Home
FIFA 16 News Post


FIFA 16 patch #2, which was available for PC users last week, has arrived for PlayStation 4 users. The Xbox One patch is scheduled to release at a later date.

UPDATE (10-8): The update is available now for Xbox One users.

The update includes general stability improvements and addresses the following items:
  • Optimized goalkeeper rushing, AI, and positioning.
  • Improved player wage accuracy in Career Mode.
  • Addressed referee/kit clashes.
  • Addressed an exploit in Virtual Pro leaderboards.
  • Addressed a shot missing the top corner and still being called a goal.
  • FIFA Trainer button tuning.
  • Player clipping during intro sequence in certain stadiums.
The update also addresses the following FUT items:
  • EA SPORTS Football Club shared squads not showing players in FIFA menus.
  • Relisting Transfer List items not retaining previous price settings.
  • Error message when attempting to apply a contract consumable.
  • Away crowd wearing incorrect kit.
  • Some returning users experiencing an issue when naming their club.
  • Controller disconnecting in FUT modes.
Source - EA

Game: FIFA 16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
FIFA 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ZO @ 10/05/15 10:27 PM
Its installing now. I'm scared.
 
# 2 PPerfect_CJ @ 10/05/15 10:40 PM
No idea if this applies to current Manager Modes, or not, so I started a new one to test it out. Playing on Pro and reset my sliders back to default. I'm United. Played the first match vs Spurs. It's just one match and we all now how games fluctuate in MM, but I'll say that it seemed challenging, again. They pretty much dominated the game, actually.

I had 7 shots with 4 on target.
They had 11 shots with 6 on target.
Possession was even at 50/50.
I had 4 tackles. They had 16!!
I had 3 fouls. They had 1.
I had 3 corners. They had 2.
My shot accuracy was 57%. Theirs was 54%.
Both our passing accuracies were 83.

Need to invest a little more time, but I have to say that it's encouraging. Can't wait to see what everyone else is experiencing. As for the artwork and names, I don't really know what they're referring to. Martial and Memphis look the same, unfortunately, so it wasn't about them.
 
# 3 Resurrection403 @ 10/05/15 10:41 PM
the game feels a little faster, and, a little easier. im dismantling AC milans defence right now on legendary, up 1-0 in the 1st half but i think its just how far down i put the man marking for the cpu
 
# 4 Aquaman_OS @ 10/05/15 11:11 PM
Are the Manager Mode bugs regarding goalkeepers being benched for the season and stats changing everytime you load the game still there?...
 
# 5 ZO @ 10/05/15 11:24 PM
I've only played one game since installing the patch, but I think it plays better. Its probably a placebo, but that game felt pretty good actually. I thought I saw more activity from team-mate AI, more interceptions, etc. But my goal keeper had way more mental lapses than before. He let a floated header just go right over his head while he stood there and watched. Yet the next shot taken was a bullet that he magically saved. So that makes no sense. I guess it will take more games to know for sure, but it doesn't seem to have changed anything in a negative way. Which is nice.
 
# 6 ZO @ 10/05/15 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman_OS
Are the Manager Mode bugs regarding goalkeepers being benched for the season and stats changing everytime you load the game still there?...
I would bet my entire savings account on this not being fixed. This has been in every game since 09.
 
# 7 LionsFanNJ @ 10/06/15 12:31 AM
I played one game on world class and the CPU wasn't pressing me all over the pitch in my MM. It was different. Still as clinical and razor sharp as ever in other areas though. Still. It felt better for the most part.
 
# 8 mfp @ 10/06/15 01:20 AM
Played about a half dozen matches post patch and I don't know what to think. The first several were on Legendary, 10 min halves, all default settings, and they were good matches, and I won all of them. It felt a little easier to score maybe?

Then played several matches on World Class and those were pretty bad. I actually lost most of those - go figure.

Might be just that I was tired, might be that I need to play more to tell, but can't say I noticed these major changes that people have suggested. Can't say I noticed the claim that they "humanized" the AI with the patch.

I want to say that it's different, but the difference is extremely minor. Maybe I'll see something different tomorrow with fresh eyes.
 
# 9 talucchesi @ 10/06/15 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp
Played about a half dozen matches post patch and I don't know what to think. The first several were on Legendary, 10 min halves, all default settings, and they were good matches, and I won all of them. It felt a little easier to score maybe?

Then played several matches on World Class and those were pretty bad. I actually lost most of those - go figure.

Might be just that I was tired, might be that I need to play more to tell, but can't say I noticed these major changes that people have suggested. Can't say I noticed the claim that they "humanized" the AI with the patch.

I want to say that it's different, but the difference is extremely minor. Maybe I'll see something different tomorrow with fresh eyes.
Albeit I only played one game, I'm glad I'm not the only one that felt this way
 
# 10 ZO @ 10/06/15 01:39 AM
Man, I hate this game so much right now. First, **** world class. Second, **** magic tackles. Third, **** magic passes. And last, **** this b.s. of passes being sent off in error while playing on full manual. My passes should not veer 30 degrees off the direction I pass if the computer has nothing to do with my passing. Its complete bull****.

hulk smash
 
# 11 Peninc @ 10/06/15 03:25 AM
Actually not seeing much difference at all except for now none of the players walk through each other in the prematch intros
 
# 12 PhiPsi1 @ 10/06/15 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp
Played about a half dozen matches post patch and I don't know what to think. The first several were on Legendary, 10 min halves, all default settings, and they were good matches, and I won all of them. It felt a little easier to score maybe?

