Home
FIFA 16 News Post



EA Sports just posted a new trailer featuring the Presentation Improvements in FIFA 16. EA also posted a new blog, but we've covered all of the improvements mentioned already in an earlier post on Operation Sports.

Check out the trailer above, and let us know what you think of the new presentation improvements in FIFA 16!

Game: FIFA 16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
FIFA 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Don Jon @ 08/19/15 11:56 AM
This is the stuff I like to see. Getting the video games closer to real life is a huge plus in any game. I am so glad EA isn't neglecting the offline crowd. I was afraid they were, but with these big improvements, along with the big career mode changes, this game is a day 1 buy for me.
 
# 2 bxphenom7 @ 08/19/15 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Jon
This is the stuff I like to see. Getting the video games closer to real life is a huge plus in any game. I am so glad EA isn't neglecting the offline crowd. I was afraid they were, but with these big improvements, along with the big career mode changes, this game is a day 1 buy for me.
What are the big career mode changes?
 
# 3 redsox4evur @ 08/19/15 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxphenom7
What are the big career mode changes?
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ning-more.html

here.
 
# 4 jaa1980 @ 08/19/15 12:28 PM
BIG changes? nice improvements, but noting BIG.
 
# 5 Don Jon @ 08/19/15 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
BIG changes? nice improvements, but noting BIG.
It was a lower case big. For me "BIG", and "big" are two different things. It was a "big" step for ea to do what they did with career mode because it proves they still care about that mode and aren't going with solely online based modes.
 
# 6 ZO @ 08/19/15 12:41 PM
I'm disappointed they didn't get all the Bundesliga stadiums.
 
# 7 bxphenom7 @ 08/19/15 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Jon
It was a lower case big. For me "BIG", and "big" are two different things. It was a "big" step for ea to do what they did with career mode because it proves they still care about that mode and aren't going with solely online based modes.
Thanks for the link. I personally am not impressed with what I read.
 
# 8 ghettofocker @ 08/19/15 01:00 PM
first time to purchase a soccer game. really wanna try it out this year. hopefully I will get the hang of it. anyone wanna show me the ropes?
 
# 9 OneDrop @ 08/19/15 01:34 PM
The thing that makes me the most happy from this vid, is the small amount of gameplay they put in there. Versus the CPU it definitely looks slower, they also don't seem to do these weird hesitant moves anymore, looks like the CPU makes the decision to pass much faster and plays with more purpose. Looking good EA.
 
# 10 DBMcGee3 @ 08/19/15 02:54 PM
Say what you will about game play, but FIFA absolutely kills PES in the presentation areas. This year looks to be no exception.
 
# 11 Matt10 @ 08/19/15 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDrop
The thing that makes me the most happy from this vid, is the small amount of gameplay they put in there. Versus the CPU it definitely looks slower, they also don't seem to do these weird hesitant moves anymore, looks like the CPU makes the decision to pass much faster and plays with more purpose. Looking good EA.
I was about to say the same thing, OD. Looks really good. Love the presentation and the depth EA is taking FIFA 16. Let's hope there aren't any glitches gameplay wise...please!!!!
 
# 12 Moose Factory @ 08/19/15 04:09 PM
I've been playing the beta and I'm honestly sad to say that it doesn't feel like a huge step up from 15. Not sure I'm buying this year. The PES demo shows me that Konami cares more about player likeness (almost every player on each team doesn't have a generic face) way more than EA does.
 
# 13 TheDutchDad @ 08/19/15 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
Say what you will about game play, but FIFA absolutely kills PES in the presentation areas. This year looks to be no exception.
Definitely. Always has, and probably always will, but that's not Konamis strength.
 
# 14 OneDrop @ 08/19/15 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I was about to say the same thing, OD. Looks really good. Love the presentation and the depth EA is taking FIFA 16. Let's hope there aren't any glitches gameplay wise...please!!!!
It's going to need sliders regardless bruh, don't think you're getting an easy year. Should be easier to finetune it than last year though from what I'm seeing. What killed the game for me was the hesitant turning left turning right turning back turning back again thing the CPU kept doing. It killed any realism for me, the dribbling animations look slower this year so the CPU probably won't do those anymore. If it turns out they managed to get the pointless dribbling out, all you might need to do is finetune the error sliders, possibly the line sliders too.
 
# 15 Matt10 @ 08/19/15 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDrop
It's going to need sliders regardless bruh, don't think you're getting an easy year. Should be easier to finetune it than last year though from what I'm seeing. What killed the game for me was the hesitant turning left turning right turning back turning back again thing the CPU kept doing. It killed any realism for me, the dribbling animations look slower this year so the CPU probably won't do those anymore. If it turns out they managed to get the pointless dribbling out, all you might need to do is finetune the error sliders, possibly the line sliders too.
Sounds good, I'm on board with that, and yes the ninja dribbling needs to go.
 
# 16 bwiggy33 @ 08/20/15 01:54 AM
I feel like the back and forth dribbling is due to tactics. I see the same thing with NHL. In NHL, if you have the cycle frequency slider down then they will go off into la la land and just start skating back and forth because they think they shouldn't pass. Same thing with the Dump in/Carry In frequency. If it's set a majority of the way to Carry then players will only look to carry the puck in thus making the player skate back and forth with the puck like a [email protected] Since tactics were broken last year in FIFA I think that played a role in that. The build up and other tactics that go along with that could play a role. I really hope tactics are fixed. It adds so much to the game.
 
# 17 KG @ 08/20/15 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
Say what you will about game play, but FIFA absolutely kills PES in the presentation areas. This year looks to be no exception.
100% agreed. The little things like stat overlays make a huge difference when it comes to immersion. Even though it was added years ago, I still love seeing scores from other games. It makes a big difference in feeling that you're not isolated inside of your own little world when playing.
 
# 18 Icemaster20007 @ 08/21/15 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
100% agreed. The little things like stat overlays make a huge difference when it comes to immersion. Even though it was added years ago, I still love seeing scores from other games. It makes a big difference in feeling that you're not isolated inside of your own little world when playing.
Agreed. I was on my final day for City and Chelsea had to win their game or I won the league again.

They updated me telling me Chelsea scored and the commentary basically went "Oh and that is such a blow, we've just heard that the team which had to win this game to win the title, is now currently in the lead."

It was a very very nice touch. Chelsea ended up winning like 3-0 and won on goals scored alone. We both had 77ish points or something.
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.