Home
FIFA 16 News Post


EA Sports has just announced 16 Brazilian teams will be available in FIFA 16.

Quote:
The teams with authentic crests and club name are, Atlético-MG, Atlético-PR, Avaí, Coritiba, Chapecoense, Cruzeiro, Figueirense, Fluminense, Grêmio, Internacional, Joinville, Ponte Preta, Palmeiras, Santos, São Paulo, and Vasco da Gama. At launch, the 16 Brazilian teams will appear with authentic crests and kits. Updated player names and visuals will need an online* update when and if available.

All Brazilian teams in FIFA 16 are available in the Rest of the World team menu and will be playable in most game modes. In Career Mode, players on Brazilian clubs will be available in the transfer database for when fans want to acquire them for their campaign. In FIFA Ultimate Team™, players on Brazilian Clubs will become available after fans accept and download the update when and if available.

EA will release the full list of leagues and teams for FIFA 16 very soon.

Game: FIFA 16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
FIFA 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Yuss @ 09/11/15 05:39 PM
Is this the latest they have ever announced a full list of teams in the games? they must still be working on adding more teams
 
# 2 bad_philanthropy @ 09/11/15 05:52 PM
Wish they would have dumped them in a league format. Better than nothing though.
 
# 3 OpticalBR @ 09/11/15 05:57 PM
Rest of the World, f***ing unbelievable. I wouldn't mind to play with Sao Paulo with 4 generic teams, like in previous FIFA's
 
# 4 Murph @ 09/11/15 06:44 PM
Wow. This must've been really last minute. I, too would've preferred these teams be in their own league, but it's better than nothing. It's like how NYCFC and Orlando City showed up in 'Rest of the World' half way through the MLS season last year.
 
# 5 schnakenpopanz @ 09/11/15 07:11 PM
what the heck? this looks very chaotic.
 
# 6 HenryClay1844 @ 09/11/15 07:14 PM
If only they would have a team creation feature that worked for the current gens we could actually have the Brazilian league. I don't understand how EA just let Konami subvert EA's exclusive BLP license, but when Konami gets four Brazilian teams exclusive EA don't do anything to counter it.
 
# 7 SpritePuck @ 09/11/15 07:58 PM
I am cool with them in Rest of World... I would not use them in a CM and at least now can get their players on transfer. I get why some want them in a league though.

Licensing is the sports gamers worst enemy... They probs can't make a generic league due to the actual league but do not have the actual league license. Or something something lawyer stuff.

licensing
 
# 8 ZO @ 09/11/15 09:55 PM
The reason I assume its not in a league with or without other fake teams is due to how late they made the decision to add them. It was probably done in the past week, and the game is going to production runs this upcoming week. So they don't really have time to make major changes.

But at least they are there. You could swap all the Argentina teams out with these teams and pretend you are in Brazil, lol.
 
# 9 flo182 @ 09/12/15 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryClay1844
If only they would have a team creation feature that worked for the current gens we could actually have the Brazilian league. I don't understand how EA just let Konami subvert EA's exclusive BLP license, but when Konami gets four Brazilian teams exclusive EA don't do anything to counter it.
I also dont understand it...

And why is it sooo hard to give us some tools to edit/create leagues & teams. It's ridiculous...
 
# 10 razorkaos @ 09/12/15 11:09 AM
I have to say, it's better than nothing.

The problem is: You can't play the brazilian championship, and the two most popular teams of the country are not in the game (Corinthians and Flamengo). Sure, for most people outside Brazil, only the fact you can't play the Brazilian league is a problem, but i don't think many people outside Brazil actually care about this (i don't play the Brazilian league even being brazilian).

But the lack of Flamengo and Corinthians (plus Sport Recife and Goiás) is a major dealbreaker for lots of people here, as these are the teo teams with the biggest number of supporters.
 
# 11 bad_philanthropy @ 09/12/15 01:22 PM
You really have to look at it as a better than nothing situation. Konami really went aggressive for the licenses they got in Brazil, and at least we'll have a good crop of Brazilian players in CM and the FUT players will have them as well. More playable leagues are always a good thing, and I wish EA would have just made these teams playable in a league, but at least we have the added depth in the game and game modes because of the inclusion of these teams.
 
# 12 flo182 @ 09/12/15 02:12 PM
My problem with those players in CM is that if they're all free-agents then all the playable leagues will be flooded with brazilian players.
 
# 13 PeruvianPlaya954 @ 09/12/15 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flo182
My problem with those players in CM is that if they're all free-agents then all the playable leagues will be flooded with brazilian players.
So like real life.
 
# 14 PeruvianPlaya954 @ 09/12/15 03:27 PM
I do wonder, though, if someone like Paolo Guerrero will be in the game at all, like on Peru's national team.

He disappeared inexplicably a few weeks ago on FIFA 15's online roster for Peru, so maybe he won't be on in FIFA 16?

Things like this are why licensing sucks. If both games had freedom to license anything and everything, we would all be better off and could judge them solely off gameplay, modes, etc.
 
# 15 Smutka @ 09/13/15 09:22 AM
Ronaldinho in the game 10/10 news
 
# 16 Fabric @ 09/14/15 07:31 AM
I'm so happy that they at least added some new clubs! There are a lot of talented players running around in the Brazilian league, so this is great news for CM (especially for others like me, who like the challenge of building clubs from the ground up and prefer not to use the major European clubs and their massive payrolls). Of course, it would have been preferable if the Brazilian league itself had been added, but just having the clubs and their players in the game is great.

I guess there's a slim chance that they might have added some of the major European clubs to the game, i.e. those who have qualified for the group stages of CL/EL, or maybe some new men's national teams that weren't in '15; but I really wouldn't count on it. It would be awesome if they added Astana, Dynamo Kiev, BATE, Maccabi tel Aviv and Dinamo Zagreb, so we can have a Champions League group stage akin to the real one for the 15/16 season!
 
# 17 jaa1980 @ 09/15/15 02:22 PM
hmmmm, with EA access coming thursday, seems they would release this list before then. Hope they added more international teams.
 
# 18 Smutka @ 09/15/15 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabric
I'm so happy that they at least added some new clubs! There are a lot of talented players running around in the Brazilian league, so this is great news for CM (especially for others like me, who like the challenge of building clubs from the ground up and prefer not to use the major European clubs and their massive payrolls). Of course, it would have been preferable if the Brazilian league itself had been added, but just having the clubs and their players in the game is great.

I guess there's a slim chance that they might have added some of the major European clubs to the game, i.e. those who have qualified for the group stages of CL/EL, or maybe some new men's national teams that weren't in '15; but I really wouldn't count on it. It would be awesome if they added Astana, Dynamo Kiev, BATE, Maccabi tel Aviv and Dinamo Zagreb, so we can have a Champions League group stage akin to the real one for the 15/16 season!
Watching UCL and this is gotta get into FIFA such a beautiful tournament
 
# 19 jrose57 @ 09/15/15 10:17 PM
give us a list damn it
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.