Then played several matches on World Class and those were pretty bad. I actually lost most of those - go figure.

Might be just that I was tired, might be that I need to play more to tell, but can't say I noticed these major changes that people have suggested. Can't say I noticed the claim that they "humanized" the AI with the patch.

I want to say that it's different, but the difference is extremely minor. Maybe I'll see something different tomorrow with fresh eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by talucchesi
Albeit I only played one game, I'm glad I'm not the only one that felt this way

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
Man, I hate this game so much right now. First, **** world class. Second, **** magic tackles. Third, **** magic passes. And last, **** this b.s. of passes being sent off in error while playing on full manual. My passes should not veer 30 degrees off the direction I pass if the computer has nothing to do with my passing. Its complete bull****.

hulk smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peninc
Actually not seeing much difference at all except for now none of the players walk through each other in the prematch intros

Fellas –

Did all of you test the patch within your present Manager Mode or did you test it in Play Now? I’m thinking that it may be necessary (although a pain in the arse if you have made progress in MM) to start your MM over from scratch….

Check out the first post in the thread below. @PPerfect_CJ had quite a positive experience thus far and this was on Pro….


Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
No idea if this applies to current Manager Modes, or not, so I started a new one to test it out. Playing on Pro and reset my sliders back to default. I'm United. Played the first match vs Spurs. It's just one match and we all now how games fluctuate in MM, but I'll say that it seemed challenging, again. They pretty much dominated the game, actually.

I had 7 shots with 4 on target.
They had 11 shots with 6 on target.
Possession was even at 50/50.
I had 4 tackles. They had 16!!
I had 3 fouls. They had 1.
I had 3 corners. They had 2.
My shot accuracy was 57%. Theirs was 54%.
Both our passing accuracies were 83.

Need to invest a little more time, but I have to say that it's encouraging. Can't wait to see what everyone else is experiencing. As for the artwork and names, I don't really know what they're referring to. Martial and Memphis look the same, unfortunately, so it wasn't about them.

Give it a try guys with a fresh MM or even a fresh re-install of the game and check out your results....Cheers fellas!
 
# 13 Tonyafc23 @ 10/06/15 07:44 AM
Do i need to restart my career mode or will any changes automatically work?
 
# 14 PhiPsi1 @ 10/06/15 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafc23
Do i need to restart my career mode or will any changes automatically work?

I would suggest just hopping in to your career mode and see what results/gameplay you have....And then maybe do a fresh re-install of the game w/ the new patch (OR) simply re-start your career mode and also compare if there are any gameplay improvements going that particular route.
 
# 15 Kwim @ 10/06/15 08:43 AM
Curious as to what is keeping the xbox patch. I know MS have to verify (as do Sony) yet still no word....confuzzling
 
# 16 PPerfect_CJ @ 10/06/15 09:15 AM
Played a couple more matches last night in that new MM and I actually had to turn down the CPU marking and acceleration a hair. They were just destroying me defensively. I couldn't get a feel for the keeper, because I couldn't get anywhere NEAR him. Lol! Still holding off TOTAL judgement until I'm able to get 9 or 10 more matches in, but like I said earlier, it's encouraging.
 
# 17 mfp @ 10/06/15 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi1
Fellas –

Did all of you test the patch within your present Manager Mode or did you test it in Play Now? I’m thinking that it may be necessary (although a pain in the arse if you have made progress in MM) to start your MM over from scratch….

Check out the first post in the thread below. @PPerfect_CJ had quite a positive experience thus far and this was on Pro….





Give it a try guys with a fresh MM or even a fresh re-install of the game and check out your results....Cheers fellas!
I was testing it in Play Now so there's no reason I shouldn't be noticing changes.
 
# 18 PPerfect_CJ @ 10/06/15 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp
I was testing it in Play Now so there's no reason I shouldn't be noticing changes.
Play Now is a totally different animal than Manager Mode, tho, so be careful with that. Doesn't SEEM like it should play differently, but it definitely does.
 
# 19 DBMcGee3 @ 10/06/15 10:13 AM
I'm excited, haven't played in a few days so tonight it's on!

I'm a little nervous that they're tweaking the keepers, because honestly I think they're pretty great as is (especially in comparison to the other game out there). Most of all I'm relieved though, after hearing some moron yesterday claiming that the patch essentially reverted the game back to a FIFA 15 clone.

Who are these people and where do they come up with this garbage?
 
# 20 mfp @ 10/06/15 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
Play Now is a totally different animal than Manager Mode, tho, so be careful with that. Doesn't SEEM like it should play differently, but it definitely does.
I get that it makes the most sense to test sliders in MM, but for picking up any gameplay changes from a patch, there's absolutely zero reason they wouldn't be evident in Play Now.

It's been said that there's positional changes, changes to the way the AI plays in terms of error, movement and momentum of players... all kinds of things. All of these should be apparent in any mode.
 

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.