includes individual attribute updates, head on over to 2KMTC.

Let us know what you are seeing!

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 44 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ksuttonjr76 @ 11/26/15 06:18 PM
No disrespect. However, I really do wish that he stop dropping George Hill and Monta Ellis. They do other things beyond just shooting.
 
# 2 bigdipper88 @ 11/26/15 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
No disrespect. However, I really do wish that he stop dropping George Hill and Monta Ellis. They do other things beyond just shooting.
Actually, Monta doesn't do much of anything but score. Yes, he became more of a team player in Dallas, but he isn't a star. I understand that you're a Pacers fan, but don't try to be a homer
 
# 3 sabastiane @ 11/26/15 06:47 PM
So no Heat military uniform? Any word from 2K why they haven't included it? I want to start a new mygm with all the heat uniforms this year(not really worried about the Christmas uniform).
 
# 4 K_Dub @ 11/26/15 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdipper88
Actually, Monta doesn't do much of anything but score. Yes, he became more of a team player in Dallas, but he isn't a star. I understand that you're a Pacers fan, but don't try to be a homer
I guess that's why he leads the Pacers in assists and steals per game. Not that that's much of anything.
 
# 5 ksuttonjr76 @ 11/26/15 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Dub
I guess that's why he leads the Pacers in assists and steals per game. Not that that's much of anything.
Which was the reason why I said they do more than just score...I guess he didn't read that part.
 
# 6 bigdipper88 @ 11/26/15 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Dub
I guess that's why he leads the Pacers in assists and steals per game. Not that that's much of anything.
Just because Monta gets steals doesn't mean he's a good defender. He's actually been below league avg. in defense year in and year out. My point was, Monta is purely just a chucker/scorer
 
# 7 ksuttonjr76 @ 11/26/15 08:08 PM
Here's a example of bad ratings. He dropped rebounding ratings for Lavoy Allen and Ian Mahinmi, but leaves Jordan Hill's alone who's currently tied for 4th best offensive rebounder with DeAnde Jordan. Yet, he still has a 69 rating.
 
# 8 ksuttonjr76 @ 11/26/15 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdipper88
Just because Monta gets steals doesn't mean he's a good defender. He's actually been below league avg. in defense year in and year out. My point was, Monta is purely just a chucker/scorer
I'm sorry. Is this Living Rosters based on current season production, or rosters based reputation? As a couple of nights ago, Indiana had the TOP defensive rating in the league, but they're currently ranked 16th in the game. According to Beds, they're not even a top 10 defensive team.
 
# 9 K_Dub @ 11/26/15 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdipper88
Just because Monta gets steals doesn't mean he's a good defender. He's actually been below league avg. in defense year in and year out. My point was, Monta is purely just a chucker/scorer
I never said he was a good defender. He does however play the passing lanes pretty well. Please don't take my words out of context to try to prove your point, especially when your point is wrong. Monta being a scorer first doesn't take away from the fact that he creates shots for his teammates at a pretty decent rate. That should be reflected in his ratings even though he's struggling with his shot so far. By the way his "chucking" is the lowest it's been since his rookie season. Only taking 12.4 shots a game this year. Down from 16.9 last year. What a chucker.
 
# 10 Sundown @ 11/26/15 08:22 PM
Kobe finally.
 
# 11 DreamAgain @ 11/26/15 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Dub
I never said he was a good defender. He does however play the passing lanes pretty well. Please don't take my words out of context to try to prove your point, especially when your point is wrong. Monta being a scorer first doesn't take away from the fact that he creates shots for his teammates at a pretty decent rate. That should be reflected in his ratings even though he's struggling with his shot so far. By the way his "chucking" is the lowest it's been since his rookie season. Only taking 12.4 shots a game this year. Down from 16.9 last year. What a chucker.
He's averaging 5 assists and 3 turnovers a game - nothing to get excited about. trust me, i'm fully aware of Monta this year as I have him in my fantasy league. He's been quite the disappointment.
 
# 12 K_Dub @ 11/26/15 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamAgain
He's averaging 5 assists and 3 turnovers a game - nothing to get excited about. trust me, i'm fully aware of Monta this year as I have him in my fantasy league. He's been quite the disappointment.
He's never taken care of the ball well and that probably will never change. He's been in the 2.5-3 TPG range pretty much his entire career. He drives into the paint and gets stuck a little too often for my liking. Doesn't change anything I said. He has his flaws, but creating shots for his teammates is actually one of his strengths.

Onto non-Monta ratings:

Jimmy Butler averages 2.1 steals a game. STL rating of 71. Pass Perception 88.
James Harden. 2.1 SPG. STL 77. PP 78.
Paul Millsap. 2.1 SPG. STL 81. PP 95.
John Wall. 2.2 SPG. STL 75. PP 84.

