05:36 PM - October 22, 2015 by Cowboy008
2K and WWE 2K16 have released details and updates to Universe Mode, where fans get to craft and play out their own version of WWE.
- In the past, starting match cards were similar across all game copies. Now players shouldn’t see the same card when comparing Universes with their friends. From there, players can now assign Superstars to appear on multiple shows, creating more flexibility and customization.
- We’ve added more Universe cutscenes and revamped a large portion of the storylines to focus more on quality over quantity. Between pay-per-views one would traditionally see around two possible story instances for a character’s path. Now those branching-instance possibilities jump up to ten, creating far more variety in storylines. Everything will make more sense logically with the Superstars involved based on their personality traits.
- Status effects are another new element shaking up the flow of Universe Mode. Status effects are temporary bonuses and penalties that are triggered through gameplay or storylines. The most common effects temporarily boost a Superstar’s attributes, which are triggered by winning streaks and winning big pay-per-view matches in rivalries.
- We’ve also brought back injuries as status effects with big changes. Injuries are inflicted when you deal a huge amount of damage to a specific part of the body, and the level of the injury climbs from minor to major to critical. Superstars can continue to compete with minor and major injuries with penalties to limb health and attributes related to that limb. Once an injury reaches a critical level, the Superstar will be knocked out of commission until their injury heals up.
- Whenever a rivalry match finishes, a new results screen offers immediate feedback on how it affects everything. Previously, players would have to dig through menus to gather this information and this cuts that down significantly. Keeping tabs on developments and progression has never been easier.
Make sure to read the full article on the details and updates to Universe Mode"]new advancements to WWE 2K16 Universal Mode here[/url].