Home
NHL 16 News Post


EA Sports has released their NHL 16 player ratings for the top 10 right wingers in the game, along with screenshots of each one of them in action.

The team looked at puck skills, senses, shooting, defense, skating, and physicality when deciding their overall rating. Check them out below and post your thoughts.

1. Corey Perry (Overall Rating - 92)
2. Patrick Kane (Overall Rating - 92)
3. Vladimir Tarasenko (Overall Rating - 91)
4. Jakub Voracek (Overall Rating - 90)
5. Marian Hossa (Overall Rating - 90)
6. Phil Kessel (Overall Rating - 89)
7. Rick Nash (Overall Rating - 89)
8. Blake Wheeler (Overall Rating - 89)
9. Kyle Okposo (Overall Rating - 88)
10. Jiri Hudler (Overall Rating - 88)

Previously released NHL 16 player ratings:

NHL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NHL 16Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
NHL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Moose24x @ 08/30/15 07:11 PM
Why. Is. Rick. Nash. Clean. Shaven?

Why?


Players who ARE clean shaven in real life, like Hedman, were given stubble and such. Seguin was given his beard. Why the hell is Rick Nash still baby faced like its 2005?
 
# 2 BearishRiggs @ 08/30/15 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose24x
Why. Is. Rick. Nash. Clean. Shaven?

Why?


Players who ARE clean shaven in real life, like Hedman, were given stubble and such. Seguin was given his beard. Why the hell is Rick Nash still baby faced like its 2005?
http://3.cdn.nhle.com/photos/mugs/8470041.jpg
 
# 3 Moose24x @ 08/30/15 08:25 PM
That's not relevant. Everyone who watches hockey knows he is not clean shaven during the season. His character model looks awful.
 
# 4 BearishRiggs @ 08/30/15 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose24x
That's not relevant. Everyone who watches hockey knows he is not clean shaven during the season. His character model looks awful.
As a Ranger fan I'm fairly certain he was clean shaven for a lot of this past season, but whatever, I don't watch hockey I guess.
 
# 5 Moose24x @ 08/31/15 12:18 AM
Okay. You're a Rangers fan. You think Rick Nash, any time during his tenure as a Ranger, does he come to mind clean shaven or with a beard? The semantics are so tiring. The guy's character model looks terrible and I, as a Rangers fan, dislike playing with the Rangers because they're star forward looks terrible in the game. We all know Nash typically has at least a short beard these past 5+ years or so.
 
# 6 BearishRiggs @ 08/31/15 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose24x
Okay. You're a Rangers fan. You think Rick Nash, any time during his tenure as a Ranger, does he come to mind clean shaven or with a beard? The semantics are so tiring. The guy's character model looks terrible and I, as a Rangers fan, dislike playing with the Rangers because they're star forward looks terrible in the game. We all know Nash typically has at least a short beard these past 5+ years or so.
If semantics tire you then nit-picking should do the same, especially now that playoff beards are a thing. At least he looks like himself, I'm more concerned about the player models who bare zero resemblance to their RL counterparts.
 
# 7 Moose24x @ 08/31/15 02:05 AM
Nitpicking usually does bore me. I haven't used the Rangers for GM mode in years though, essentially because of Nash lacking a beard. It just frustrates me that they still haven't added it. Guys like Havlat and Thornton, back in the day had there's added. Now tons of players are getting updated scans. I just wanted something more recent for Nash. You can tell he's a lot younger in his scan, as even clean shaven, he's thinner looking now and it just bothers me for some reason trying to play as the Rangers with him.
 
# 8 Any23Time @ 08/31/15 03:06 AM
Hmmmm.. Hawks haven't said what player is taking over the "A" yet since Sharpy is gone. EA may know something we don't, wonder if Kaner really is the new assistant captain. Cause that pic clearly has him as the new "A" for the Hawks.
 
# 9 NYRangers31 @ 08/31/15 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose24x
Nitpicking usually does bore me. I haven't used the Rangers for GM mode in years though, essentially because of Nash lacking a beard.
This is insane to me.
 
# 10 onlybygrace @ 08/31/15 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers31
This is insane to me.
Same here. I thought this was a thread about ratings, anyways.
 
# 11 Sneaktip @ 08/31/15 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose24x
Okay. You're a Rangers fan. You think Rick Nash, any time during his tenure as a Ranger, does he come to mind clean shaven or with a beard? The semantics are so tiring. The guy's character model looks terrible and I, as a Rangers fan, dislike playing with the Rangers because they're star forward looks terrible in the game. We all know Nash typically has at least a short beard these past 5+ years or so.
I was trying to recall his face. It's hard to remember because the playoffs are the last thing I watched, and he was mostly invisible. He'd do great in a stealth game.
 
# 12 Toewsface @ 09/01/15 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Any23Time
Hmmmm.. Hawks haven't said what player is taking over the "A" yet since Sharpy is gone. EA may know something we don't, wonder if Kaner really is the new assistant captain. Cause that pic clearly has him as the new "A" for the Hawks.
I doubt it especially given the current allegations surrounding Kane. It's more likely that EA's algorithm assigns empty captainship vacancies on the team's highest rated skater. My guess is the new assistant captain will be either Seabrook (if they think they can resign him), Hossa, or Hjatlmarsson.
 
# 13 IHadAlexisTexas @ 09/01/15 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose24x
I, as a Rangers fan, dislike playing with the Rangers because they're star forward looks terrible in the game.
Yikes. How do you handle the real problems with the game?
 
# 14 Moose24x @ 09/01/15 02:00 PM
There's things that are simple quick fixes and things you realize they're never going to fix. Since I only play GM I only encounter the problems in that game mode. I only really play to be fully immersed in a franchise. In the case of, for example, Jori Lehtera who they gave face #1 to (dark skin and hair), I will move EAs version of him to a national team and create my own version that looks more like him. I do this for a player or two per team usually because some faces are just awful. There isn't anyway to make a more realistic looking Nash and it's just bothered me for a long time. It's like a pet peeve or irrational tick. I just can't believe he still looks so young and baby faced in the game in 2016.
 
# 15 SpritePuck @ 10/07/15 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose24x
Why. Is. Rick. Nash. Clean. Shaven?

Why?


Players who ARE clean shaven in real life, like Hedman, were given stubble and such. Seguin was given his beard. Why the hell is Rick Nash still baby faced like its 2005?
Why not simply edit him and give him a beard?
 
# 16 Moose24x @ 10/07/15 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpritePuck
Why not simply edit him and give him a beard?
Now that it's an option it's become a non-issue. One of the first things I did. Wasn't aware we'd be able to adjust actual beards when the list came out.
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.