Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post


The official weekly MLB 15 The Show roster update is available now. The update adds 11 players and includes 155 player movements.

Daddy Leagues have posted the attribute changes for the roster update, some of the changes include Zack Greinke +1 (95), Max Scherzer -1 (94), Yoenis Cespedes +1 (86), Junichi Tazawa +2 (84), Kris Medlen +4 (83), Hanley Ramirez -5 (82), Justin Verlander +5 (82), Francisco Lindor +5 (81), Miguel Sano +4 (81), Carson Smith -1 (81), Mike Fiers +5 (80) and more.

Check out all of the other details below.


Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Teirminator @ 08/31/15 09:18 AM
I wonder if they'll ever give some love to Eovaldi? Kids been lights out for months now. And they introduced Greg Bird as one of the lowest rated rookies. A 59. Almost all the rookies start at 62-63. He hasn't been lighting it up, but he's held his own in MLB. He tore up the minors offensively and was voted by opposing managers as the best defensive 1B in the league.

And of all the Yankees to boost, +5 to Capuano is just so random.
 
# 2 theu715 @ 08/31/15 09:26 AM
This game doesn't focus on defensive statistics well enough. Defensive ratings seem to go slightly off of popularity, hype, and what they project for a person to start the season. There's no real update on defensive stats or good analysis on it. I'm beating a dead horse on this forum, but Kevin Kiermaier in Tampa is the best defender in baseball right now. He has over 10 runs saved above any other defenders. Is lightening fast on the bases and in the field, but doesn't steal a lot. Has a cannon of an arm and most of the time very accurate and has lower stats in most defensive areas then Desmond Jennings in the game and is only rated a 74 speed. He's faster then guys like Trout as well. This part of the game is very frustrating for me, because I'm not a great hitter and I look for guys that can play great defense. He's one I want to use, but there's no point because there are way better options based on the game.
 
# 3 Jays fan 16 @ 08/31/15 09:44 AM
This game continues to amaze me in all the wrong ways. So apparently Cespedes has done enough to get to an 86 but Encarnacion hasn't? 35 RBI's this month and 3 Hr, 9RBI's in one game, not to mention he hit another HR yesterday. Also, Kevin Pillar has had a gold glove type season in Center field yet in my opinion his defensive stats are too low. Its like the makers of this game don't even watch baseball.
 
# 4 RevisIsland24 @ 08/31/15 10:23 AM
I really don't get how these roster updates work. How hasn't Arrieta gotten an update yet?
 
# 5 bigdipper88 @ 08/31/15 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teirminator
I wonder if they'll ever give some love to Eovaldi? Kids been lights out for months now. And they introduced Greg Bird as one of the lowest rated rookies. A 59. Almost all the rookies start at 62-63. He hasn't been lighting it up, but he's held his own in MLB. He tore up the minors offensively and was voted by opposing managers as the best defensive 1B in the league.

And of all the Yankees to boost, +5 to Capuano is just so random.
Don't let Eovaldi's 14-2 record fool you. He has an E.R.A. over 4 and his whip is 1.44, not very good at all. He also isn't much of a strikeout pitcher even though he has the highest average fastball for starting pitchers this season.
 
# 6 Jros22 @ 08/31/15 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays fan 16
This game continues to amaze me in all the wrong ways. So apparently Cespedes has done enough to get to an 86 but Encarnacion hasn't? 35 RBI's this month and 3 Hr, 9RBI's in one game, not to mention he hit another HR yesterday. Also, Kevin Pillar has had a gold glove type season in Center field yet in my opinion his defensive stats are too low. Its like the makers of this game don't even watch baseball.
You shouldn't measure players by OVR because every position rates different, attributes it's what matters and Encarnacion has high offensive attributes but he is a DH and has low fielding which is one of the reasons his OVR is not higher, on the other hand Cespedes is not only hitting good but also plays decent defense on a premium position.
 
# 7 Jros22 @ 08/31/15 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theu715
This game doesn't focus on defensive statistics well enough. Defensive ratings seem to go slightly off of popularity, hype, and what they project for a person to start the season. There's no real update on defensive stats or good analysis on it. I'm beating a dead horse on this forum, but Kevin Kiermaier in Tampa is the best defender in baseball right now. He has over 10 runs saved above any other defenders. Is lightening fast on the bases and in the field, but doesn't steal a lot. Has a cannon of an arm and most of the time very accurate and has lower stats in most defensive areas then Desmond Jennings in the game and is only rated a 74 speed. He's faster then guys like Trout as well. This part of the game is very frustrating for me, because I'm not a great hitter and I look for guys that can play great defense. He's one I want to use, but there's no point because there are way better options based on the game.
Check my thread about speed rating edits:


http://www.operationsports.com/forums/mlb-show-rosters/849472-speed-ratings.html
 
# 8 mickeykoke @ 08/31/15 11:28 AM
Still no Colin Rea or Travis Jankowski? Fail.
 
# 9 chiwhitesoxGOSOX @ 08/31/15 01:06 PM
Everyone stop complaining. I'm sure Encarnacion and Arrieta will get an update in the next update. I mean dam these ppl do so much for this game and put their hearts into it and there is all these ppl complaining. I mean Arrieta just threw his no-no. It takes time for them to update these players which is why I believe Arrieta will get updated in the next one.
 
# 10 chiwhitesoxGOSOX @ 08/31/15 01:11 PM
Every week its someone different. First its complaining about Correa not getting updated. They update him. Then it's complaining about Sano and Lindor. They update them. Just give them time ppl and they will be updated.
 
