Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post


EA Sports has just announced EA Sports UFC 2 on their official Twitter feed. They have scheduled more details to be revealed tomorrow.

The original EA Sports UFC released on June 17, 2014, read our review here. Electronic Arts CEO Andrew Wilson felt like the game would be released every other year, before the original game release date was even announced.

What are you hoping to see or hear about?

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 GameplayDevUFC @ 11/09/15 04:18 PM
 
# 2 fballturkey @ 11/09/15 04:20 PM
Awesome. I still get in an event or two each week on the old UFC. It'll be great to have a new one.
 
# 3 aholbert32 @ 11/09/15 04:30 PM
Cant wait to be able to talk to you guys about it. Just waiting to see when I get the go ahead. There is a lot to discuss.
 
# 4 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 11/09/15 04:41 PM
Just make sure there are gamelplay sliders in this one lol. Would rather see a new Fight Night but it is what it is. Hopefully this one is 60fps.
 
# 5 woody2goody @ 11/09/15 05:31 PM
I'd like to see an Event Mode. It was one of the best things about UFC 3.

A couple of other things I'm hoping for are: accuracy stats for fighters so they can still miss open shots, less easy-to-land body shots, and above all:

There must be a fear of getting hit in the head, like in the THQ games, so people don't just throw stupid strikes. There needs to be more strategy

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
 
# 6 JoeMimic @ 11/09/15 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Cant wait to be able to talk to you guys about it. Just waiting to see when I get the go ahead. There is a lot to discuss.
I'm out of the loop, how'd you get so much access?!?!
 
# 7 redsox4evur @ 11/09/15 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMimic
I'm out of the loop, how'd you get so much access?!?!
He took a position as a Gamechanger and left his admin position. As a gc you can't be an admin on this site at the same time.
 
# 8 JoeMimic @ 11/09/15 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
He took a position as a Gamechanger and left his admin position. As a gc you can't be an admin on this site at the same time.
Awesome stuff! Thanks for the information sir.
 
# 9 aholbert32 @ 11/09/15 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMimic
Awesome stuff! Thanks for the information sir.
Yep, I got to play the game a month ago but I cant talk about it yet. I'll have plenty to say once I get the go ahead.
 
# 10 fishingtime @ 11/09/15 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
He took a position as a Gamechanger and left his admin position. As a gc you can't be an admin on this site at the same time.
Yeah, I thought that was kind of goofy. Although it could be to make sure someone is objective. No clue why that was, but that just seemed wrong.
 
# 11 bcruise @ 11/09/15 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
Yeah, I thought that was kind of goofy. Although it could be to make sure someone is objective. No clue why that was, but that just seemed wrong.
Yeah, that's conflict of interest. With all the (mistaken) flak this site takes about being in so and so's pocket, having a site admin also be a gamechanger is just not a good idea.

He knew what he was getting into though, I'm sure.

Looking forward to tomorrow!
 
# 12 aholbert32 @ 11/09/15 09:13 PM
Dont get it wrong. I wasnt forced out or anything. I've been on the staff for over a decade and it was time for me to step down. The gamechanger thing just gave me an excuse to do it.

It was worth it too. The amount of input that EA is giving us regarding this game is amazing. As much as I loved being on staff, I'm glad I decided to step down and be a gamechanger.

Regarding the conflict of interest, there is one. I was an admin with broad banning powers. One of the main forums I modded was the NBA 2k forum. The last thing the site needs is the appearance that person affiliated with EA was banning people on the 2k boards or any other competitive board.
 
# 13 FINCANEfan @ 11/09/15 10:47 PM
maaaaan, this game is crap. where is a fight night?
 
# 14 fishingtime @ 11/10/15 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Regarding the conflict of interest, there is one. I was an admin with broad banning powers. One of the main forums I modded was the NBA 2k forum. The last thing the site needs is the appearance that person affiliated with EA was banning people on the 2k boards or any other competitive board.
That makes sense, but people can be objective. Not like you work for EA. Not like if the game is crap you won't say so just because you got to go to EA Canada.
 
