Home
NHL 16 News Post

NHL 16 continues to build on their authentic arenas and atmosphere with signature effects and well known props throughout the league. Check out a few examples in the images below.



Anaheim Ducks – Honda Center

During the NHL Playoffs, Anaheim fans will ‘Paint It Orange’ at the Honda Center.



Boston Bruins – TD Garden

At the start of home games, fans at the TD Garden will pass around a large Boston*Bruins*flag throughout the arena.



Colorado Avalanche – Pepsi Center

During the pregame warmup, the intro prop in Colorado will now lift into the rafters before the puck drops at center ice.


Los Angeles Kings – Staples Center


The 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions have had their in-arena banners updated to show off their most recent accolades.



St. Louis Blues – Scottrade Center

After the Blues score in the Scottrade Center, LED lights will animate from the stanchions behind the net and fog will fire from the center ice scoreboard.

If you missed the previously announced arena atmosphere details, check them out below.NHL 16 arrives on September 15 for Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Game: NHL 16Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
NHL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Simple Mathematics @ 08/29/15 04:14 PM
They need 5-man hug celebrations back in the game. That St. Louis Blues screenshot looks awkward. They just scored, 2 of their players are ecstatic, and 3 of their other players do not seem to give a crap.
 
# 2 THESHAMISASHAME @ 08/29/15 04:41 PM
Arenas look great I just hope we are able to zoom to all areas to be able to see everything !
 
# 3 porkys8077 @ 08/29/15 05:25 PM
Looks awesome.
 
# 4 DylanBetts23 @ 08/29/15 06:28 PM
Love how the Blues arena looks, but like someone said before me, why no group celebrations?

It looks..odd.
 
# 5 MizzouRah @ 08/29/15 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanBetts23
Love how the Blues arena looks, but like someone said before me, why no group celebrations?

It looks..odd.
Does look odd and would have really sealed up the overall look/feel of the game for 16. Maybe they can patch it in?
 
# 6 jyoung @ 08/29/15 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanBetts23
Love how the Blues arena looks, but like someone said before me, why no group celebrations?

It looks..odd.
The celebration system that they're using right now is limited to 2-person animations.

Occasionally, though, a 3rd person can sneak into the celebration:

 
# 7 DylanBetts23 @ 08/29/15 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Does look odd and would have really sealed up the overall look/feel of the game for 16. Maybe they can patch it in?
I would hope so.

Though last year they never did..
 
# 8 jake19ny @ 08/29/15 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics
They need 5-man hug celebrations back in the game. That St. Louis Blues screenshot looks awkward. They just scored, 2 of their players are ecstatic, and 3 of their other players do not seem to give a crap.
I've said this repeatedly, all the graphical improvements they made take a major hit because of this. It's so simple too...When a goal is scored the whole team celebrates, mainly all the guys on the ice. When you score in this game usually the guy closest to you skates away, another guy jumps in your back, and then the camera pans out showing three guys skating away like nothing happened. Ruins everything they did visually
 
# 9 Yzerman101 @ 08/30/15 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
I've said this repeatedly, all the graphical improvements they made take a major hit because of this. It's so simple too...When a goal is scored the whole team celebrates, mainly all the guys on the ice. When you score in this game usually the guy closest to you skates away, another guy jumps in your back, and then the camera pans out showing three guys skating away like nothing happened. Ruins everything they did visually

Exactly you nailed it!!this is so frustrating,the feeling when you score should be much much better!!
 
# 10 franch1se @ 08/30/15 01:21 PM
Staples Center is still wrong....oh well
 
# 11 onlybygrace @ 08/30/15 03:49 PM
It's sheer laziness...that's all there is to it. Why it's not worth their time is beyond me. But hey, we got mascots!!!
 
# 12 DylanBetts23 @ 08/30/15 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
It's sheer laziness...that's all there is to it. Why it's not worth their time is beyond me. But hey, we got mascots!!!
Thank god we can see Louie being annoying as always!
 
# 13 huntt26 @ 08/31/15 10:54 AM
Will the Blackhawks get any special treatment with their arena atmosphere? Or will it be a generic place with a generic horn?
 
# 14 csamuelsvt @ 08/31/15 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntt26
Will the Blackhawks get any special treatment with their arena atmosphere? Or will it be a generic place with a generic horn?
Supposedly the Hawks goal horn is in, but a video dropped today via the Rangers twitter account that displayed their horn and goal song. Rangers goal horn is not correct....yet again.

The horns, which we were told are 100% authentic to each team, look to not be accurate whatsoever and are simply the horns from last year, lengthened by a couple of seconds. The songs however are accurate.

Here is to hoping the teams who did not have their correct horns in period(ex. Hawks, Dallas Stars, Phx Coyotes) have them as not the Devils horn used instead.
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.