Home
NBA 2K16 News Post


2K Sports has added the '00-'01 Los Angeles Lakers (previously revealed) & '03-'04 Detroit Pistons to the list of classic teams in NBA 2K16.

There will be 12 new classic teams added this year, 7 of them have now been confirmed.

Here is the list of confirmed classic teams so far:
  • '03-'04 Detroit Pistons
  • '07-'08 Houston Rockets
  • '99-'00 Toronto Raptors
  • '07-08 Boston Celtics
  • '00-'01 Los Angeles Lakers
  • '02-'03 Dallas Mavericks
  • '99-'00 Portland Trail Blazers

Two more teams will be revealed next Thursday.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 44 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 VDusen04 @ 08/20/15 03:02 PM




 
# 2 woshihuxingtan @ 08/20/15 03:08 PM
Great news! BTW it's not Piston Rockcts... Steve
 
# 3 ejohns1004 @ 08/20/15 03:09 PM
 
# 4 ejohns1004 @ 08/20/15 03:10 PM
Finally the 2004 Pistons get some love from 2k. About damn time!
 
# 5 Steve_OS @ 08/20/15 03:10 PM
Fixed my typo, got a little too excited for my boys!
 
# 6 juicey79 @ 08/20/15 03:11 PM
boom! Please have correct player semblance of age...Tyshaun Prince was a rookie stud during the Pistons run and should look like a rookie...I want to see rips face mask too. And stifling defensive rotations. I'm liking what I'm seeing this far
 
# 7 Jrocc23 @ 08/20/15 03:12 PM
So much to do on this game. Want to see Rip w/ the mask and Ben with his fro. But can't wait to play with my Lakers.
 
# 8 Cowboyfan_19 @ 08/20/15 03:14 PM
It's becoming like training camp, where a pool of teams tries to make the final 2k16 roster, but only 5 teams remain. Who will they be???

2004 Wolves, 2003 Spurs, 2005 Suns, 2006 Heat, 2003 Nets, 2008 Lakers, and 2007 Warriors are eagerly awaiting the final decisions!!!
 
# 9 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/20/15 03:15 PM
Geeked. Now 2k you can't have this team without stifling defense !!!!
 
# 10 ejohns1004 @ 08/20/15 03:15 PM
Shaping up to be my favorite 2k game is a very long time. Now if I could just see some gameplay so that I can know it's not just a series of cut scenes, like some basketball hideo kojima game.
 
# 11 JohnnyCash2015 @ 08/20/15 03:15 PM
Hoping for 04' lakers, Robinson Duncan Spurs or 03 Nets


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
# 12 myownsun @ 08/20/15 03:16 PM
Yell Hes the Stons are in!
 
# 13 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/20/15 03:17 PM
Aren't those Spurs already in the Game JohnnyCash?
 
# 14 VDusen04 @ 08/20/15 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicey79
boom! Please have correct player semblance of age...Tyshaun Prince was a rookie stud during the Pistons run and should look like a rookie...I want to see rips face mask too. And stifling defensive rotations. I'm liking what I'm seeing this far
I agree with your premise but as a super stickler for my Pistons, Tayshaun Prince was in his second year in 2003-2004. Still, I get what you're saying! I'm ready for some prime chasedown antics:



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QJ4iwqnLKc
 
# 15 The 24th Letter @ 08/20/15 03:17 PM
 
# 16 Steve_OS @ 08/20/15 03:18 PM
LET'S GOOOOOOOOOO
 
# 17 The 24th Letter @ 08/20/15 03:19 PM
I'm definitely not asking for perfection but please give these guy's decent CF's!

Such a great addition....

So all the duplicates are gone right? We should have 2 new teams for the next couple of weeks..
 
# 18 TheBarcaBoy @ 08/20/15 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyfan_19
It's becoming like training camp, where a pool of teams tries to make the final 2k16 roster, but only 5 teams remain. Who will they be???

2004 Wolves, 2003 Spurs, 2005 Suns, 2006 Heat, 2003 Nets, 2008 Lakers, and 2007 Warriors are eagerly awaiting the final decisions!!!
Of the 12 New Classic Teams added, is it going to be 6 East and 6 West Teams, if so we already know 4 West and 3 East and with 5 Teams Remaining we could Probably see 2 of Wolves/Suns/Spurs and Possibly 3 East Teams Nets/Heat/Bucks/Cavs/Magic/Pacers?
 
# 19 TheBarcaBoy @ 08/20/15 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I'm definitely not asking for perfection but please give these guy's decent CF's!

Such a great addition....

So all the duplicates are gone right? We should have 2 new teams for the next couple of weeks..
Celtics yet to be Officially Announced!
 
# 20 BA2929 @ 08/20/15 03:23 PM
Heck yea!

Can't wait to play with some Mehmet Okur!


 

« Previous12345678Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.