# 15 aholbert32 @ 11/10/15 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
That makes sense, but people can be objective. Not like you work for EA. Not like if the game is crap you won't say so just because you got to go to EA Canada.
I completely agree but its all about perspective. I was ready to go anyway. I'm enjoying OS alot more now that I'm able to ignore the forums that annoy me.
 
# 16 fishingtime @ 11/10/15 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I completely agree but its all about perspective. I was ready to go anyway. I'm enjoying OS alot more now that I'm able to ignore the forums that annoy me.
I get that. I'm glad you are happy with your role now. I just feel people can be objective. I would actually prefer EA to bring in people from gaming sites to really get an understanding of the game so they could do better reviews. Informative ones actually. Last game got a lot of negative reviews, and that was because they thought the controls were too hard, etc. Sit down with these people and teach them how to play so they can pass that information along.
 
# 17 Phobia @ 11/10/15 08:09 AM
Aholbert, very glad of all the OS people that could of been chosen, you were the man. I'm very excited to start getting the info as you are able to share!
 
# 18 aholbert32 @ 11/10/15 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
I get that. I'm glad you are happy with your role now. I just feel people can be objective. I would actually prefer EA to bring in people from gaming sites to really get an understanding of the game so they could do better reviews. Informative ones actually. Last game got a lot of negative reviews, and that was because they thought the controls were too hard, etc. Sit down with these people and teach them how to play so they can pass that information along.
I dont have a problem with them doing this but the gamechangers program has a different goal (at least when it comes to UFC). The goal is to actually improve the game and get a hardcore perspective of the game. I cant go into much detail now but that first trip gave me a MUCH better understanding about how games are made, how many people work on a a game and how difficult it can be to make a game. They need people who played the first game and other MMA games to come in and give them input on whether a change or mode they added is good or bad.

The reviewers idea is tricky because 1) You dont want to be seen as trying to influence reviews and 2) The controls in UFC 1 were actually difficult to understand. If IGN, Gamespot and OS gave UFC 2 a high score and people found out that EA invited those reviewers to Vancouver and gave them an all expenses paid trip to the studio....some people would consider those reviews suspect. The way to get better reviews is to make a better game and have features that make it easier for people to pick up and play the game.

I'll be honest when I first joined up, I wasnt sure what the other guys would bring to the table and was concerned that many of their suggestions would only focus on online and would negatively affect the offline portion of the game. I was completely wrong. These guys know their stuff and I've learned a ton since October. I believe having this diverse group will help the game immensely. We've already provided some input since the first event and I'm excited to see what changes were made when we see the game again.
 
# 19 Money99 @ 11/10/15 10:24 AM
Looking forward to the information you can provide aholbert32.
I'm a much bigger boxing fan, but if UFC2 can deliver a deep Career Mode, I'd be interested in this game.

I've read that the simulator, World of MMA, is ridiculously deep.
I'd love it if a console game adopted some of its features.

One of the things I'd really like to see is a different way of building a fighter.
Was Chuck Lidell really a 50OV puncher in his first fight? No. He had immense power from the beginning.

Give us the ability to compete in a world with static attributes.
We can still learn disciplines, kicks, strikes, conditioning, etc.
But as far as things like hand-speed, chin, power, etc... those should be set in stone from the beginning.
If you're looking for longevity in a game, look no further than trying to get a fighter with C- attributes to win a belt.
Now add in running a full stable of fighters, while trying to recruit new ones, and you have a game that could be played for years and years.
 
# 20 aholbert32 @ 11/10/15 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Looking forward to the information you can provide aholbert32.
I'm a much bigger boxing fan, but if UFC2 can deliver a deep Career Mode, I'd be interested in this game.

I've read that the simulator, World of MMA, is ridiculously deep.
I'd love it if a console game adopted some of its features.
World of MMA is extremely fun. I havent played the most recent version but I loved the first and second ones.
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.