Home
NHL 16 News Post


EA Sports has released their NHL 16 player ratings for the top 10 left wingers in the game, along with screenshots of each one of them in action.

The team looked at puck skills, senses, shooting, defense, skating, and physicality when deciding their overall rating. Check them out below and post your thoughts.

1. Alex Ovechkin – (Overall Rating - 93)
2. Jamie Benn – (Overall Rating - 92)
3. Taylor Hall – (Overall Rating - 90)
4. Zach Parise – (Overall Rating - 90)
5. Max Pacioretty – (Overall Rating - 89)
6. Gabriel Landeskog – (Overall Rating - 89)
7. Patrick Marleau – (Overall Rating - 88)
8. Andrew Ladd – (Overall Rating - 88)
9. Alex Steen – (Overall Rating - 88)
10. Patrick Sharp – (Overall Rating - 88)

Previously released NHL 16 player ratings:

NHL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NHL 16Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
NHL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Moose24x @ 08/31/15 03:14 PM
Nobody is within one rating point of Ovechkin. Benn should be 90. Hall should be 88. Everyone else should slide down accordingly after that. Marceau and Sharp are not 88s by a long shot. Ladd probably isn't either. Max could stay 89. Parise and Landeskog should probably be 88s.

Ovie- 93
Benn- 90
Patches- 89
Hall- 88
Steen- 88
Landeskog- 88
Parise- 88
Ladd- 87
Marleau- 86
Sharp- 84
 
# 2 Moose Factory @ 08/31/15 03:36 PM
At least most of the faces are updated. Looking forward to seeing the Centers.
 
# 3 Moose24x @ 08/31/15 03:47 PM
Benn still looks terrible. Overly fat and no facial hair at all. Ladd, Parise, Hall and Sharp are still old scans. Ovie, Patches, Steen, Marleau (?) and Landeskog got updates. Wish they were consistent and updated everyone. It's NHL 2016 and we still have to guess how the players will look. Looks like OEL still has a generic face.
 
# 4 TheCloser @ 08/31/15 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose24x
Nobody is within one rating point of Ovechkin. Benn should be 90. Hall should be 88. Everyone else should slide down accordingly after that. Marceau and Sharp are not 88s by a long shot. Ladd probably isn't either. Max could stay 89. Parise and Landeskog should probably be 88s.

Ovie- 93
Benn- 90
Patches- 89
Hall- 88
Steen- 88
Landeskog- 88
Parise- 88
Ladd- 87
Marleau- 86
Sharp- 84
The ratings are telling me all I need to know about this game. The fact that there are left wingers within a 5 point rating of Ovechkin is concerning. Ovechkin is a generational talent and Jamie Benn is a talent? Sorry, these 2 are not even close at all. Taylor Hall's rating is also laughable.
 
# 5 Simple Mathematics @ 08/31/15 04:46 PM
While I agree with you guys that there are many overrated players, I have to disagree with the Jamie Benn hate. The guy has put together 2 straight awesome seasons, with last year being particularly exceptional. Watching Stars games last year I saw Benn become more of a complete package. He obviously has great offensive abilities. But he also is a good 2-way player and can use his body quite well like a power forward.

I agree that Ovechkin should be rated higher. But in my opinion it isn't a huge margin like some of you guys are saying.
 
# 6 AdamJones113 @ 08/31/15 04:51 PM
What Simple said. Benn is an excellent player but he's more of a complete player than Ovechkin. Remember, Seguin wasn't the superstar he is now when he was on Boston.

Ovechkin—94 (undoubted top, incredible sniper and improved his two-way game last year)
Benn—91, but through EA's weighting a 92
Next best would probably be a 90 at most, more like an 89.
 
# 7 Moose24x @ 08/31/15 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics
While I agree with you guys that there are many overrated players, I have to disagree with the Jamie Benn hate. The guy has put together 2 straight awesome seasons, with last year being particularly exceptional. Watching Stars games last year I saw Benn become more of a complete package. He obviously has great offensive abilities. But he also is a good 2-way player and can use his body quite well like a power forward.

I agree that Ovechkin should be rated higher. But in my opinion it isn't a huge margin like some of you guys are saying.
Where is the Benn hate? I rated him at 90, second highest LW in the game, only 3 points behind Ovechkin, a generational goal scorer. That's the same gap Adam has, he just bumped each up 1 point. I love Jamie Benn. I'm stationed outside of Dallas so the stars are my adopted team.
 
# 8 AdamJones113 @ 08/31/15 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose24x
Where is the Benn hate? I rated him at 90, second highest LW in the game, only 3 points behind Ovechkin, a generational goal scorer. That's the same gap Adam has, he just bumped each up 1 point. I love Jamie Benn. I'm stationed outside of Dallas so the stars are my adopted team.
Nah, don't think he was talking about your ratings. More the other opinion given.
 
# 9 Yuss @ 08/31/15 07:50 PM
I don't think their should be a huge gap between two players who produced almost identical point numbers for the past two years
 
# 10 TheCloser @ 08/31/15 09:00 PM
It might be the fact that I value goals more than assists so despite them having the similar point totals, I do not feel that they are the same. It is possible to score without anyone assisting. It is not possible to assist without anyone scoring. I don't think that Jamie Benn is a bad player, I just think he can't be compared to Ovechkin. My biggest problem with assists in the nhl is that secondary assists are given. To make matters worse, secondary assists carry the same weight towards your point total as a goal. If you pass the puck to Ovechkin at center ice and he dekes two players and score, you still get an assist. To me, that is farcical. Again, I'm looking at this from a different point of view. In European soccer for example, you are only given an assist when you put a player in a better position to score. If that rule where put in place in the nhl, the inflated point totals would drop severely. The elimination of bogus assists would be beneficial to the nhl in many ways.
 
# 11 Madwolf @ 08/31/15 09:34 PM
I thought Daniel Sedin would sneak in there near the bottom of the Top 10.
 
# 12 mkilcNYR @ 09/01/15 09:05 AM
Ovechkin looks like a caveman or a zombie in that screenshot. Eek
 
# 13 BearishRiggs @ 09/01/15 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilcNYR
Ovechkin looks like a caveman or a zombie in that screenshot. Eek
Have you seen the real Ovechkin? Dude's an ogre.
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.