Madden NFL 16 News Post

We're now just a little over halfway through the 2015 NFL Season, which means we have had half a season of Madden roster updates thus far.

At this point in the season, how do you feel this year's roster updates have been handled? Do you approve of the updates this year?

Let us know what you think of the updates this year, and let us know what you'd like to see EA change for Madden NFL 16!

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 23 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 MAGboyswifT27 @ 11/12/15 12:21 PM
I've been disappointed with the updates. I see 2K coming out with daily updates not only to ratings but equipment changes such as Derrick Rose's face mask, Clippers new unis' just to name a couple. A lot of times the roster update isn't accurate and I (as others) have to make the changes ourselves. The color rush uniforms would have been a nice addition in the game but I know we won't see any of that. I also think we're very limited as to what we can change on our roster, if we can't get that detailed version from EA, it's frustrating to know that we can't truly update things how it is in real life.

# 2 GlennN @ 11/12/15 03:13 PM
Need one more voting choice - already into a franchise, so roster updates are meaningless to me!

# 3 mastershake88 @ 11/12/15 05:08 PM
I think they're insanely inaccurate. Steve Smith is out, Suggs is out. Why am I seeing them on the field?

NBA 2k for example get's it right. My opinion of M16 has changed over these months and I'm not happy about it.

# 4 RicoLaguno @ 11/12/15 08:02 PM
I think the real question should be whether or not we are seeing accurate results based on Roster Ratings.

I think the ratings themselves from a numeric accuracy standpoint match the players' real world performances....but I dont really think the Madden ratings translate into a realistic distribution of varied in game results of the players they are modeled after.

Which may simply lead to a much bigger game engine problem that magnifies the simplicity of its realism. Basically, you just dont see enough variety and variable outcomes for each possible situation and interaction.

Everything just maps to one of a few different kinds of animations with the ignite engine of twerk and twisted limbs triggering at the very end of the play just to be able to say that they have unlimited outcomes and no 2 plays ever unfold the same way....Which is totally NOT TRUE

I would love to see how the Konami PES team would have handled the Madden game engine.....it could have been breathtakingly fun and organic

# 5 t_money25 @ 11/12/15 11:11 PM
Roster updates are horrible. They don't reflect the current performance of the current players. Last week, Eli Manning threw for 350 6TD's with no INT's goes down -3 OVR????? Even Jay Cutler is rated higher than Eli (86 to 84)?????? Tony Romo goes down -2 despite he hasn't played since week 3????? It almost seems as they do these updates randomly. SMH

# 6 dbehbood @ 11/13/15 03:17 AM
I downloaded the newest update. However, I just tried to start a franchise offline and the updated roster is not being reflected. For example, Charles Woodson (a 92 OVR in this update) is just an 82 when I start the franchise. I am choosing the option to use the current roster, not the preseason roster, yet this problem occurs. Any solutions?

# 7 Sheba2011 @ 11/13/15 10:19 AM
I just like that pre-existing injuries are actually working this year. I end up editing the entire roster anyways to correct for the typical Madden deficiencies (like them still thinking Peyton is a great QB or the overrating of rookies after just one season). But overall they have been pretty good this year.

# 8 vman81699 @ 11/13/15 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by dbehbood
What I have always done in EA Sports Football games is go to file management, load up the roster, and then go into Connected Careers and use the rosters. If that doesn't work, you can go to file management, load up the roster, and then save your Madden profile. This should keep the selected as the default one that is loaded up every time you play madden on your profile. Hope this helps, and let me know if it works for you or not. (:

# 9 CT Pittbull @ 11/14/15 08:05 AM
For my Bears they still have Shea McClellin MLB in the lineup when he hasnt played for WEEKS.

# 10 Kushmir @ 11/14/15 12:52 PM
Pretty bad. Eli Manning goes down after a 6TD, 0 INT performance, but the Giants D that gave up 600 yds goes up? That guy is drunk.

# 11 Ueauvan @ 11/15/15 04:08 AM
havent voted, i only use the last roster when the season started, dont play online so i cant comment