Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post


I noticed the Buffalo Bills tweeted an image of defensive end, Mario Williams with red contacts in Madden NFL 16, so I had to go in and check it out myself.

Just one of the "little things" in the game.

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 23 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 SolidSquid @ 08/29/15 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

I noticed the Buffalo Bills tweeted an image of defensive end, Mario Williams with red contacts in Madden NFL 16, so I had to go in and check it out myself.

Just one of the "little things" in the game.
It's cool that they got it in but I wish elite pass rushers like Williams actually rushed the passer like elite pass rushers.
 
# 2 fancyclaps @ 08/29/15 03:24 PM
Haha, that is cool...
 
# 3 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 08/29/15 04:58 PM
It amazes me how EA is able to put this level of detail into the players (which looks great), but they can't figure out how to not have every sideline player wearing high socks or put names on the back of their jerseys? Just sayin..
 
# 4 EricFreakingBerry @ 08/29/15 05:00 PM
Yeah, I'll start being impressed with this when CFM works.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
 
# 5 fhs2 @ 08/29/15 08:50 PM
They tweeted my screenshot and didnīt even mention my name! At least i asked about it an Ik Enenkpali liked my comment! lol

https://account.xbox.com/pt-BR/screenshot/a27d436c-ae0d-40b8-b569-2284a675583a?gamertag=FH1S&scid=33480100-cb54-4451-8a00-6ee14a7a414b

follow me, @FernandoSchmude
 
# 6 HozAndMoose @ 08/29/15 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
It amazes me how EA is able to put this level of detail into the players (which looks great), but they can't figure out how to not have every sideline player wearing high socks or put names on the back of their jerseys? Just sayin..


First, if it took them any time at all it was no more than a few minutes. (I assume its part of his face scan so it didn't take any extra effort).



Second, did you ever think maybe the just don't have the resources capable of doing so? Lets be honest here. These consoles compare to a low to mid end PC. They have to choose where those resources need to go. And players on the sideline during plays isn't that big of a deal. When you are on the field you aren't looking at #51 on the sideline. They have numbers and equipment in cut scenes. That is good enough.
 
# 7 McG @ 08/29/15 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricFreakingBerry
Yeah, I'll start being impressed with this when CFM works.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
This, seriously.

Not to be overly critical, but they can add this in but they refuse to put in the little details that actually matter.
 
# 8 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 08/30/15 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
First, if it took them any time at all it was no more than a few minutes. (I assume its part of his face scan so it didn't take any extra effort).



Second, did you ever think maybe the just don't have the resources capable of doing so? Lets be honest here. These consoles compare to a low to mid end PC. They have to choose where those resources need to go. And players on the sideline during plays isn't that big of a deal. When you are on the field you aren't looking at #51 on the sideline. They have numbers and equipment in cut scenes. That is good enough.

Sidelines are a HUGE deal to me & many others. Just because they're not a big deal to you doesn't mean they're not important. I'm big on immersion & having generic looking sidelines kills it for me. That's not to say that I can't enjoy the game ( gameplay is really good this year), but to say sidelines or atmosphere is not a big deal is nonsense. It's almost 2016 & we shouldn't still be dealing with lackluster sidelines. You say they may not have the resources? EA Sports is the biggest Sports gaming company in the world! Lol. I'm pretty sure they could find the resources to improve the sidelines if they made it a priority. APF 2K8 had immersive sidelines on a Last Gen console for a game made almost a decade ago.

I get it that Madden has a higher graphical polygon count & the fidelity is a lot higher, but I'm not buying that they can't at least not have every sideline player wearing high socks....You say cut scenes are good enough? How awkward does it look when a player who wears low socks in the game is wearing high socks on the sidelines, every player on the sideline wearing the same facemask, players not having names on the back of jerseys, etc..? The cut scenes make the generic sidelines stand out even more! They need to completely go away from cut scenes & use Real-Time presentation at all times. Cut scenes are so Last gen smh. Now with all that said, obviously gameplay is most important, that's a given. However to act like things like sidelines, Living Worlds, presentation, etc.. don't matter is nonsense. Raise your standards a little.
 
# 9 mastershake88 @ 08/30/15 04:56 PM
But yet they missed the 4th superbowl banner in Gillette Stadium. And messed up M&T Bank Stadium. Come on guys.
 
# 10 mastershake88 @ 08/30/15 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
First, if it took them any time at all it was no more than a few minutes. (I assume its part of his face scan so it didn't take any extra effort).



Second, did you ever think maybe the just don't have the resources capable of doing so? Lets be honest here. These consoles compare to a low to mid end PC. They have to choose where those resources need to go. And players on the sideline during plays isn't that big of a deal. When you are on the field you aren't looking at #51 on the sideline. They have numbers and equipment in cut scenes. That is good enough.
It's that mentality that creates a settle for less mindset.
 
# 11 redsox4evur @ 08/30/15 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake88
But yet they missed the 4th superbowl banner in Gillette Stadium. And messed up M&T Bank Stadium. Come on guys.
I don't care about a 4th banner being hung up in Gillette, right now. Because if you go to Gillette there are only 3 banners hanging up.
 
# 12 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 08/30/15 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGiants4Natic
You are right...That is game breaking...I cant play this game knowing generic sideline dude has high socks and no gloves on...How dare you EA...I want my money back
Nobody said it's game breaking smart guy. Just pointing out that with amount of detail that goes into the on field players, the sidelines could use some love too. Don't get your panties in a bunch lol.
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.