Home
NHL 16 News Post



If you can't see the video above, click here.

NHL 16's Be a Pro mode is centered around the new progression system. How you progress and grow as a player is directly influenced by your on-ice actions, which means your player's attributes will reflect the way you play.

The (perhaps) even better news is that sim to your next shift and the ability to work your way up from a CHL rookie are both making returns in this year's mode.

There will also be an all-new off-ice training feature, which will help you take your progression to a new level. You can set your weekly workout times to focus on various aspects of your game.

Also, there will be new on-ice visual aids to help project shooting targets, passing lanes, open teammates and more.

What do you think of the new-look Be a Pro Mode in NHL 16?

Source - EA Sports

NHL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NHL 16Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
NHL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Rhaze48 @ 08/13/15 11:47 AM
As a primarily BaP player, this excites me greatly. I am happy they have taken player feedback and improved the game. Based on the Beta alone I was willing to call NHL16 a win for EASports, but this is the icing on the cake for me.
 
# 2 ASUBoy93 @ 08/13/15 03:12 PM
The Beta was great. This looks pretty good too. Can't wait to pick up the game.

Side bar: Our new unis for the 'Yotes suuuuuuuuuuuuck.
 
# 3 giantsharks @ 08/13/15 05:04 PM
this mode looks fun, never played it much but might give it a go this year. Only thing to nitpick is the sharks victory celebration, sharkie is walking but should be skating and also has the wrong flag (should be a W flag), other then that the trailer looks great.
 
# 4 bwiggy33 @ 08/13/15 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsharks
this mode looks fun, never played it much but might give it a go this year. Only thing to nitpick is the sharks victory celebration, sharkie is walking but should be skating and also has the wrong flag (should be a W flag), other then that the trailer looks great.
It's definitely a good nitpick but honestly it's just sweet seeing Sharkie out there. I miss the sight of that. It didn't happen nearly enough last year. I love the way the Sharks atmosphere is shaping up in this game. As cheesey as the Shark hands are during a PP, it's sweet to see it in the game.

These little details are really sweet but I still just think it's all going to be ruined for me with the gameplay. I'm basically waiting for that to happen which isn't a good thing at all.
 
# 5 bad_philanthropy @ 08/13/15 07:40 PM
Looks good, but it must be said, this is more or less the same mode that's been in the series for the past couple years. Never the less, glad to see it's back up to par with gen 3.
 
# 6 ericromain @ 08/14/15 04:34 PM
The mode looks good.

I hope they put the ear guards on the CHL players now that it's option.
 
# 7 Madwolf @ 08/15/15 12:12 PM
Wow, Bacon Country is the goalie in the video. lol
 
# 8 FBeaule04 @ 08/15/15 04:48 PM
I hope this mode got the work it deserve because it can be a lot of fun.

I'm mainly looking for 2 things as a make of break for me with this mode.

1- If the sim to next shift with a D-Man is like it was in previous version we're the D-Man you replaced leave the defensive zone to make a change with you, then playing D on this mode is useless.

2 - Is there any contribution from the other lines on your team. If that's still the same issue then in previous versions, it's again useless. It's not normal than 90% of the goals scored is from the line your on and 90% of the goals allowed is from the line you face on the ice.

If those two things are still the same, the mode would again be a big deception.
 
# 9 sweetjones @ 08/16/15 06:24 PM
That's 2 years in a row I saw a First-person view in a trailer. I wonder if that's something being looked at to implement.
 
# 10 HypoLuxa13 @ 08/17/15 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetjones
That's 2 years in a row I saw a First-person view in a trailer. I wonder if that's something being looked at to implement.
Huh? At what point in the video was that? I did not notice any first person gameplay view...?
 
# 11 sweetjones @ 08/17/15 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
Huh? At what point in the video was that? I did not notice any first person gameplay view...?

The 28 sec mark of the video. Also, last year's trailer had a quick 1st person view, 33 second mark,


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbskn16gpQE
 
# 12 Woody19 @ 09/01/15 09:17 AM
Does anybody know how the aspect of "ingame actions affecting your player's progression" will work? I.e. will it be like in FIFA15 where when you do a specific move or shoot a spectacular goal (for example) it will show you the XP gained right in game? Because my fear is that I won't be able to track which action may have affected which XP gain. I hope you get what I mean
 
# 13 HypoLuxa13 @ 09/01/15 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody19
Does anybody know how the aspect of "ingame actions affecting your player's progression" will work? I.e. will it be like in FIFA15 where when you do a specific move or shoot a spectacular goal (for example) it will show you the XP gained right in game? Because my fear is that I won't be able to track which action may have affected which XP gain. I hope you get what I mean
In past games, you could see your coach's feedback. Not by specific actions, but it gave you areas of your game you were playing well/poorly at. Like playing in position, passing the puck well, scoring, turnovers, penalties, etc.

Example:
+ nice assist
+ good job taking the body

- you were on the ice for a goal against
- cut down on turnovers

Generally speaking, score a couple goals, put up a couple assists, land some hits, your player will earn more XP than if you have an empty box score line or take a bunch of penalties and turn the puck over constantly.
 
# 14 adayinthelife @ 09/01/15 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetjones
That's 2 years in a row I saw a First-person view in a trailer. I wonder if that's something being looked at to implement.
Seriously, I don't understand why they show things like this that don't appear to be possible in the game.

First person fighting kinda sucked, so I don't know how much confidence I'd have that they could pull it off, but something like that might get me interested in BaP.
 
# 15 Woody19 @ 09/02/15 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
In past games, you could see your coach's feedback. Not by specific actions, but it gave you areas of your game you were playing well/poorly at. Like playing in position, passing the puck well, scoring, turnovers, penalties, etc.

Example:
+ nice assist
+ good job taking the body

- you were on the ice for a goal against
- cut down on turnovers

Generally speaking, score a couple goals, put up a couple assists, land some hits, your player will earn more XP than if you have an empty box score line or take a bunch of penalties and turn the puck over constantly.
Thanks. Yeah, I've seen that in previous versions. What I like in FIFA is that you get direct feedback on your (positive) actions in form of popups, saying something like "25XP gained for game-tying goal" or similar. That makes the whole XP thing more transparent
 
# 16 AdamJones113 @ 09/02/15 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody19
Thanks. Yeah, I've seen that in previous versions. What I like in FIFA is that you get direct feedback on your (positive) actions in form of popups, saying something like "25XP gained for game-tying goal" or similar. That makes the whole XP thing more transparent
Yeah, I can't really tell from the trailer.

Since it is the FIFA way, presumably that aspect (in-game popup) would apply as well, but we didn't see anything like that in the trailer. On the other, the trailer was heavily edited and a trailer.
 
# 17 AdamJones113 @ 09/02/15 09:14 AM
Update: Asked one of the GCs, he said that there are pop-ups, similar to FIFA (though not sure about the details).
 
# 18 Woody19 @ 09/02/15 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJones113
Update: Asked one of the GCs, he said that there are pop-ups, similar to FIFA (though not sure about the details).
Cool, thanks for the information!
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.