NBA 2K16 News Post

When building a team in NBA 2K16, or building up your MyPlayer, what is the most important attributes to you?

Obviously everyone has a different angle, and you may pick up some players for their three point shooting prowess or their lock down defense -- but on a general scale, if you are looking for players to fill out your starting five which of the attributes in the poll do you look for most?

Be sure to sound off on some players you've found who you think might be hidden gems as well and vote in the poll!

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 44 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 GuwopGeezus @ 11/18/15 02:32 PM
When filling out a team in MyLeague or MyTeam I try to get a rim protector/rebounder and a wing player that can drive to the lane. Elite shooters are nice but I can usually get by with average shooters if I have the other two type of players.

# 2 hawkfantn @ 11/18/15 03:10 PM
Balance. MyTEAM starting five right now:

PG - Mark Price
SG - Sydney Moncrief
SF - Elgin Baylor (ROTY)
PF - Jerry Lucas (ROTY)
C - Willis Reed

Second five:

PG - Danny Ainge (He's a SG, but play at PG)
SG - Mark Aguirre (He's a SF, but play at SG)
SF - Jamaal Wilkes (ROTY)
PF - Buck Williams (ROTY)
C - Al Jefferson (TBT)

Finding the right combination is important. I have a guy rated 87 and a guy rated 85 coming off the bench to exploit the reserves of other teams. Skew towards defense and athleticism in the starting lineup.

# 3 Klokwize @ 11/18/15 03:13 PM
I usually look for better than average Help Defensive IQ, Contest Shot, and above average shooting in all categories. Basically a "Team" first lineup.

# 4 AyeBruhChill @ 11/18/15 03:24 PM
I prefer 3 and D perimeter players and Post players with size midrange and at least 80 post attributes hook and fade. My player choice is small lol. This is MyTeam

PGs: 6'3+ with speed good D and a decent jumper (D Rose/Wall)
SG/SF: At least 80 Spd, 80 on ball D, 80 standing mid (J. Rose, Butler, Kawahi and Klay but klay will be replaced, too slow)
PF/C: Preferably 7'ft. At least 85 post fade and/or hook with at least a 85 moving close (C) or 80 moving mid (PF). (Dirk, LMA, Sabonis, Big Z,)

# 5 aka_EM_JAY @ 11/18/15 03:25 PM
For MyPlayer, Speed, Dunking and mid/long range shooting. I'm usually a point or wing player and even with medicore passing, rebounding and defence ratings I can still dominate in those facets of the game.

When team building I look for shooting, especially in MyGM there a very rarely any shooting specialist (generated rookies) so I look for high shooting ratings as they will most likely be the better rated players in the leagues.

# 6 scooterperpetual @ 11/18/15 03:37 PM
For my Rockets MyLeague I build heavily towards 3 point shooters, at least for starters. Since the Rockets are basically built around 3 point shooting or driving the basket it just makes sense. If I am looking for big men I just look for someone that can hit post hooks and can rebound well. If I am looking for bench players I look a lot more at defensive stats though.

# 7 Tsuki @ 11/18/15 05:32 PM
PG: Passing- Usually I am controlling this player to initiate a play/drive but the moment I no longer have control is during passes. If I can trust my PGs to pass the ball on target they are not worthy for my team at all.

SG: High shooting attributes- With this position I want it to be a go to bucket period, any other attributes such as speed/handles/quickness are just icing on the cake

SF: High defensive attributes- I prefer this position to just be one-sided with defensive I want to trust they can stop all the talent at their position more than put the ball in the hoop.

PF- Above average offensive post attributes- I dont care if it is layup/standing dunk/inside shot/hook shot/fade shot one or two of these needs to be very high I want this player to always be a guaranteed bucket in the hole

C- Low Post D & Rebounding- Dont need a scorer here or contrastly a shot blocker. I just want you to put a body on a guy and force a bad shot every time in the post. Lastly rebound the freaking basketball.

# 8 baller768 @ 11/18/15 09:46 PM
For my team it's shooting and athleticism across the board. However for myleague/mygm it's a different story. I try to replicate the Spurs in the sense of everyone having a role on the team. The Spurs always seem to have a player for every situation which is also very helpful particularly in the playoffs where every possession is so crucial.

# 9 CaseIH @ 11/19/15 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by MMChrisS

I look at all ratings as a whole, wether it be attributes or tendencies. To do itright and get the virtual player to play liflike it takes all of them being accurate to reflectreal life, and get real life results for player as well as teams.

# 10 bluedevil515151 @ 11/19/15 12:25 PM
PG/SG/SF- Standing Shot Three, Driving Layup and/or Driving Dunk, Ball Control, Passing Accuracy, Speed, On-Ball Defense IQ, Help Defense IQ, and Steal
PF/C- Standing Shot Mid, Standing Dunk, Post Control, Post Hook, Post Fadeaway, Help Defense IQ, Block, Offensive Rebound, and Defensive Rebound

# 11 evanreyes @ 11/20/15 01:18 PM
PG - speed, quickness, dribbling, passing, lay-up, outside shooting (Lillard, Bledsoe)
SG - outside shooting, on-ball D (Klay, Butler)
SF - athleticism, outside shooting, all around D (Barnes, Batum)
PF - rebounding, post D, mid-range/outside shooting (Aldridge, Draymond)
C - rebounding, post D, passing (Gasol, Gasol, Bogut, Noah)

# 12 rocknrollscar11 @ 04/20/16 07:30 AM
MYL Season 2
Chicago Bulls
*Released D.Rose during free agency period. Nets took his contract.
**Fan Support @ 63% before D.Rose release. 100% immediately after.
Starting 5

PG Marcus Smart
SG Jimmy Butler
SF Tobias Harris
PF Serge Ibaka
C Joakim Noah

2nd Unit

PG E'twaun Moore
SG Anthony Morrow (fast, great handle, catches crazy fire from 3's)
SF Mike Dunleavy
PF Nikola Mirotic
C Bobby Portis(develop him his rookie season and you'll see his potential/hits 3's/great rebound/Shot blocking abilities.)

Bench