# 11 theu715 @ 08/31/15 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jros22
Check my thread about speed rating edits:


http://www.operationsports.com/forums/mlb-show-rosters/849472-speed-ratings.html
You're spot on with KK's speed rating there. I don't think he's a 99, but you're going to be hard pressed to find someone faster and more aggressive from a baseball standpoint. The other issue is his underrated defensive stats in the game that are keeping him down and to top it all off he's on a tear at the plate over the past couple weeks. I can live with his numbers offensively how they are, but if he's defensive and speed stats were to where they should be, I'd be starting him in CF for my DD team over Loften or Cutch.
 
# 12 bigdipper88 @ 08/31/15 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theu715
You're spot on with KK's speed rating there. I don't think he's a 99, but you're going to be hard pressed to find someone faster and more aggressive from a baseball standpoint. The other issue is his underrated defensive stats in the game that are keeping him down and to top it all off he's on a tear at the plate over the past couple weeks. I can live with his numbers offensively how they are, but if he's defensive and speed stats were to where they should be, I'd be starting him in CF for my DD team over Loften or Cutch.
Peter Bourjos is up there, definitely
 
# 13 theu715 @ 08/31/15 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdipper88
Peter Bourjos is up there, definitely
No other CF is playing defense like him this year. Last I saw he was +12 runs saved over the second best guy in all of baseball. After I said the stuff about him this morning too he goes out and makes the best HR robbing catch in a loooooong time tonight against Machado. It's in this video section http://m.rays.mlb.com/video/?affiliateId=clubMEGAMENU
 
# 14 monteith @ 08/31/15 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdipper88
Don't let Eovaldi's 14-2 record fool you. He has an E.R.A. over 4 and his whip is 1.44, not very good at all. He also isn't much of a strikeout pitcher even though he has the highest average fastball for starting pitchers this season.
Eovaldi has been the beneficiary of some great run support, no doubt. That is certainly the main reason for that W-L record. However, as someone who watches the Yankees everyday, I can attest that he is a vastly-improved pitcher over the last two months. The biggest change is his confidence in his splitter. He'll throw it in any count, which makes that 100 mph heat that much more effective. He definitely deserves a boost in the game. Last time I checked, he's still rated lower than C.C.
 
# 15 bigdipper88 @ 08/31/15 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theu715
No other CF is playing defense like him this year. Last I saw he was +12 runs saved over the second best guy in all of baseball. After I said the stuff about him this morning too he goes out and makes the best HR robbing catch in a loooooong time tonight against Machado. It's in this video section http://m.rays.mlb.com/video/?affiliateId=clubMEGAMENU
I meant Bourjos is definitely up there in terms of fastest players in baseball, no doubt about it
 
# 16 Jros22 @ 08/31/15 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theu715
No other CF is playing defense like him this year. Last I saw he was +12 runs saved over the second best guy in all of baseball. After I said the stuff about him this morning too he goes out and makes the best HR robbing catch in a loooooong time tonight against Machado. It's in this video section http://m.rays.mlb.com/video/?affiliateId=clubMEGAMENU
I just uploaded my roster with the speed rating edits, stances, transactions, check the roster thread:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...er-update.html

Kevin Kiermaier speed and defense was edited in my roster
 
# 17 theu715 @ 09/01/15 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jros22
I just uploaded my roster with the speed rating edits, stances, transactions, check the roster thread:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...er-update.html

Kevin Kiermaier speed and defense was edited in my roster
Yeah, he's edited on the OSFM as well. It's like that on my franchise, but it doesn't help with DD. that's what I've been playing morr
 
# 18 mprattico2 @ 09/01/15 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monteith
Eovaldi has been the beneficiary of some great run support, no doubt. That is certainly the main reason for that W-L record. However, as someone who watches the Yankees everyday, I can attest that he is a vastly-improved pitcher over the last two months. The biggest change is his confidence in his splitter. He'll throw it in any count, which makes that 100 mph heat that much more effective. He definitely deserves a boost in the game. Last time I checked, he's still rated lower than C.C.
I agree. I am a Yankees fan also. I don't think we're asking for him to be an 85...however I do still a 79 even an 80 given he does still have 14 wins is reasonable. Also, it's not just Nathan. I feel ever since I got the show 15 the Yankees ratings have been below their norms. The pitchers don't have the correct pitches they throw, their speeds aren't even close to accurate. As for the hitters...Ellsbury and Gardner have had decent years. I might be bias because Jacoby is my favorite player but .270/.280 avg is the new .300 and he plays unreal defense every game. 84 is too low. and 66 against lefties.. Lastly, tanaka is a great pitcher. Yes he has had a weird up and down year but to go from 91 to 85... when he is still 10-6 with a below 3.60 ERA isn't right. And he is back to throwing 93-94 consistency. Please update this. I don't get what the show has against the YANKEES.

o, and miller went down to an 86... and adam warren still has a potential of D, yet is rated 79 and having a great year. I just don't understand. There r people out there that would take the time to make every player as accurate as possible. If people dont want to give 100 percent to their job. Please contact someone that will.

Overall, besides ratings its a great game.
 
# 19 RevisIsland24 @ 09/01/15 07:45 PM
Will they ever change Cespedes' number?
 
# 20 mprattico2 @ 09/01/15 07:59 PM
this game hates NY teams ... I don't know why..

Hoping for a subway series 15'
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.