12:19 PM - August 15, 2015 by Steve_OS
Slightly Mad Studios have released Project CARS patch 3.0 for PC and PlayStation 4 users. It should arrive soon for Xbox One, we will update this post when it becomes available.
UPDATE: (8-28) - The Xbox One patch is rolling out now.
Below are some of the new and enhanced features of the patch. For a complete list of updates, read the final release notes at the Project CARS Forum (PC, PlayStation 4).
- New – Friends Leaderboards – players can now toggle between viewing ‘ALL’ and ‘FRIENDS ONLY’ on the leaderboards screen.
- New – Multiplayer Spectate Mode – players can now choose to ‘Retire to Pit Box’ during a race, and then spectate the ongoing race.
- Enhanced MP vehicle grouping – online races now use real-world vehicle classes. This results in far better vehicle performance matching for online races.
- Enhanced Setup and Pit Strategy system – players are now provided with information regarding current and upcoming weather, remaining session duration, current track temperatures, and more.
- Enhanced HUD and Telemetry tyre info system – players can now see in real time which tyre compounds they are currently using, what each tyre’s pressure is, and how much each tyre is worn.
- Enhanced Cut Track detection system – the system used to detect cut tracks is now far more accurate and 'fair'.
- DLC Career Contract support – the game now supports the addition of career contracts for new DLC vehicles so that players can use applicable cars in their core career series.
- Enhanced Replay system – players can now access Photo Mode from within a replay, and can switch between cars during a replay.
- New – Force Feedback – implemented the ability via menu sliders for the user to manually tweak the menu spring strength, stationary / low speed spring strength, and overall steering gain.
- New – the Force Feedback Calibration screen now features a multiple force feedback profile selection system whereby the user can select a base FFB style that suits personal preference, and then tweak it further as desired.
- Enhanced Weather system – all vehicles are updated with new window rain effects, featuring dynamic rivulets, much more realistic looking water drops, and wiper blade trail effects.