Home
NBA 2K16 News Post


The hosts of the Post-Game Podcast recently had a chance to interview NBA 2K16 developer, Leftos Aslanoglou to discuss the recently released blog covering MyLEAGUE, MyLEAGUE Online and MyGM.

Give it a listen here and find out what Marc, Corey and Leftos have to say about it.

Quote:
The guys are back with yet another special edition of the Post-Game Podcast, and this time we brought a guest!

Earlier this week, 2K Sports dropped an insane developer diary detailing some HUGE additions and improvements to both MyGM and MyLEAGUE for NBA 2K16. Our hosts had more questions, so naturally, we thought who better to ask then a Greek legend who works on the modes himself, our good friend Leftos Aslanoglou - a #SimNation alum & 2K Sports developer.

Together, Marc and Corey ask Leftos about the development process this year and what went into creating some of the new additions, as well as finding out how the team finds the delicate balance between improving what's already there and adding new features each and every year.

The Greek, the American and the Canadian dive deep into the new features, including more insight on topics such as: Team Relocation, Team Building, multiple injuries & how they work, offseason improvements, customization and MyLEAGUE Online. The guys also try to clear-up some of the information and early criticism behind the lack of an offseason in MyLEAGUE Online.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 44 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Trackball @ 08/21/15 06:09 PM
This is my first time listening to the Post Game Podcast, and...okay, I have to address the elephant in the room. I know it's been asked before, so forgive me, but...

The host's name is MARK PRICE?!

No. There's no chance it's the same Mark Price that was a supremely-underrated point guard for the Cavs. It's got to be another guy with the same name, sorta like how the Chris Hansen that's trying to bring the Seattle Supersonics back is not the same Chris Hansen from "To Catch a Predator."

EDIT: Right after I posted that, I realized it's Marc, with a C, not a K. My mistake...I'm sure he gets that a lot. I apologize.
 
# 2 mrprice33 @ 08/21/15 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
This is my first time listening to the Post Game Podcast, and...okay, I have to address the elephant in the room. I know it's been asked before, so forgive me, but...

The host's name is MARK PRICE?!

No. There's no chance it's the same Mark Price that was a supremely-underrated point guard for the Cavs. It's got to be another guy with the same name, sorta like how the Chris Hansen that's trying to bring the Seattle Supersonics back is not the same Chris Hansen from "To Catch a Predator."

EDIT: Right after I posted that, I realized it's Marc, with a C, not a K. My mistake...I'm sure he gets that a lot. I apologize.
Worse, my middle name is Anthony. So if it's not Marc Price it's Marc Anthony so I get it from both sides.
 
# 3 2_headedmonster @ 08/21/15 07:24 PM
It would have been cool if since they didnt have the time for a full off-season there was an option to have everyone on a 1yr contract with bird-rights on your two highest rated players. And you just rebuilt your team every year through free-agency and competed for top players.
 
# 4 DC @ 08/21/15 07:57 PM
Mark Price is my favorite player of all time.

I haven't listened to the podcast yet but I know it is good.

Will report back when I am done
 
# 5 BluFu @ 08/21/15 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
Mark Price is my favorite player of all time.

I haven't listened to the podcast yet but I know it is good.

Will report back when I am done
Not much new information. One thing I didn't see mentioned in the blog though..

-Loss of abilities due to injuries can sometimes be permanent.
 
# 6 nova91 @ 08/21/15 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
Mark Price is my favorite player of all time.

I haven't listened to the podcast yet but I know it is good.

Will report back when I am done
Mark Price now coaches at my college. I missed his introduction ceremony, I really wanted to get his autograph. I should get to see plenty of him around campus though, especially being an athletic training major, so I might try to get it then.
 
# 7 Junior Moe @ 08/21/15 08:40 PM
MyLeague/MyGM is in very good hands with Mr. Leftos!
 
# 8 Leftos @ 08/21/15 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
Not much new information. One thing I didn't see mentioned in the blog though..

-Loss of abilities due to injuries can sometimes be permanent.
Erick kind of ruined it for me since his blog was so extensive. I could've gone into more detail and maybe talk about some stuff that weren't in the blog, but you know that was a humongous write-up when in an hour-long podcast we hardly had enough time to go over half the things on the list. There's going to be plenty more opportunity to talk about the game coming up to the release and after.
 
# 9 BluFu @ 08/21/15 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
Erick kind of ruined it for me since his blog was so extensive. I could've gone into more detail and maybe talk about some stuff that weren't in the blog, but you know that was a humongous write-up when in an hour-long podcast we hardly had enough time to go over half the things on the list. There's going to be plenty more opportunity to talk about the game coming up to the release and after.
Wasn't a waste of time by any means. Good clarification of things already announced plus a couple of laughs. I just hope you're ready for those interview questions on Monday. Community's got a TON of questions
 
# 10 dwayne12345 @ 08/22/15 10:04 AM
Great podcast with great additions to the modes.

I wonder if generated draft class issues were addressed (like PGs having big men animations, tendencies, and unrealistic looking players) as that's the single thing that ruined going deep into a MyGM for me last year.

This is the only thing that I haven't heard addressed that I'm crossing my fingers on.

But I love all the additions to logic. I think anywhere we get additions to CPU team building logic is a win.
 
# 11 thedream2k16 @ 08/22/15 11:13 AM
Liking the elements implemented in myleague online mode concerning social medial, tricker and trade rumors.
 
# 12 MeloNYK7 @ 08/22/15 12:51 PM
Is there anyway a work around for no off season can be implemented before release? As in just a few more options going into every seasons. here are some suggestions:

1. As stated already a custom roster option going into the 2nd season (and 3rd etc) would be an awesome way to manually progress the roster and league.

2. the continue with end of season roster already implemented is a great option too and is definitely welcomed. thank you guys.

3. the 3rd option which would be very nice in my opinion is a another fantasy draft into 2nd season (and 3rd etc). this would eliminate the process of having to create a whole new league and invite 30 people all over to do another fantasy draft league.
 
# 13 CoreySA @ 08/22/15 03:54 PM
We appreciate everyone taking the time to listen in!

Is there any other guests you guys would like us to interview? We're always open to new suggestions. Cheers!
 
# 14 amedawg00 @ 08/22/15 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreySA
We appreciate everyone taking the time to listen in!

Is there any other guests you guys would like us to interview? We're always open to new suggestions. Cheers!
Getting the core members who work on OAs will always get the community to tune in. As you guys alluded to in the podcast, the small sample size of triple A titles that strive to deliver a fully featured OA is far and few between. Hence, getting the engineers and producers that work on this mode to expound upon the challenges of creating functional online associations and it's challenges, be it from the 2k staff or any other rival triple A titles would be welcomed.
 
# 15 23 @ 08/22/15 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreySA
We appreciate everyone taking the time to listen in!

Is there any other guests you guys would like us to interview? We're always open to new suggestions. Cheers!
Definitely Da Czar and Scott OG... together if possible when you get time.

Great interview man, i was sad you guys had to cut it because of that east coast time

Finally got a chance to finish today.. keep it up
 
# 16 Taer @ 08/22/15 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreySA
We appreciate everyone taking the time to listen in!

Is there any other guests you guys would like us to interview? We're always open to new suggestions. Cheers!
Perhaps you can get a behind-the-scenes hardware architecture guy to discuss the server situation? I bet a lot of people would tune into this.
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.