07:02 PM - September 23, 2015 by jyoung
Visual Concepts Community Managers Ronnie Singh and Chris Manning just finished streaming some head-to-head gameplay of NBA 2K16 on the company's official Twitch channel. Their match between the Los Angeles Lakers and Toronto Raptors was played on Superstar difficulty and default Simulation sliders.
If you didn't get to see the event live, click here to start watching the archive. The actual broadcast starts at timestamp 5:46. If you don't want to spend an hour-and-a-half watching the whole show, here is all of the new information that was announced:
- NBA 2K16's Play Now leaderboards will reward users who don't always pick the most talented teams. Previously, the leaderboards were mostly just determined by total wins and total losses.
- NBA 2K16's online servers will be turned on "late tomorrow."
- The "Momentous" trailer will be officially released tomorrow afternoon.
- All existing NBA 2K16 My Career save files will be deleted from the 2K servers sometime tomorrow.
- My Career will once again have unlockable endorsements from actual companies like Kia and Gatorade.
- You can now select which side of the on-ball defender's body your screener will come to.
- The ball handler will have access to four signature dribbles by holding down the R2 button.
- Prerecorded player interviews will occasionally be shown during stoppages in play.
- There are new shooting follow-through animations that give you natural visual feedback on whether or not you're taking good/bad shots, which is helpful if you like to have the shot meter disabled.
- The new defensive meter will light up whenever you are in a good position to contest a shot.
- Manual instant replays now have several new options that are designed to help NBA 2K's video editing community.