Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post



Madden NFL 16, by most accounts, is the best Madden to date. Our review certainly was rather glowing.

But Madden certainly isn't perfect, and inevitably there will be a new game in a year. In your mind, before serious work begins on the next Madden and as ideas are tossed around -- what is the biggest need for improvement with next year's game?

Vote in our poll and certainly leave a comment with what you think Madden NFL 17 should focus on!

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 23 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 GrayDawg @ 09/07/15 09:46 AM
Franchise mode is seriously needed. Developing players on practice squads and having a waiver system would be a great addition. Commentary is sorely needed but also bring back the radio show. Think about it we could have something like Jim Rome talking with players about issues in our current season as we play our CFM's. CFM and presentation needs to go hand in hand.
 
# 2 SGMRock @ 09/07/15 10:01 AM
Franchise for sure. For years we have asked for more depth. The player development still is not very good. Like the post above me I believe they need to have a way to have a practice squad and develop people on there. People complained that Madden 25 practice way of getting XP was too easy but at the same time you at least could get XP for your 2nd and 3rd stringers. As it is now I'm not sure you can develop a 2nd or 3rd string player with this current system.

No waiver system and also the fact that they seem to purge all the releases by the other teams in preseason is a big draw back on the current Franchise mode. I mean I can't even go to Free Agents and find rookies cut by other teams that may be better than mine because the Free Agent database seems to delete them all or filter them out, one or the other.

One last thing if they want to continue to use this in game goal type of system to get confidence and experience I believe they need to make it more generic. Its really silly to have to specifically get a sack with 1 player or specifically get a TFL with 1 player. They should make these goals more of a generic defensive or offensive goal. Something like get a sack on this drive to stall the opponent or score at least 3 points on this drive to get on the board early. Something along those lines I could be on-board with, but the current system I feel like it forces you to play a way you don't want to if you want to be able to get XP for your team during games. If you ignore all these in game minigame XP/Confidence items then you are going to be in even worse shape with this years progression system.
 
# 3 dmanmusic @ 09/07/15 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayDawg
Franchise mode is seriously needed. Developing players on practice squads and having a waiver system would be a great addition. Commentary is sorely needed but also bring back the radio show. Think about it we could have something like Jim Rome talking with players about issues in our current season as we play our CFM's. CFM and presentation needs to go hand in hand.
Indeed your right
 
# 4 KennyJ1976 @ 09/07/15 10:25 AM
All sports games need to swallow their pride, get a copy of NBA 2K and take notes on how to create a real franchise mode from a presentation standpoint and as a game mode as a whole. Also, it's way passed due for sports games to have multiple commentary crews. I wouldn't care if they were authentic commentators or voice actors, as long as they do a decent enough job of calling the action. I say decent because Nantz and Simms right now are only decent at best. My ideal number would be 3 crews, one for the AFC, one for the NFC, and one for Sunday and Monday night games, and they could alternative for Super Bowls.
 
# 5 rudeworld @ 09/07/15 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
Franchise for sure. For years we have asked for more depth. The player development still is not very good. Like the post above me I believe they need to have a way to have a practice squad and develop people on there. People complained that Madden 25 practice way of getting XP was too easy but at the same time you at least could get XP for your 2nd and 3rd stringers. As it is now I'm not sure you can develop a 2nd or 3rd string player with this current system.

No waiver system and also the fact that they seem to purge all the releases by the other teams in preseason is a big draw back on the current Franchise mode. I mean I can't even go to Free Agents and find rookies cut by other teams that may be better than mine because the Free Agent database seems to delete them all or filter them out, one or the other.

