12:12 PM - November 17, 2015 by MMChrisS
The long awaited expansion to The Crew launches today, with the hotly anticipated new event included: The Summit. Check out the trailer here!
The Summit, which Ubisoft described as the largest challenge in a driving game yet, is a competition featuring a huge variety of vehicles from motorcyles to monster trucks. You compete in iconic locations all over the US in the mode.
Also included in the expansion are new graphical touches.
The Crew: Wild Run is available for download now as a digital add-on to The Crew for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.
UPDATE: Just added a bunch of screenshots and a trailer.
UPDATE #2 Check out the features, as well as a handling update below.
The Summit is a monthly competition between players that lasts a limited amount of time. In order to access and advance in the Summit, the players have to complete a number of events such as: missions, PVP events, freeride challenges, skills and stunts.
To gain access to the Summit, players will need to complete Qualifiers, with 2 qualifiers available each week.
New vehicles and specs:
In The Crew Wild Run the players will be able to win, buy and tune new vehicles, which can be used in missions, freeride and skills.
The new vehicles and specs are Motorbikes, Monster Trucks, Dragsters and Drift Cars. Each new vehicle, or spec, has a unique handling and driving style and can be used in specific missions.
In Freeride, players will have access to 3 new gameplay modes:
- Coop Stunts: Stunts are quick challenges available in Freeride, than can be enabled or disabled in the options. When freeriding, stunts can be triggered by the player at any time. There are different types of stunts - drift, driving a certain distance, jumps… When a player completes a stunt, he earns a certain amount of bucks and then another, more difficult stunt is generated. The more a player progresses the more bucks he will earn (winning streak). If a player fails one stunt, the winning streak is reset. When players are in a crew, the stunts becomes Coop Stunts and will be adapted to the number of players in the crew.
- FreeDrive Challenge: The FreeDrive challenge is a competitive gameplay feature which is played with the player’s crew. One player creates the challenge, using a simplified version of the map to set multiple waypoints and a finish line. Once the race is set, it can be suggested to the other players. At the end of the race, all crew members earn rewards based on their position and the number of players.
- Looking For Players (LFP) is a system that groups players who want to play a specific Game mode. The LFP system is an automatic matchmaking process that can also be used as a shortcut from The Summit, FreeDrive challenges and Coop Stunts.
- Improved aerodynamics
- Improved steering reactivity.
- Improved counter steering.
- Improved grip behaviour.
- Tuning and increase of the distinctions between the modes: All Driving Help/Sport/Hard-core.
- The first list of vehicles to have undergone the handling update are the following:
- Chevrolet Camaro RS 1969 PERF
- Pagani Huayra FULL STOCK/PERF
- Koenigsegg Agera R FULL STOCK/PERF
- 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS FULL STOCK/STREET/PERF/CIRCUIT/DIRT/RAID
- 2013 SRT Viper GTS 2013 FULL STOCK/PERF
- McLaren F1 FULL STOCK/PERF
- 2013 Nissan 370Z (Z34) FULL STOCK/STREET/PERF/CIRCUIT/DIRT/RAID
- Ford F-150 SVT Raptor 2010 FULL STOCK/STREET/PERF/CIRCUIT/DIRT/RAID
- Ferrari 458 Speciale FULL STOCK/PERF
- Dodge Challenger SRT-8 FULL STOCK/STREET/PERF/CIRCUIT/DIRT/RAID
- Buggy A1 RAID
- Ford Mustang GT 2011 FULL STOCK/STREET/PERF/CIRCUIT/DIRT/RAID
- LaFerrari FULL STOCK/PERF
- 2011 Aston Martin V8 Vantage S FULL STOCK/PERF
- Ruf 3400 K RAID
- Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34) FULL STOCK/STREET/PERF/CIRCUIT/DIRT/RAID
- Ford GT 2005 FULL STOCK/PERF/RACING
- Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 FULL STOCK/PERF
- BMW M5 2011 FULL STOCK/PERF
- Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera FULL STOCK/PERF/RACING
- Ford Focus RS 2010 FULL STOCK/STREET/PERF/RACING/DIRT/RAID
- Ruf CTR-3 FULL STOCK/PERF
- Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG (C197) FULL STOCK/PERF/RACING
- Maserati Gran Turismo S FULL STOCK/PERF
- 2015 Ford Mustang GT Fastback FULL STOCK/STREET/PERF
- 2010 Dodge Viper SRT-10 Coupe FULL STOCK/PERF/RACING