Westbrook. 2.6 SPG. 80 STL. 85 PP.
Curry. 2.6 SPG. 90 STL. 95 PP.

These ratings are literally all over the place.

On another note, Pau Gasol has not played a lick of PF since he's gotten to Chicago. Kirk Hinrich is a SG? Since when? He's been the backup PG everywhere he's been since Derrick took his starting spot some years ago.
 
# 13 jfsolo @ 11/26/15 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Dub
He's never taken care of the ball well and that probably will never change. He's been in the 2.5-3 TPG range pretty much his entire career. He drives into the paint and gets stuck a little too often for my liking. Doesn't change anything I said. He has his flaws, but creating shots for his teammates is actually one of his strengths.

Onto non-Monta ratings:

Jimmy Butler averages 2.1 steals a game. STL rating of 71. Pass Perception 88.
James Harden. 2.1 SPG. STL 77. PP 78.
Paul Millsap. 2.1 SPG. STL 81. PP 95.
John Wall. 2.2 SPG. STL 75. PP 84.

Westbrook. 2.6 SPG. 80 STL. 85 PP.
Curry. 2.6 SPG. 90 STL. 95 PP.

These ratings are literally all over the place.

On another note, Pau Gasol has not played a lick of PF since he's gotten to Chicago. Kirk Hinrich is a SG? Since when? He's been the backup PG everywhere he's been since Derrick took his starting spot some years ago.
I'm still going to say that trying to control the Overall rating is a major reason for the ratings inconsistencies, as well as not having enough people on the job to really watch all the games and comb through the stats.
 
# 14 arkhamRejek @ 11/26/15 09:17 PM
Finally Avery Bradley Got some love !!!
 
# 15 Comduklakis @ 11/26/15 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I'm still going to say that trying to control the Overall rating is a major reason for the ratings inconsistencies, as well as not having enough people on the job to really watch all the games and comb through the stats.
You nailed it. Trying to worry about overall (since rotations, FA signings, contracts, and trades are all based on overall) has a negative impact on ratings. There are countless examples of guys with ratings out of whack for their performance in a particular area. I'm honestly not a fan of living rosters. I think 20 games is too small a sample to suddenly decide someone should drop in shooting (such as Klay). I make an exception on Kobe since his drop is extremely drastic and you can literally see the lack of athleticism and lift in his legs each and every time he's on the court. His rating was out of whack (and respect maybe?) at the start. But for almost everyone else, I hate seeing drastic overreactions to normal fluctuations during a season.
 
# 16 ryan4131 @ 11/26/15 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdipper88
Actually, Monta doesn't do much of anything but score. Yes, he became more of a team player in Dallas, but he isn't a star. I understand that you're a Pacers fan, but don't try to be a homer
Do you even watch Monta? The guy is so underrated. He is a good facilitator and playmaker... and he has been really unselfish with the Pacers. The guy doesnt force up anything, and can easily drop 20 on any given night.

"doesnt do much of anything but score" lmao.

And no, im not a pacers fan but I do watch their games.
 
# 17 sirjam @ 11/27/15 12:45 AM
Which each update I pray they don't mess things up. The one right before thanksgiving caused most user teams to run the flow. I noticed it when I was running with the 95 bulls. Then tested a few more teams and the ran the flow to. Teams like the cavs, jazz, 95 sonics 01 lakers etc. I did notice that the spurs hawks and bucks still ran their stuff though.
 
# 18 tb24ster @ 11/27/15 01:23 AM
why cant they make this work in your existing franchise mode your playing. I do not want to keep starting over every time they give us new uniforms (this is bad 2K)
 
# 19 Sundown @ 11/27/15 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comduklakis
I think 20 games is too small a sample to suddenly decide someone should drop in shooting (such as Klay). I make an exception on Kobe since his drop is extremely drastic and you can literally see the lack of athleticism and lift in his legs each and every time he's on the court. His rating was out of whack (and respect maybe?) at the start. But for almost everyone else, I hate seeing drastic overreactions to normal fluctuations during a season.
I'm a GSW fan and I'm totally okay with Klay's reduction. 16 games is not a small sample and he's clearly not playing/shooting as well as he used to, probably because of his lingering back issues. I'm completely okay with that and I welcome that the game reflects this.


I still had no problems splashing with him in my first game after the patch, oddly, (and I was bricking with Curry harder than ever before).
 
# 20 michaelsan @ 11/27/15 03:11 AM
I think that the changes are absolutely fair.
 

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.