One last thing if they want to continue to use this in game goal type of system to get confidence and experience I believe they need to make it more generic. Its really silly to have to specifically get a sack with 1 player or specifically get a TFL with 1 player. They should make these goals more of a generic defensive or offensive goal. Something like get a sack on this drive to stall the opponent or score at least 3 points on this drive to get on the board early. Something along those lines I could be on-board with, but the current system I feel like it forces you to play a way you don't want to if you want to be able to get XP for your team during games. If you ignore all these in game minigame XP/Confidence items then you are going to be in even worse shape with this years progression system.
Unfortunately EA is not concerned about the sim guys like us or else features like these would be in. Instead the fill the game with arcade type features such as playing with mascots. EASPORTS as a whole seems to have lost their identity of "if it's in the game...it's in the game". They've gone for gimmicks.... every year it's adding some mess from the previous real NFL to grab our attention... adding Drew Brees emotional hype... adding the announcer... to this year adding more animations to the receivers and DBS, their is only one ODB!!! Get back to the simple things. .. fix the franchise mode and the announcers. Then you might bring me back to the game. Other then that it's simply putting makeup on a pig.
 
# 6 capt3031 @ 09/07/15 10:27 AM
Franchis by far.. it kills me we still can't hire a coaching staff like an offensive coordinator/defensive and not having training camps and draft workouts

I think madden was on to something in 2012 with Peyton Hillis on the cover but then totally scrapped the franchise from us and gave us connected careers
 
# 7 NYJin2011tm @ 09/07/15 10:31 AM
Jim Rome? I might shoot myself! Jay Glazer would be better!
 
# 8 SolidSquid @ 09/07/15 10:32 AM
From a gameplay perspective: get ends and lbs to actually rush and turn the corner, real pocket formation, better defensive AI, real gap control and techniques.
 
# 9 dorian813 @ 09/07/15 10:35 AM
For me it's the player rating system. I do believe that Julio Jones is a strong guy but having his strength at a 70 is crazy, he's stronger then some 3-4 LB's which isn't reality. I do believe that Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson have lost a step but making them slower then most of the pass catching TE's in the league is crazy. It's just time to get more in depth and next gen with the rating system and the player ratings. Vontae Davis had a great year with the Colts but there defensive system had a lot to do with it. Vontae Davis is a 95 and Patrick Peterson is an 89 but Vontae shouldn't be a 95 in the first place.
 
# 10 rudeworld @ 09/07/15 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyJ1976
All sports games need to swallow their pride, get a copy of NBA 2K and take notes on how to create a real franchise mode from a presentation standpoint and as a game mode as a whole. Also, it's way passed due for sports games to have multiple commentary crews. I wouldn't care if they were authentic commentators or voice actors, as long as they do a decent enough job of calling the action. I say decent because Nantz and Simms right now are only decent at best. My ideal number would be 3 crews, one for the AFC, one for the NFC, and one for Sunday and Monday night games, and they could alternative for Super Bowls.
I couldn't agree more... maddens presentation is so far behind the other games it's ridiculous.
 
# 11 snc237 @ 09/07/15 11:07 AM
I voted for presentation, however franchise could use a massive update as well.. I more less given up on franchise. It was sooo good in 2005 and hasn't been close to that since. Presentation however is pretty far behind, 2k basketball has it down and NFL 2k5 (ya Im bring that up), I loved the highlight show and stuff. It was amazing at the time and I so wish madden would finally do something as awesome as that. Heck even NHL that has a wayyy smaller team has a beautiful presentation. However if they keep improving the gameplay like they are I won't complain, madden on the field is fun again which I haven't been able to truly say since the PS2 days.
 
# 12 ch46647 @ 09/07/15 11:10 AM
Overhaul the motion and locomotion system. (Foot planting, momentum, acceleration/de-celeration, running animations, multiple running animations for different body types)
 
# 13 Cbouligny1 @ 09/07/15 11:10 AM
Franchise mode. Still don't understand why there hasn't been a practice squad in Madden. We need that for sure. A waiver system would be nice as well. Also, realistic contracts. Elite players asking for elite contracts. As well as restructuring contracts would be a plus as well.
 
# 14 Lisac @ 09/07/15 11:20 AM
Def Franchise Mode! It starts with them needing to bring back 1 button 32 team control, than locking depth charts, and player formation subs ( these 3 were all in older versions and should've never been taken out) And than what the other guys have said in this post. Plus give us more stadiums and uni options if we relocate our team!
 
# 15 Number999 @ 09/07/15 11:24 AM
I'm telling you... if Franchise Mode was given the respect it deserves for offline and online gamers, Madden would truly be a top-tier sports video game. Perhaps I'm old-fashioned, but a strong franchise/dynasty mode is always the foundation of what takes games to the next level. Yea you can have your gimmicks and your my player's which can be fun, but nothing compares to taking over your own team and trying to build them into a dynasty. If it was solid at it's core, no one would have an issue with Madden trying to keep pushing MUT.... it's just that right now, it 100% feels like they're ok to dismiss franchise modes in favor of it.
 
# 16 asu666 @ 09/07/15 11:25 AM
Presentation - More in-game news from around the league, more graphic overlays, better commentary, a better half-time show, and

Quality testing
 
# 17 Cowboy008 @ 09/07/15 11:30 AM
Franchise mode needs a big upgrade. You need to feel like you're apart of the league and not just playing one game. You should have players holding out for more money or demanding a trade, We should be able to pick who we want to be captains, A ticker at the bottom of the screen while you're playing giving you updates on the other games going on at the same time as yours and also giving you stats from around the league, Add Offensive and Defensive coordinators and be able to promote one of them to be your head coach, Give the ability to edit players equipment whose not on your team, Add practice squads into the game, Instead of the twitter feed and all that stuff maybe go with the NFL.com layout.
 
# 18 khaliib @ 09/07/15 11:38 AM
Bugs that hamper the game in general is a must, but to me Madden being the only football game "must" do something that makes it surpass what other sports games have done this far.
The past 10-15 years of improvements have been compared against what the previous Madden's have looked like.

To me, write AI code that will truly challenge the "Simulation" gamer, as well as, the fun factor for the "Casual" gamer.

Simulation as in, the AI will adapt to how you call plays for certain situations, exploit areas where it (AI) has a better player than yours during a matchup, an AI that will seek to put its star players in situations against you to win matchup and ultimately, the game.
Others could add to this I'm sure.

Madden is simply at a stage of its life where it "must" separate Simulation play from Casual play, and no longer try and mesh them together because one will always hamper the other.

With the advent of digital downloads and the storage capacity of these NG Systems, having an "Option" to choose what AI Code to use as the foundation for gameplay type shouldn't be too far fetched.

So for me, AI Code is the area that needs the biggest improvement/change.
 
# 19 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 09/07/15 11:39 AM
Franchise mode (see NBA 2K16 & take notes)

Sidelines need a massive upgrade (no more high socks, all players wearing the same facemask, players not having names on the back of their jerseys, etc...) Add cheerleaders too

Presentation across the board (updates, highlights from games around the league, weekly wrap up show, etc..)

Physics still need work (still too sloppy at times, RB's arms still bend behind their back with the ball stuck in their hand, defenders still fall to the ground like rag dolls on gang tackles at times, etc..)

Transitional animations need work

Blocking AI logic still needs major work

True Step for all 22 players (also stop the refs from ice skating all over the field)

RB's need their own specific animation packages so that not all RB's are able to pull off the same moves (big power backs should not be pulling of spin moves like Barry Sanders etc..)

Custom Camera Option (let us be able to adjust any camera view)
 
# 20 goalieump413 @ 09/07/15 11:43 AM
Yes, I voted for FRANCHISE, but I'd love them to focus on realistic financials. Everything from roster development, to salary caps, to PUP lists, to realistic player contract negotiations.

It's too weird to have to interpret what occurs IRL vs what occurs in the game. It might be hard, but please, PLEASE take care of Francise. Even if you call it something other than CFM next time.
 

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.